How to improve the wind noise
360 6 1-21 07:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m326
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My OA3 came detached from its mount and is lost and apart from the lower speed ramp-up in volume I used to get, I thought the wind noise recuction was acceptable considering the circumstances.
Having now bought the OA4 the lower speed ramp-up in volume is fixed but the resulting audio sounds more like someone is using a pot scourer and I'm not liking it so much, it's more of an irrating sound.
With this version what are other people doing to successfully improve the cameras audio quality?
The camera is mounted on the screen and above the headlights, it's recording in mono and with noise reduction turned on.
Here's a short clip to demonstrate what I am finding...

Edit, having just listened to the upload, I think it doesn't sound like wind noise anymore - just mush
1-21 07:50
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The only way to really battle wind noise is to find a way to attach a deadcat to your mic.
2-23 02:20
Use props
m326
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thank-you. That's hard beings the colour sensor sits between them. On my OA3 I had a foam cover, that made a slight difference.
This morning I'm awaiting a standalone DJI Mic2 and their lavalier mic - so I'll have 2 further options. Record BT signal to OA4 replacing it's audio, helmet mounted lav mic standalone or BT to OA4 replacing it's audio. Somethings got to work right?
... and as I speak, parcel has arrived
2-23 03:07
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

why are you not using a  wireless mic  the DJI mic 2 in the car and off you go with perfect sound just saying
2-23 04:00
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

For wind noise, reduce any audio below 300Hz in your editing tool on your PC.
2-25 09:50
Use props
DanielCardenas
lvl.1
United States

m326 Posted at 2-23 03:07
Thank-you. That's hard beings the colour sensor sits between them. On my OA3 I had a foam cover, that made a slight difference.
This morning I'm awaiting a standalone DJI Mic2 and their lavalier mic - so I'll have 2 further options. Record BT signal to OA4 replacing it's audio, helmet mounted lav mic standalone or BT to OA4 replacing it's audio. Somethings got to work right?
... and as I speak, parcel has arrived

I have two OA4's and used deadcats to cover the mics. I tried not to obstruct the temperature sensor, but I haven't seen any difference in color rendering, at least for non-underwater situations.

If you're using deadcats, get some 3M VHB tape, or something similar (most of the ones in Amazon that say 3M VHB are not, actually, but they do work though) and punch a hole through the tape for the microphone. Then, patiently cut to shape with scissors and bond a flat deadcat on top of it.
2-25 14:07
Use props
m326
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thank-you, I will experiment with dead cats, sounds like a good solution.
I always used to reduce the lower Hz with the OA3 and have tried with the OA4 but that scratchyness still remains as it's higher up the range.
2-25 15:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules