Problems with groundstation
1573 8 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

I recently set my Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3 in Nazaa mode.
It gives me more control but more important I really like Course and Home lock.
However since I swichted to Nazaa mode there's seems to be a problem with Ground Station.
When I have GPS reception on my Phantom (green lights) and then open the GS screen, just after a few seconds the DJI app closes !
When I have no GPS reception (yellow lights) the Ground Station screen opens and stays open. But, without GPS ground station doesn't work. So there no use flying in atti mode when you want to use GS.
Before Nazaa mode, when I was in GPS mode the GS function was never a problem.
Am I doing something wrong ?

2015-9-12
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

No you are not doing anything wrong. Try a couple of things. First lower your video fps to lower level and see if the nods but also check to make sure Bluetooth is turned off and is not interfering. If that doesn't work then I would try deleting the app and downloading a fresh copy and giving that a go. Sometimes  a file can be corrupted. But before you do that go to settings and apps and make sure the app has permission to use your camera. Good luck and hope you get it. If not let us know and we'll give you a work around.
2015-9-12
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Belgium

Roy,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'll let you know if it works.
2015-9-12
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Belgium

Roy,

Tried it earlier this evening but to no avail.
I can open the GS station screen and as long as there's no full GPS lock (Lights of Phantom are flashing green/red) the GS screen stays open.
The minute the Phantom has full GPS lock ( Lights are green). The app closes. I did everything you suggested.

2015-9-12
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

You may want to delete the app. Re download it and try again. Make sure Bluetooth is turne off on your phone or tablet. Make sure in the settings you have GS enabled.
2015-9-13
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Belgium

Roy,
tried everything youi suggested. I even tried it on my iPad air which I use for my Inspire. The same isue there. GPS lock and the app closes.
Not that I've used GS a lot but it's a handy feature. Meanwhile I've been trying out ATTI,, CL and HL mode. So for now I'm oké.
Maybe wait for an update of the app to try once more ?

2015-9-14
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

Problem is with the APP version 1.0.52 - full of bugs and this is one of them
2015-9-15
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Belgium

Knowing that the Phantom 3 series gets all the attention, I think it can take a while before this get fixed (if it gets fixed at all)
2015-9-16
Use props
zachster
lvl.1

Canada

I am experiencing the exact same issue... Not the absolute end of the world because I do enjoy flying manually however on some occasions like today when I needed to take some shots for a client it was not working.. Made my life a little bit harder today.. Hopefully they fix soon.
2015-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules