Mimo App disconnects As Soon As I get in car
206 4 3-7 14:05
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jojoenglish85
lvl.2
United States

Hi, just got the pocket 3 and wanted to set it up to get rolling shots of cars. App will connect fine in all cases, but as soon as I place the camera on my bumper and get inside my car, it continues to work until my car connects to Apple Car Play. Then it will no longer reconnect unless I get out of the car and it cuts the car play connection. This makes being able to control the camera from the app impossible. Has anyone encountered this before?

3-7 14:05
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, jojoenglish85. Thank you for reaching out. Just to verify, are you using the same phone with the Mimo app and Apple Car Play?
3-7 18:26
Use props
jojoenglish85
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-7 18:26
Hi, jojoenglish85. Thank you for reaching out. Just to verify, are you using the same phone with the Mimo app and Apple Car Play?

Yes, same phone. Let me explain a little further.
When i have the pocket mounted on my motorcycle and im using the mimo app at the same time, I have no problems at all. When I rig my pocket to the back window/trunk of the car and use the app, it will stop connecting after about 5 seconds. This evening, I drove away from my house and wifi signal, turned off my car, Disconnected carplay and erased the link between car and software via settings. I then connected the app with the pocket inside the car, when it was connected, i hooked the pocket to the back of the car and kept the phone inside the car. It stayed CONNECTED and didn't disconnect until I turned it off. I am wondering if its my wifi that causes interference or if it was just needing to be in a neutral area with no wifi to begin my setup process.
3-7 19:06
Use props
KlimaPic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360115 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just an idear: Check in settings of AppleCarPlay if there are any settings, where WiFi/WLAN get disabled. I have something simular to my car radio, if the car is connected via bluetooth, the WiFi/WLAN disables. But I made it myself as a routine.

Mybe Apple has this as standard.

The issue is, the Pocket 3 needs bluetooth and WiFi/WLAN.
3-7 21:46
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jojoenglish85 Posted at 3-7 19:06
Yes, same phone. Let me explain a little further.
When i have the pocket mounted on my motorcycle and im using the mimo app at the same time, I have no problems at all. When I rig my pocket to the back window/trunk of the car and use the app, it will stop connecting after about 5 seconds. This evening, I drove away from my house and wifi signal, turned off my car, Disconnected carplay and erased the link between car and software via settings. I then connected the app with the pocket inside the car, when it was connected, i hooked the pocket to the back of the car and kept the phone inside the car. It stayed CONNECTED and didn't disconnect until I turned it off. I am wondering if its my wifi that causes interference or if it was just needing to be in a neutral area with no wifi to begin my setup process.

Thank you for the update, jojoenglish85. We recommend using another mobile phone that is not connected to the Apple Car Play to check if it will stay connected to the Pocket 3. If it did then it could be that there's an interference or the Apple Car Play is disabling the connection just like KlimaPic mentioned above.
3-11 22:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules