1127 7 2-3 20:20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm looking at upgrading from the iPhone 13 to iPhone 15.  Since I now HAVE to use my iPhone to fly the FPV, will the same connection work to pick up the GPS?  I  have enough usbc-usbc cables.  I can wait on the phone update if it will ground my quad.  I know of a work around for my M2P, and that my original Mini is toast until DJI (months later) fixes this.

So, anyone out there with an FPV and an iPhone 15 able to ease my fears?
2-3 20:20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2-5 02:26
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ya, I know os levels are (on iOS) a better indicator of compatibility.  But, the iPhone 15 stopped using their proprietary lightning connector in favor of the universal usb-c.  However, I have heard that the usb-c to usb-c connection for the Mavic series doesn't work.  So, with the new RFID requirements, before I upgrade, I'd like be sure I will still be able to plug the iPhone 15 into the goggles to provide GPS for the RFID.  

How soon can we expect DJI to certify the iPhone 15?  It's been a few months now.
2-5 07:24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Porktree Posted at 2-5 07:24
Ya, I know os levels are (on iOS) a better indicator of compatibility.  But, the iPhone 15 stopped using their proprietary lightning connector in favor of the universal usb-c.  However, I have heard that the usb-c to usb-c connection for the Mavic series doesn't work.  So, with the new RFID requirements, before I upgrade, I'd like be sure I will still be able to plug the iPhone 15 into the goggles to provide GPS for the RFID.  

How soon can we expect DJI to certify the iPhone 15?  It's been a few months now.

Thank you for an additional query. Currently, there's no information about the compatibility between the iPhone 15 and our applications. Rest assured that we're constantly forwarding relevant feedback regarding this device. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates.
2-6 02:42
Use props
djiuser_pBsgdMQN2yYV
New

United States

Just purchased a DJI mini 2 se assuming the iPhone 15 would be compatible just to read it’s not. The order is being shipped, has the compatibility issue been resolved or will I have to return my drone due to being incompatible?
3-12 17:26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_pBsgdMQN2yYV Posted at 3-12 17:26
Just purchased a DJI mini 2 se assuming the iPhone 15 would be compatible just to read it’s not. The order is being shipped, has the compatibility issue been resolved or will I have to return my drone due to being incompatible?

Hi. There is no announcement at the moment. You can try using an adapter (female lightning to male USB-C) to connect your iPhone 15 to your remote as some users can successfully connect it using an adapter. We are continuously submitting customer feedback to the relevant team regarding this matter for evaluation. We appreciate your patience.
3-12 21:15
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Any updates on this? Any iPhone 15 users connecting and using the GPS on their FPV?
4-16 07:01
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

I don't have a way to test this as I'm not in US, but why wouldn't it work? MFi devices are still MFi devices and operate in the same way, port used shouldn't matter and any USB-C data cable should work. Maybe people who reported it isn't working used charge-only USB-C cables?
4-16 09:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules