762 11 2-12 02:19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm looking at upgrading form the Mic 1 system to the Mic 2 system. The Mic 1 system when using with iPhone, the iPhone would only record in mono if using the lightning adapter that was included with the mic system. Can anyone answer if it is the same way with the Mic 2 system? Or would I still need to use multiple adapters to get the iPhone to record in stereo?
2-12 02:19
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Czechia

No adapter is needed other than the one in the box. Actually there is a limit from Apple side, their native photo application is really limited to mono. In order to fully utilise stereo you have to use 3rd party app like BlackMagic or other. Btw don’t forget to change settings in those app and switch from internal mic to external.
2-12 22:55
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that the DJI Mic 2 and iPhone devices support stereo mode. I hope this confirms your query.
2-14 01:39
Use props
AlisaJ21
lvl.2

India

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-14 01:39
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that the DJI Mic 2 and iPhone devices support stereo mode. I hope this confirms your query.

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this enabled mono audio on your iPhone.Here's how to it:-
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Scroll down and tap on Accessibility.
3. Tap on Audio/Visual.
4. Under the Hearing section, toggle the switch for Mono Audio to on.
More details instruction below.
3-4 23:40
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AlisaJ21 Posted at 3-4 23:40
I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this enabled mono audio on your iPhone.Here's how to it:-
2. Scroll down and tap on Accessibility.

Hi, AlisaJ21. Thank you for sharing your resolution. Hopefully, it will help other users too. Have a good day!
3-6 07:53
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AlisaJ21 Posted at 3-4 23:40
I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this enabled mono audio on your iPhone.Here's how to it:-
2. Scroll down and tap on Accessibility.

Hi and thank you for trying to answer my question. Unfortunately I wasn't looking for how to record in mono mode. With the DJI mic 1, it was only able to do mono when connected to an iphone out of the box. So I was looking for if the DJI Mic 2 would allow for recording stereo out of the box without any kind of additional adapters.
3-6 15:41
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JodyB Posted at 3-6 15:41
Hi and thank you for trying to answer my question. Unfortunately I wasn't looking for how to record in mono mode. With the DJI mic 1, it was only able to do mono when connected to an iphone out of the box. So I was looking for if the DJI Mic 2 would allow for recording stereo out of the box without any kind of additional adapters.

I'm curious, how are you planning on recording stereo with a mono microphone?
Or do you want to use 2 mics and have 1 on the left channel and one on the right?
3-7 05:37
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-7 05:37
I'm curious, how are you planning on recording stereo with a mono microphone?
Or do you want to use 2 mics and have 1 on the left channel and one on the right?

Yes, on DJI mic 1 if you used both mics straight out of the box with and iPhone and no other adapters, it would combine both channels into a mono recording. I’m wondering if it’s the same with DJI mic 2. If you looked at the receiver lightning connector it has 4 pins compared to the usb c connector with 8.
3-7 06:26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JodyB Posted at 3-7 06:26
Yes, on DJI mic 1 if you used both mics straight out of the box with and iPhone and no other adapters, it would combine both channels into a mono recording. I’m wondering if it’s the same with DJI mic 2. If you looked at the receiver lightning connector it has 4 pins compared to the usb c connector with 8.

Yeah, I don't have the Mic 2 yet, so I can't look, but I'm saving for one, so I would like to know this.

3-7 06:47
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 3-7 06:26
Yes, on DJI mic 1 if you used both mics straight out of the box with and iPhone and no other adapters, it would combine both channels into a mono recording. I’m wondering if it’s the same with DJI mic 2. If you looked at the receiver lightning connector it has 4 pins compared to the usb c connector with 8.

There are now 8 points on the lightning adaptor on mic 2 if that helps…
3-7 11:57
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 3-7 11:57
There are now 8 points on the lightning adaptor on mic 2 if that helps… [view_image]

Thank you. That should mean it has what it needs for stereo recording in the iPhone.
3-7 12:01
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 3-7 12:01
Thank you. That should mean it has what it needs for stereo recording in the iPhone.

Yup unfortunately not an iPhone user so can’t confirm 100%, at least you have your answer on the adaptor config
3-7 12:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules