3569 22 2-16 05:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AZonline
lvl.4
Flight distance : 988179 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can now have AI generate drone shots out of text. Skip to minute 6:40 and 11:00 to see the samples generated by AI.

2-16 05:26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

No hobby lasts forever.  : )
2-16 06:15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Drones are used for much more than creating videos that AI might replicate.
2-16 07:09
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-16 07:09
Drones are used for much more than creating videos that AI might replicate.

So true.  The business side of drones is not going away.  
2-16 07:15
Use props
Skyhigh16
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

That’s like saying point and shoot cameras are going to be disrupted by AI? I don’t think so. You ever let chat gpt write you a novel? It won’t be replacing Stephen King anytime soon. Don’t get me started on AI generated music. You have to be a robot to enjoy it
2-16 07:18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the point is AI is going to get better and better and it's going to get better so quickly that casual drone use won't stand a chance.  However, I do feel the complicated uses will still exist but it isn't necessary to create drone video unless you are telling a unique story....and even that will be in jeopardy unless it's a timing issue.  Using AI is like using editing sw in post and for whatever reason, too many people still don't use it.  I give us another couple of year but the impact will be felt.
2-16 08:26
Use props
Chicago SkyCam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 745712 ft
United States

For some cinematic shot ... maybe in the future they won't need to hire someone.  The same way you can get that shot from Adobe Stock.   The business of drones requires photos/videos of actual Real Estate, Events, Mapping...  I don't see that going away.
2-18 22:20
Use props
Joshiy13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 534337 ft
Germany

Dont think that AI is replacing drone shots, maybe for generic stuff yes, but for example progress shots cant be created by ai, or shots of stuff thats always changing. Still interesting though
2-19 03:15
Use props
J_D_Shelton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154163 ft
United States

Thank you…
2-21 23:53
Use props
CactusJackSlade
lvl.2
United States

Don't forget FPV flying..... unless you think you will be satisfied with an AI generated flying area. I sure won't, that is half my reason for flying is to have fun and explore. I rarely bother to make my videos public any more, it's for the fun of flying!
2-26 09:29
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
United States

I don't look, touch, click, or otherwise interact with anything that has to do with AI, let it be phones, cameras, apps, programs, videos, images, whatever. People first. Done. Yes, you CAN do it.
2-27 18:05
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52733 ft
Netherlands

I foresee an AI application where one uses a drone to make some aerial shots of an actual environment, and use AI to "fly" trough this environment rendering moving footage.
You can configure and edit shots (sometimes daring and not allowed to do in real circumstances) in the PC later.
Sort of a hybrid application.
2-28 00:18
Use props
Cris_Banchon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 174482 ft
Ecuador

Es una oportunidad para quienes cada vez  deseamos mejorar, la llegada de IA a la producción audiovisual nos hace genuinos a cada uno, por su estilo y su forma de trabajar con los equipos y poder dar un trabajo personalizado. Gracias, Saludos desde Ecuador.
2-29 09:00
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

AI will not replace drone operators, at least not for now.

Think about it - what about FPV? Or live events!
3-2 04:07
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5215364 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Opinion on AI imaging.

3-3 12:13
Use props
djiuser_mkvV5rLRHG8P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90630 ft
United States

Is there any possible way to have my fpv drone fly just the way it does in sport mode but be able to do the full 88 mph?... If there isn't a way I would like to say that I think it's pretty ridiculous that I can't go full speed with my drone that I paid so much money for the way I want to fly it...Just saying
3-3 18:36
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is crazy..
3-3 19:39
Use props
LukeB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 850 ft
Australia

Impressive when you first see it but it gets boring very quickly.
3-3 22:02
Use props
AlexBacki
lvl.1

Ukraine

thanks! nice!
3-4 07:27
Use props
Marclykke76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 589331 ft
Denmark

That is trully crazy what AI can do
3-5 11:56
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20369816 ft
United States

1 thing I can think of that Ai can not replace flying a drone. and that is the Fun Factor a person get when flying them. yes Ai can fly the drone or replaces the drone imagery and video generation. But not the fun factor.
  Ai is never going to replace the exhilaration a person gets when flying a drone through a wooded area or over a scenic vista,  Nope Ai can never replace The fun a person get when flying them . So in that point Ai fails big time , I mean what would be the point of flying drones if its was not fun.  
3-5 18:07
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I fly my drone to capture my memories mainly.
AI can't do that for me (not yet at least )
3-9 13:16
Use props
Micro SC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2099377 ft

United States

After watching that video, all I can to say is that… you CAN leverage AI to quickly get an aerial shot of some generic location, if you’re pressed for time or the location is far away or something, AI can do the job for you this creating a relatively simple “filler” shot.  Nothing too crazy.
I can more see it replacing stock footage because AI can help you obtain the shot that's closer to what you were picturing in your head anyway thus eliminating the need to search for stock footage.  However, AI will most likely fumble at the more complex organic attributes of a shot.  For example: locations meant to be recognizable (ex.: a specific mountain in Iceland or something) can’t be organically replicated by the AI model bc it doesn’t have enough source material, and will probably spit out a random generic mountain or something.  Not good if there's a specific story in mind with a specific location...

Or, if you try adding another element like real people climbing said mountain!  AI will mess that up even more… but, you never know where we’ll be in a few years ig.

Also, how the heck would AI create a drone shot of your own wedding with YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS or a graduation at YOUR SCHOOL or a live performance of some sort..?
3-11 17:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules