338 8 2-25 17:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparkySurvey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1770289 ft
Australia

Hi All,
We are starting to use the DJI M3 Multispectral to support our vegetation survey and monitoring work in remote locations. I am trying to simplify the workflow for field staff and standardise the products we produce. I would like to provide a 4ha 200mx200m survey block that is flown over each site as a routine capture. Is there an option in DJI Pilot to move a waypoint set to your current location? The locations of survey plots is not known in advance and making an oriented square in the controller at the right scale for each flight location is tedious.
Thank you for your time and assistance, I am sure Forestry people will have had this requirement before.
Kind regards,
Andrew
2-25 17:03
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Andrew. Thank you for reaching out. We'll forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.  
2-26 01:10
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

There is no option to do this. The closest way to proceed is to create a new route, adjust the zoom and tap the screen in the center of the area to have a square created automatically. It will be +/- 200m if the zoom level is correct.

However, perhaps I didn't understand your question well, because I don't see what's complicated about drawing a square manualy on the screen...

2-26 01:42
Use props
SparkySurvey
lvl.2
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-26 01:42
There is no option to do this. The closest way to proceed is to create a new route, adjust the zoom and tap the screen in the center of the area to have a square created automatically. It will be +/- 200m if the zoom level is correct.

However, perhaps I didn't understand your question well, because I don't see what's complicated about drawing a square manualy on the screen...

Thanks for that. I don't have a problem with marking an approximate square on the screen. The equipment will be used by field ecologists in the excluded category for commercial operators. It would be nice to have a consistent size and flight time project with appropriate settings that I know will get the data required without the "oops, I set it off to cover 200ha and now I have run out of batteries" message. Copterus has a good version of this but it's fixed at odd height, and overlap options.
2-26 13:45
Use props
SparkySurvey
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-26 01:10
Hi, Andrew. Thank you for reaching out. We'll forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.

Thank you for the quick reply. Even if you could set a default project that people could select to create that was on the drone home point. In the field, full sun on the screen and poor contrast vegetation background it's easy to create a footprint that doesn't cover what you need efficiently. Also easy to forget to check and set some of the parameters (altitude, side and forward overlaps, survey direction, camera pose etc). I know editing the KML to move it might be tricky in the OS.
2-26 13:49
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Also you could be interested by that about DJI multispectral knowledge:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-285846-1-1.html
2-26 13:59
Use props
SparkySurvey
lvl.2
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-26 13:59
Also you could be interested by that about DJI multispectral knowledge:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-285846-1-1.html

Thank you!
I will be sure to check this with the Mavic 3 Multispec to see if the bands are actually accurate and consistent with independent spectrophotometer measurements. If something seems too good to be true....
2-26 14:13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SparkySurvey Posted at 2-26 13:45
Thanks for that. I don't have a problem with marking an approximate square on the screen. The equipment will be used by field ecologists in the excluded category for commercial operators. It would be nice to have a consistent size and flight time project with appropriate settings that I know will get the data required without the "oops, I set it off to cover 200ha and now I have run out of batteries" message. Copterus has a good version of this but it's fixed at odd height, and overlap options.

You're welcome, SparkySurvey. Thanks for the additional information, we will forward this as well.
2-28 20:18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SparkySurvey Posted at 2-26 14:13
Thank you!
I will be sure to check this with the Mavic 3 Multispec to see if the bands are actually accurate and consistent with independent spectrophotometer measurements. If something seems too good to be true....

Thank you for patiently waiting, SparkySurvey. We have confirmed with our relevant team that the requirements you mentioned are not available at this time but we will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
3-5 03:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules