388 5 1-18 10:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdMat-from-central-CA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8449826 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good day DJI. Can you shed some light on the pricing model of the newly released DJI Modify? That is if that has been finalized. Thank you.

1-18 10:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For more information about DJI Modify, you may click the link below. Please scroll down to the very bottom if you want to apply for a DJI Modify trial or inquire about purchasing details. We appreciate your valued support.

https://enterprise.dji.com/modify
1-18 22:38
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Give Metashape a try in parallel, before investing in Terra and Modify.  I haven't tried Modify yet, but when I see the disclamer that says you can't use custom coordinates and elevation system, and you can use only model from Terra, it's scary.
1-18 22:46
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 818248 ft
  • >>>
Spain

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-18 22:46
Give Metashape a try in parallel, before investing in Terra and Modify.  I haven't tried Modify yet, but when I see the disclamer that says you can't use custom coordinates and elevation system, and you can use only model from Terra, it's scary.

I agree with you that Agisoft Metashape is an excelent tool , but reading your comment about that Terra + Modify...

Are you unable to choose a different coordinate reference system than WGS84? I was supposing that  you could choose another predefined one from a CRS library

And talking about the model, are you refering to the DTM that you use as reference for elevation? If I am correct, what is its resolution???

Regards.
1-19 09:49
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Fozando Posted at 1-19 09:49
I agree with you that Agisoft Metashape is an excelent tool , but reading your comment about that Terra + Modify...

Are you unable to choose a different coordinate reference system than WGS84? I was supposing that  you could choose another predefined one from a CRS library

Even if yes in Terra you can choose a horizontal coordinate system quite easily, even a custom one, for the vertical it quickly becomes complicated. Obviously they have not succeeded in establishing a complete connection between the two software:
Note of the latest software version:
DJI Modify Release Notes (01/18/2024) | DJI FORUM
*only supports editing 3D (visible light) models reconstructed using DJI Terra v4.0.0 or later versions.

Basically, on that note DJI explain to you that it is only compatible with photogrammetry, forget the idea of doing it with LiDAR, which is possible with Metashape. And beyond that, only compatible with projects made with Terra 4.0. Which means that if a client sends you a dataset made with something else, like PiX4D, Metashape, WebODM.. You're stuck. Which is not the case with Metashape, the moment you provide it with a valid format, it works. Regardless of the original software. It is an old habit of DJI to lock its products.

*does not support importing models reconstructed using custom coordinate systems or coordinate systems with seven-parameter transformation.

Then for me this is the icing on the cake. Once again DJI locks the possibility of working in custom coordinates, which can be very annoying. To reduce the size of the files, I sometimes do it. Well with Modify you can't! For Helmert's transformations it's the same, they are locking the software.

We are unfortunately used to DJI, it is yet another new product which has been put on the market in beta version, the first users will pay the price, and act as beta testers.

Strictly speaking, we can thank them for not hiding it:

1.JPG

You really have to be the last of the last to have the idea of clicking on purchase instead of free trial:

2.JPG

I haven't tried it yet, it should happen soon. What is important to remember, regular DJI customers know this, do not rush to buy. Ask for trial versions, try other software, invest in what suits you best as long as you are sure that the product keeps its promises.

1-19 11:52
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 818248 ft
  • >>>
Spain

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-19 11:52
Even if yes in Terra you can choose a horizontal coordinate system quite easily, even a custom one, for the vertical it quickly becomes complicated. Obviously they have not succeeded in establishing a complete connection between the two software:
Note of the latest software version:
DJI Modify Release Notes (01/18/2024) | DJI FORUM

Thanks for the info, and I was undestanding bad the model thing.

Close enviroments in terms of software are pure rubbish. DJI is losing clients witout giving the possibility to work with models generated in another tools different from DJI Terra.
1-20 05:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules