294 5 2-16 23:57
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Does anybody know if in D-Log mode Osmo Pocket 3 records full data range or video levels only?
2-16 23:57
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi utkin, thank you for reaching out. Due to differences in shooting settings and scenes, the actual dynamic range of footage may vary, making it impossible to provide specific dynamic ranges for Normal, D-Log M, and HLG modes.

For your information, the dynamic range is impacted by various factors. In the case of Osmo Pocket 3, the maximum attainable dynamic range is 12.7 stops.
2-17 23:15
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 2-17 23:15
Hi utkin, thank you for reaching out. Due to differences in shooting settings and scenes, the actual dynamic range of footage may vary, making it impossible to provide specific dynamic ranges for Normal, D-Log M, and HLG modes.

For your information, the dynamic range is impacted by various factors. In the case of Osmo Pocket 3, the maximum attainable dynamic range is 12.7 stops.

"Thank" you for giving totally irrelevant answer but my question was about data levels recorded in video. For 10-bit movies video range is 64–940 while full range 0–1023.

So, I asked "if in D-Log mode Osmo Pocket 3 records full data range or video levels only"

2-18 16:31
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

utkin Posted at 2-18 16:31
"Thank" you for giving totally irrelevant answer but my question was about data levels recorded in video. For 10-bit movies video range is 64–940 while full range 0–1023.

So, I asked "if in D-Log mode Osmo Pocket 3 records full data range or video levels only"

Hi,
it's D-Log M (not D-Log). It's certainly legal values but not 100% sure. In any case you can switch between both to check the render. For REC-709 the standard is Legal. You need to have a screen that can display full value.
2-18 23:07
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Xavier1984 Posted at 2-18 23:07
Hi,
it's D-Log M (not D-Log). It's certainly legal values but not 100% sure. In any case you can switch between both to check the render. For REC-709 the standard is Legal. You need to have a screen that can display full value.

Thank you, you are right I have eventually found that in the metadata "Video Full Range Flag:0".

But since D-Log M is supposed for post processing rather than direct playback it would make sense to use full data range
2-19 05:47
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

utkin Posted at 2-19 05:47
Thank you, you are right I have eventually found that in the metadata "Video Full Range Flag:0".

But since D-Log M is supposed for post processing rather than direct playback it would make sense to use full data range

Yep, but mainly you can retouch your footage as you want in any space. The important thing is to think about where the film will be viewed (on which kind of media), broadcast, TV, Internet, Cinema. Depending the choice you need to be careful of full black and full white.

2-20 01:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules