o(^-^)o
AlexCarboni
Captain
Flight distance : 4535200 ft
  • >>>
Italy

HI DJI

for us DJI RC PRO owners
when the new update will arrive that will make it more efficient ?
choice of larger fonts, etc etc
Why has a remote control like this still not received any latest updates to the DJI Fly app?

How-to-Pair-the-DJI-RC-Pro-Controller-with-DJI-Drone-1.jpg
2-3 07:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. The latest firmware of the DJI RC Pro is v03.02.0700 which was released last 12/27/2023 and fixed some known issues. Currently, we don't have any exact timeframe on when the new update for the said remote controller be available and if that update includes some new features. We will continue to forward this feedback to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2-3 20:21
Use props
AlexCarboni
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-3 20:21
Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. The latest firmware of the DJI RC Pro is v03.02.0700 which was released last 12/27/2023 and fixed some known issues. Currently, we don't have any exact timeframe on when the new update for the said remote controller be available and if that update includes some new features. We will continue to forward this feedback to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

it is absurd that the DJI RC PRO remote control remains with the old DJI fly App
while DJI  RC  even cheaper, is updated ...

I'm very disappointed with this

2-14 02:32
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6037799 ft
  • >>>
Spain

You only need to download the last dji fly apk from DJI website, on install this APK file on the RC PRO.

You can use mozilla web browser installed by default on RC PRO. Very easy to do........ The same procedure than a mobile phone.........
2-14 03:28
Use props
AlexCarboni
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

BEN_M16 Posted at 2-14 03:28
You only need to download the last dji fly apk from DJI website, on install this APK file on the RC PRO.

You can use mozilla web browser installed by default on RC PRO. Very easy to do........ The same procedure than a mobile phone.........

I'm not sure if this is the correct procedure to do ...
usually dji rc pro is updated by FW itself

and more ...the dji fly app on dji website is NOT compatible with DJI RC Pro ...
just check the compatible list ...

so I still asking why DJI doesn't update this RC Pro

2-14 06:57
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6037799 ft
  • >>>
Spain

The application is 100% compatible with the RC PRO, it is as if it were a mobile phone.

It is a totally correct way to do it, it is not a trick or back door.

The other way is also waiting for the DJI Fly itself installed on the RC PRO to detect the new version and ask you to update it, just like a mobile phone.

Remember to have internet on the RC PRO for this last method.
2-16 01:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AlexCarboni Posted at 2-14 02:32
it is absurd that the DJI RC PRO remote control remains with the old DJI fly App
while DJI  RC  even cheaper, is updated ...

Thank you for your response. The DJI RC Pro has two ways to update/upgrade the built-in DJI Fly App. Please refer to the details below:

1. When the DJI RC Pro is connected to the Internet (connected with Wifi), enter the DJI Fly App, click [Profile] - [Settings] - [About] - [Check For Updates] to detect the latest version of the app and update it. The screenshots of the specific steps are as follows:

2. Download the installation package (apk file) through the computer and directly connect the RC Pro to the computer through type-C cable or use SD card method and transfer it to the RC Pro, and find the corresponding installation package file for installation.

1) Download the APK file (for Android) from the official DJI website.
2) Move the file to the root directory of the SD card; or connect the RC Pro to the computer via a type-C cable and move it to the built-in storage of the RC Pro.
3) Enter the corresponding path through the RC Pro file manager (named "Files" on RC Pro) , find the apk file, and click the file to install.

This picture shows the path location installed to the internal storage of RC Pro. If you use an SD card, please first select the path as SD card in the file manager, and then find the corresponding apk file:

4) Click the file to update/upgrade (the update in this way will cover the original App version and the original data will not be lost)
2-16 03:11
Use props
AlexCarboni
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-16 03:11
Thank you for your response. The DJI RC Pro has two ways to update/upgrade the built-in DJI Fly App. Please refer to the details below:

1. When the DJI RC Pro is connected to the Internet (connected with Wifi), enter the DJI Fly App, click  - [Settings] - [About] - [Check For Updates] to detect the latest version of the app and update it. The screenshots of the specific steps are as follows:

THANK YOU DJI Paladin

I have already tried several times to search for the update with the first method
what you indicated
(enter the DJI Fly App, click [Profile] - [Settings] - [About] - [Check For Updates] to detect the latest version of the app and update it)

but unfortunately it tells me "server error" and therefore cannot update

now thanks to your suggestion I will use the second method by downloading the app directly from the DJI website and then installing it in the same way as on the phone.

Thanks again
2-16 04:54
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AlexCarboni Posted at 2-16 04:54
THANK YOU DJI Paladin

I have already tried several times to search for the update with the first method

You are very much welcome, Alex. We're glad that we helped you with your inquiry today. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your continued support!
2-17 03:03
Use props
AlexCarboni
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-17 03:03
You are very much welcome, Alex. We're glad that we helped you with your inquiry today. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your continued support!

thanks again dji paladin

I shared this information on my facebook group
and more than a few of my friends have expressed concerns about compatibility issues in forcing the dji fly app update in the 2nd way

I mean... since the DJI RC Pro remote control does not require updating automatically, as other dji remote controls have done...
Could there be some incompatibility problem between the new DJI Fly app and the DJI RC Pro radio control?

thanks in advance for your kindly patience and support

BTW in picture my DJI RC PRO

2-17 09:44
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AlexCarboni Posted at 2-17 09:44
thanks again dji paladin

I shared this information on my facebook group

Hello, Alex. Thank you for your response. There is no compatibility issue between the DJI Fly app and the DJI RC Pro, it's just the DJI RC Pro does support a feature where you can update independently while the DJI RC/DJI RC 2 Fly app can only be updated along with the drone's firmware and you cannot update the DJI Fly separately at the moment, unlike the DJI RC Pro. Hope this clarifies your query. Have a nice day!
2-19 01:20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-19 01:20
Hello, Alex. Thank you for your response. There is no compatibility issue between the DJI Fly app and the DJI RC Pro, it's just the DJI RC Pro does support a feature where you can update independently while the DJI RC/DJI RC 2 Fly app can only be updated along with the drone's firmware and you cannot update the DJI Fly separately at the moment, unlike the DJI RC Pro. Hope this clarifies your query. Have a nice day!

DJI is the first company I've seen that considers installing an APK a special feature. What the RC Pro can do is considered a standard practice and has been since the very first release of Android in 2008. The RC Pro doesn't have a feature, the RC has a self imposed limitation is more accurate.
2-19 09:17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-19 09:17
DJI is the first company I've seen that considers installing an APK a special feature. What the RC Pro can do is considered a standard practice and has been since the very first release of Android in 2008. The RC Pro doesn't have a feature, the RC has a self imposed limitation is more accurate.

We appreciate your feedback, John. Rest assured that we will coordinate this concern of yours as suggestion and will forward it to our respective team for attention. Thank you for your understanding.,
2-22 02:40
Use props
AlexCarboni
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-19 01:20
Hello, Alex. Thank you for your response. There is no compatibility issue between the DJI Fly app and the DJI RC Pro, it's just the DJI RC Pro does support a feature where you can update independently while the DJI RC/DJI RC 2 Fly app can only be updated along with the drone's firmware and you cannot update the DJI Fly separately at the moment, unlike the DJI RC Pro. Hope this clarifies your query. Have a nice day!

thank you DJI Paladin for your support

Your suggestions were much appreciated in my Facebook group
( https://www.facebook.com/groups/djiitaliadroni )
we are more than 5000, many of them, like me, are Italian professional pilots  who also use RC PRO

furthermore this article will be published on https://droneitalia.online ,
the Italian drone pilots association where I write my articles

Thanks again
AlexCarboni
2-26 14:14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AlexCarboni Posted at 2-26 14:14
thank you DJI Paladin for your support

Your suggestions were much appreciated in my Facebook group

You are very much welcome, Alex. We really appreciate your valued support. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Wish you have a wonderful day ahead!
3-1 02:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules