DJI Wireless Mic 2 with the DJI Action 4 - You Need This!
2999 11 3-14 17:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobCass
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I did a small test on a really windy day first with the DJI Action 4 using only the onboard mics
and then the rest of the video is with the DJI Action 4 and the DJI Wireless Mic 2.
I was really impressed how much of the wind noise was removed when using the Mic 2. This audio is straight out of camera and not enhanced in post in any way.

Thanks,
Rob
3-14 17:26
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

That is quite cool! Once I choose between the Osmo Pocket 3 and Osmo Action 4 (I have a forum about that at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=309890), the Mic 2 is next!
3-23 12:25
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

By the way, when does the Mic 2 is kinda expensive compared to the other ones, so do you know if this product ever goes on sale?
3-23 12:27
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I have too OA4 and Mic2 and I have noticed they work together great like hell.

Can throw all other mic setups to river (SER).
3-23 12:48
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Enjoyed OA4 and DJM2 go hand and hand I   like the rc  on the pair and  man under the clthing works out  better then expected
3-23 15:42
Use props
djiuser_GJfrcS6paaCu
New
United States

I had the original mic set for my OA4 but I didn’t like the adapter. It falls out when riding my motorcycle. The Mic 2 is amazing! I only have one complaint and I’m hoping someone here can help. I have the gain on the camera set to -12 but with the mic inside my helmet it is still over modulating and clipping. Is there any way of reducing the gain on the mic itself? I only got a single mic since I already have a pair of the other mics and a Rode II set.

Thanks!
3-24 10:42
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

have you tried Internal recording  and use that
3-24 11:01
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
3-25 00:02
Use props
Adventures with dids
New
United Kingdom

I have just purchased the Action 4 with the single Mic 2. I cannot find the menu for changing the gain values on the transmitter. On the Action 4 i go to Pro and then click on the Mic symbol but i cannot see the gain values ?
4-15 20:56
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

yep, having a deadcat really makes a difference.   You can put a foam windslayer over the camera to reduce wind noise or use a USB external mic with a deadcat for same effect.
4-16 10:51
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Adventures with dids Posted at 4-15 20:56
I have just purchased the Action 4 with the single Mic 2. I cannot find the menu for changing the gain values on the transmitter. On the Action 4 i go to Pro and then click on the Mic symbol but i cannot see the gain values ?

You have to have the mic connected, then it's in the pro settings in the same place where the external mic settings are.
4-16 10:51
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_GJfrcS6paaCu Posted at 3-24 10:42
I had the original mic set for my OA4 but I didn’t like the adapter. It falls out when riding my motorcycle. The Mic 2 is amazing! I only have one complaint and I’m hoping someone here can help. I have the gain on the camera set to -12 but with the mic inside my helmet it is still over modulating and clipping. Is there any way of reducing the gain on the mic itself? I only got a single mic since I already have a pair of the other mics and a Rode II set.

Thanks!

turn on the noise reduction?    How can you hear in the helmet if it's that noisy?    Get the external plug in mic adapter it's made for moto vlogging with a super super low recording volume.
The mic 2 is fine don't give them ideas so it sounds like crap in normal conditions.

How exactly does the mic adapter fall out?  it clips on in place of the door and is super solid.

4-16 10:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules