Disabling Mic 2 Auto Power Off
829 9 1-30 14:23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grempe
lvl.1

United States

Please allow users to disable the auto power off functionality of the DJI Mic 2.

Here is my use case. I am going on a trip with my family with an Osmo Pocket 3 and the Mic 2 that came with that bundle, and two additional Mic 2's that came with the Mic 2 kit w/ receiver and charger. I would like to mic up my small'ish children, with the mics powered on but not recording. Then when I start shooting on the OP3 the mics will auto-connect to the OP3 and serve as the audio tracks for clips from that device.

The problem is, this is not really possible as the mic 2 units always turn off completely after 15 minutes of not recording.  So I'd have to go turn on the power again on each mic every time I wanted to shoot a video clip. Every... Single... Time...

This is not a problem with the OP3, or how it integrates with the mics. It is a problem that is core to the DJI Mic 2 devices.

If you enabled me to change a setting that would disable the auto power off I would be able to leave a mic powered on, but not recording, on each of my children at all times. I understand the battery limitations and that I would have to recharge the devices after some hours. This way, the mics would always be ready to start their backup recording in 32 bit float and send their audio to the OP3 on demand when the device is powered on and recording.

As it stands now, the best solution I have is to turn on backup on-device recording when I first mic up my "talent" and just leave it recording continuously. I'll shoot clips on the OP3 with only the OP3 internal mics. Later I'll need to manually sync this lav mic audio up with my clips in Final Cut Pro and trim out the hours of audio I don't need which is a lot of unnecessary recording time and a lot of extra in-post editing time.

This is the only way to use the mic 2 with the OP3 if your recording sessions span longer than 15 minutes between shots.

PS - If you could release this change in the next 48 hours before I leave I would much appreciate it. Joking, but not really. ;-)

Cheers
1-30 14:23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. TX Auto Off: When enabled, the transmitter, when not connected to any device and without independent recording activated, automatically shuts down after 15 minutes of no use.

To enable or disable this feature, refer to the operations below:

Swipe down from the top edge to enter the Control Menu, select Transmitter Settings, and swipe left to locate Transmitter Auto off, then enable it.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
1-31 01:27
Use props
grempe
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-31 01:27
Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. TX Auto Off: When enabled, the transmitter, when not connected to any device and without independent recording activated, automatically shuts down after 15 minutes of no use.

To enable or disable this feature, refer to the operations below:

Wow, I had no idea of my power.

I ask for this feature to be implemented prior to my vacation, and <24h later, there it is. ;-)

Seriously, thanks for listening (to all of us).

Firmware: v04.03.08.31

What’s New

- Added Transmitter Auto Off, enabled by default. When enabled, the transmitter, when not connected to any device and without independent recording activated, automatically shuts down after 15 minutes of no use.
1-31 07:38
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

Fastest result ever, LOL. Good thing though! Much needed.
1-31 08:14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

grempe Posted at 1-31 07:38
Wow, I had no idea of my power.

I ask for this feature to be implemented prior to my vacation, and

We're glad to know that this newly released firmware addresses your concern at the right time. Please feel free to enjoy the added feature! Cheers!
2-2 22:19
Use props
Tanke
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

How can I  enable/disable "auto off"  when I  don´t have the receiver ? ? ? ? ?
It still turns off after 15min and I can not use my Mic2 with my Action4! Its practically useless the way it is...
2-4 05:59
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

Tanke Posted at 2-4 05:59
How can I  enable/disable "auto off"  when I  don´t have the receiver ? ? ? ? ?
It still turns off after 15min and I can not use my Mic2 with my Action4! Its practically useless the way it is...

Just done a quick check for you. While this option now exists with the latest firmware on the Pocket 3 and Mic 2, it dos not curently exist on the Action 4 (latest firmware). Hopefully, this will happen with next firmware update.
2-4 09:50
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

plz update Pocket3 to v01.03.05.02
and mic2 to  v04.03.08.31

the auto shutter down can be turned on and off with the latest update on Pocket3.
https://www.dji.com/cn/mic-2/downloads
2-4 19:39
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Thanks for the feedback on Action4. we are working on the issue.
2-4 19:39
Use props
deelip
lvl.1

India

Eagerly waiting for the update on Action 4.

It would also be good to have a "never" for auto turn-off for Action 4 camera. All other action cameras have this.
2-15 09:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules