Key Essentials for Drone Flight Safety (Australia)
12Next >
1202 49 3-22 04:37
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Australia, with its breathtaking coastlines and vast outback, presents abundant opportunities for aerial photographers. This guideline provides you with essential local regulations and flight details to help ensure safety while enjoying aerial photography

1. You do not need to register or apply for a license when flying small drones for leisure and recreation. You must still adhere to regulations governing flight distance, duration, and specific rules set by state legislatures or national parks. Otherwise, you may face a fine of at least USD 1,565.

2. DJI Mini series drones belong to the "micro" category, whereas the following DJI drones belong to the "very small" category:
· DJI Air series
· DJI Mavic series
· DJI FPV* (without goggles)
· DJI Avata* (without goggles)
* If you wish to use the goggles, go to an association approved to fly FPV or scan the QR code in the image to apply for CASA approval for FPV flight.

3. You should only fly during the day and avoid flying through cloud or fog. You must not fly your drone higher than 120 m above ground level. Always keep your drone within your field of vision. Do not rely on visual aids only.

Click on the image for more details~
Australia 00.png
Australia 01.png
3-22 04:37
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Hi Mindy

Sales of DJI drones are down here in Australia, but it is your fault...

Here in Australia, we have no problem with the Flight Safety aspect of owning a drone...

But you forgot to mention in your advertisement above the most important aspect of owning a drone and a DJI controller...

Because Australia has no NETWORK COVERAGE in almost 80% of the continent, it makes your DJI drones useless, as you can only fly them when the network is available, for the Fly safe app to work...

After more than 18 months waiting for a resolution to this major issues for your customers, you are still failing to advertise either here, on the box or in your website, that after a random period of time, if you are in an area with no network coverage using a DJI drone controlled by either the RC, RC2 or the RC Pro, you are limited to 50 metre flight!

As you can see Mindy, Australia majority of "breathtaking coastlines and vast outback" are not an opportunity as it stand for customers using those DJI controller, unless they are willing to purchase expensive contracts for satellite phones... You need to fix the issue first, then perhaps Australian customers will come back to your products...

You should tell the truth to your customers, if you really care to be taken seriously...
3-25 15:21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Burt37 Posted at 3-25 15:21
Hi Mindy

Sales of DJI drones are down here in Australia, but it is your fault...

Hi there, there's no need to connect to the network for flying. If the aircraft is restricted in height and distance, please check whether the following conditions exist:
1. Check if the App version is the latest; if not, please upgrade the App to the latest version and try it later;
2. Check if the aircraft is flying in a restricted flight zone, if yes, there will be flight restrictions correspondingly, please follow the location law and fly with caution;
3. Check if in the flight tutorial, the flight altitude is limited to 30 meters, and the flight distance is limited to 50 meters;
4. Check if the aircraft was taking off in an environment with poor GPS signals (where the number of satellites searched does not reach the minimum requirement for the aircraft to hover), the flight altitude will be restricted.
5. Check if the flight height and distance are set in the flight settings in App, suggest to adjust it based on the user's needs;
6. For certain products (Mavic Mini/DJI Mini 2/DJI Mini 2 SE) with the 360° Propeller Guard and automatically enter the load mode after meeting the conditions or manually turn on the Payload mode mode, there will be height and distance limitation. [Specific limit range: 50 meters away from the home point, 30 meters high above he home point] If the Propeller Guard is installed, the aircraft flied out of the range of 30m and 50m before the playload load is detected, and then there is no restriction when fly back home.
7. Check whether has logged in to the DJI account.
8. Check whether Flight Protection is set on the Safety settings page of the app.
3-26 01:20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-26 01:20
Hi there, there's no need to connect to the network for flying. If the aircraft is restricted in height and distance, please check whether the following conditions exist:
1. Check if the App version is the latest; if not, please upgrade the App to the latest version and try it later;
2. Check if the aircraft is flying in a restricted flight zone, if yes, there will be flight restrictions correspondingly, please follow the location law and fly with caution;

I don't know if you are serious or simply trying to be funny...

"Hi there, there's no need to connect to the network for flying. If the aircraft is restricted in height and distance, please check whether the following conditions exist:"

7. Check whether has logged in to the DJI account.

Do you think I could use smoke signal with a blanket instead, when there is NO NETWORK COVERAGE to log in again after you have logged me out?
3-26 10:45
Use props
GrantleyB
lvl.2

Australia

As a very new owner of a DJI drone I am interested that there is an opinion expressed that the Mini 3 pro will only fly with the stated distance and height restrictions without network coverage.
I must admit that this sounds unrealistic as there is a massive amount of this planet where there is no network coverage, and this country (Oz) has its fair share.

I would appreciate if someone with hands on experience in flying in a no network area could provide me with some clarification. As I can't get to a remote, no network, area for some time I would appreciate the input. Simply put, if the drone has the stated restrictions in no network areas then my nice new drone is not fit for purpose. Big Problem!
Many Thanks
3-27 00:09
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Burt37 Posted at 3-26 10:45
I don't know if you are serious or simply trying to be funny...

"Hi there, there's no need to connect to the network for flying. If the aircraft is restricted in height and distance, please check whether the following conditions exist:"

We are sorry for any confusion caused. You can log in to the account before you go to the place where there is no network coverage to fly the drone.
3-27 00:37
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-27 00:37
We are sorry for any confusion caused. You can log in to the account before you go to the place where there is no network coverage to fly the drone.

Come on Mindy... We have been playing this game before...

First at all it is not "You can" but it is "You must log into the account before you go..."

What happens if the person does live in an area with no network coverage, or he/she stays in the area with no network for longer than a few weeks... No everyone live in a big city or have a one day holiday/trip, especially when it can take a week or two just to get to the "breathtaking coastline and VAST OUTBACK"

You don't fool anyone any more here... Your products according to the Australian consumer laws are "Not fit for the intended purpose" (that is the RC and the RC Pro controllers). According to a few people here, the RC N1 radio with a tablet, is the only one radio that doesn't force you to log in randomly, but I haven't tried this combination, so I don't know about the RC N1... Then again why would I??? I bought the RC Pro and I would like to be able to use it in the outback, but I can't! You need my radio to be logged all the times!!!

The truth is, If you have the RC or the RC Pro controllers, you are up to sh1t creek in the vast outback!

3-27 01:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 3-27 01:47
Come on Mindy... We have been playing this game before...

First at all it is not "You can" but it is "You must log into the account before you go..."

Burt My RC controller and Mini 3 Pro have not been on a network for 27 days and Ive not been prompted to login.  
3-27 02:39
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-27 02:39
Burt My RC controller and Mini 3 Pro have not been on a network for 27 days and Ive not been prompted to login.

Yes mate, we have been through this before... It is a random logout not specific to a fix number of days, at least not according to my experience...

And more importantly, not really relevant to the conversation. No one is arguing the number of days. It is the forced logout that doesn't work well if you have no network coverage to log in again and continue to fly your drone...
3-27 02:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 3-27 02:48
Yes mate, we have been through this before... It is a random logout not specific to a fix number of days, at least not according to my experience...

And more importantly, not really relevant to the conversation. No one is arguing the number of days. It is the forced logout that doesn't work well if you have no network coverage to log in again and continue to fly your drone...

Im not sure you follow,  I fly every day and I have never been logged out by force.
3-27 03:36
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-27 03:36
Im not sure you follow,  I fly every day and I have never been logged out by force.

Are you flying every day in an area with no network coverage?

If your answer is no, then your statement has no bearing with my posts...

3-27 13:50
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GrantleyB Posted at 3-27 00:09
As a very new owner of a DJI drone I am interested that there is an opinion expressed that the Mini 3 pro will only fly with the stated distance and height restrictions without network coverage.
I must admit that this sounds unrealistic as there is a massive amount of this planet where there is no network coverage, and this country (Oz) has its fair share.

The DJI Fly app account may automatically log out under the following circumstances:
1. In DJI Fly 1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires.
Note: Within 7 days of expiration, the APP will remind once a day if the conditions are met; Condition: During the 90-day period, the APP is not connected to the Internet
Note:Your login will expire in %@ days. Login again required after expiration. Flight altitude and distance limits may apply if not logged in. Connect to network and update account info in time to keep using app.
2. If the device is connected to an abnormal network, such as an open Wi-Fi, it needs to redirect to the login page, (the issue can be reproduced: using Fly-Guest Wi-Fi in DJI Sky City), an expiration of the login will be triggered, and it is required to reconnect to a normal network to log in again.
3. When one device logs out of the account, the other devices logged in with the same account will automatically log out by default if multiple devices are logged in simultaneously. This is a common scenario; for instance, if a user's phone and a remote controller with a built-in screen are both logged in, and the phone logs out, the remote controller will automatically log out when it is connected to the internet.
You can refer to the circumstances above to avoid automatically log out.
3-28 01:14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Burt37 Posted at 3-27 01:47
Come on Mindy... We have been playing this game before...

The DJI Fly app account may automatically log out under the following circumstances, you can refer to the circumstances below to avoid automatically log out.:
1. In DJI Fly 1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires.
Note: Within 7 days of expiration, the APP will remind once a day if the conditions are met; Condition: During the 90-day period, the APP is not connected to the Internet
Note:Your login will expire in %@ days. Login again required after expiration. Flight altitude and distance limits may apply if not logged in. Connect to network and update account info in time to keep using app.
2. If the device is connected to an abnormal network, such as an open Wi-Fi, it needs to redirect to the login page, (the issue can be reproduced: using Fly-Guest Wi-Fi in DJI Sky City), an expiration of the login will be triggered, and it is required to reconnect to a normal network to log in again.
3. When one device logs out of the account, the other devices logged in with the same account will automatically log out by default if multiple devices are logged in simultaneously. This is a common scenario; for instance, if a user's phone and a remote controller with a built-in screen are both logged in, and the phone logs out, the remote controller will automatically log out when it is connected to the internet.
3-28 01:16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-28 01:16
The DJI Fly app account may automatically log out under the following circumstances, you can refer to the circumstances below to avoid automatically log out.:

Hi MIndy...

Look... I can do this as well as you do... It is not very hard to copy and paste...

"What happens if the person does live in an area with no network coverage, or he/she stays in the area with no network for longer than a few weeks... No everyone live in a big city or have a one day holiday/trip, especially when it can take a week or two just to get to the "breathtaking coastline and VAST OUTBACK""

But it would be great if you did actually answer the question above or the one below... They are both asking the same thing...

So, what does happen if a person does buy your drone and he/she lives in an area with no network coverage? Can he/she still use the drone with the RC or the RC Pro?

I know that you have already answer this above, but I would like you to be able to say:

"Yes, you need network coverage to use a DJI product" and then put it on the box, on the website and everywhere else you can think of...

In this way, people like my brother and other customers could have save themself a bit of money, by avoiding uneccesary purchases of product that cannot work without network!

Thank you for your understanding...

3-28 01:28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Burt37 Posted at 3-28 01:28
Hi MIndy...

Look... I can do this as well as you do... It is not very hard to copy and paste...

If you are in an area without network coverage or stay in that area for more than 90 days, the app account will automatically log out. At this time, you can still fly the drone with the RC or RC Pro, but the drone will be limited in height and distance.
3-28 02:03
Use props
GrantleyB
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-28 02:03
If you are in an area without network coverage or stay in that area for more than 90 days, the app account will automatically log out. At this time, you can still fly the drone with the RC or RC Pro, but the drone will be limited in height and distance.

Mindy, that phrase is exactly the scenario I am often in. I did not buy a drone clearly marked to be able to fly to our 120 metre height limit over thousands of metres to find out after I buy it that this is definitely not the case if I don't meet certain undisclosed conditions.
FYI - I (and many others) regularly spend periods well over 90 days in the bush (outback) and often there is no network coverage for about 60klms. Even then the network is sloooow and unreliable which makes this drone unable to perform as advertised.
Clearly I have not upgraded to a better drone as my old one could do what was advertised. This one obviously can not.
I am not impressed!
3-28 02:46
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 3-27 13:50
Are you flying every day in an area with no network coverage?

If your answer is no, then your statement has no bearing with my posts...

I use the RC controller so it has no coverage unless I turn on wifi and a hotspot which I dont do.
3-28 05:26
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-28 02:03

Thanks, Mindy, but I already knew that!

Unfortunately, we learn it too late, after the purchase.

Why don't you advertise that on the box and see how many drones you sell!!

And don't be afraid to also specify the height and distance of your forced limitation

Like I said in the beginning:

"Australia majority of breathtaking coastlines and vast outback are not an opportunity as it stand for customers using those DJI controller, unless they are willing to purchase expensive contracts for satellite phones"

3-28 14:39
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

GrantleyB Posted at 3-28 02:46
Mindy, that phrase is exactly the scenario I am often in. I did not buy a drone clearly marked to be able to fly to our 120 metre height limit over thousands of metres to find out after I buy it that this is definitely not the case if I don't meet certain undisclosed conditions.
FYI - I (and many others) regularly spend periods well over 90 days in the bush (outback) and often there is no network coverage for about 60klms. Even then the network is sloooow and unreliable which makes this drone unable to perform as advertised.
Clearly I have not upgraded to a better drone as my old one could do what was advertised. This one obviously can not.

Myself and a few other customers here have been complaining about this for more than a year...

If they put in on the box and the website, then people that live in those areas can make an inform decision!

It is like paying top dollars to fly an aeroplane by cables, like we used to do in the 70'

It is simply not fair to take advantage of customers lack of knowledge to profit like this!

3-28 14:51
Use props
GrantleyB
lvl.2

Australia

Burt37 Posted at 3-28 14:51
Myself and a few other customers here have been complaining about this for more than a year...

If they put in on the box and the website, then people that live in those areas can make an inform decision!

Burt - I have to totally agree with you.
As I now understand it, this limitation is only on the RC controller and not on the rc-n1 unit. If this is correct it makes absolutely no sense at all. It means that I paid a premium price only to get an inferior version of the drone due to the limited use.

The built in screen on the controller is what decided me to buy the mini 3 pro fly more kit with the rc controller. If I have known of this severe limitation to my use of the unit I would have either kept my old drone or bought something else. If I had only known.

Well, 3 more weeks and I will find out for sure when I am setup 65klms from civilisation and 47klms from nearest air stip (Flying Doctor emergency strip only). I'm unhappy now but I fear that 3 months from now I am going to be ropeable. 30 metre height limit I suspect means RTH will be a problem. 50 metre limit means I don't get to take any worthwhle videos, except for my campsite. Wonderful -- Just Wonderful.

3-29 14:54
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

GrantleyB Posted at 3-29 14:54
As I now understand it, this limitation is only on the RC controller and not on the rc-n1 unit. If this is correct it makes absolutely no sense at all. It means that I paid a premium price only to get an inferior version of the drone due to the limited use.

Hi there Grantley

There are sever threads on this topic in the forum if you search...

Bottom line is DJI is using the lame excuse of having to update the Fly Safe part of the controller and this "forced Logout" was the best answer to their problem that they could come up with... It does affect all DJI controller with the screen built in...

Labroides, another member here, has confirmed that the RC N1 does not have this behaviour. So we can still fly in remote areas with that controller and a tablet (Wi-Fi only)...

My brother bought the Mavic 3 with the RC Pro controller and at first it used to log out every three months... He lives up north and they only have generators, UHF radios and satellite phone only available at the owner of the farm house, that is about 350km away from where they are based...

Then somehow all at once, DJI decided to drop the forced logout from 3 months down to one month... (Mindy mentioned 90 days, but she's wrong. It was changed to 30 days sometime last year)

That's when my brother got sick and tired of having to fly the heli to the owner's house just to reconnect the dJI drone, and told DJI where to stick their drone and bought himself a new Autel Evo, that turned out to be perfect for his requirement at the farm...

My point since the beginning is that I believe DJI should be honest about this network requirement because there are still several places on this planet where a network is simply not an option!

Then you have other members here questioning why DJI feel the need to force you to login, and that perhaps, that's the reason for DJI being banned in some countries, but that was never the issue for us...

All we wanted was DJI to clearly show on their product boxes, their website and anywhere they think it would help the customers, that a network is an essential requirement for most of their products!

In this way, people like my brother wouldn't be $4000+ dollars out of pocket for a drone that can't fly because he doesn't live in an area covered by network!

The majority of people here live in big city or coastal areas and will never experience or understand the frustration of buying a product, just to find out that it won't work without internet access... The whole society is going in that direction. But there are still lots of places where a network is not an option around the world... DJI simply decided to ignore this reality! It is not their fault, but it is definitely their choice on how to handle that!

It just boils down to try to be honest with your customers. Simple as that...
3-29 17:10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GrantleyB Posted at 3-28 02:46
Clearly I have not upgraded to a better drone as my old one could do what was advertised. This one obviously can not.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.
3-30 01:18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Burt37 Posted at 3-28 14:39
Thanks, Mindy, but I already knew that!

Unfortunately, we learn it too late, after the purchase.

We are sorry to hear about this. We will forward your feedback and suggestions to the corresponding team. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.
3-30 01:20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-30 01:20
We are sorry to hear about this. We will forward your feedback and suggestions to the corresponding team.  In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.

You have no idea of how sorry we are to read these reply in the forum over and over again...

The first time we had this conversation, 18 months ago I got this one:

"Hi, there. We completely understand how you feel. We apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We will forward your feedback to our relevant team for review. Rest assured that we will continue to deliver better service in the future. Thank you for your understanding and support."

They don't mean anything to the majority of people here... Nothing ever get changed and when it does, it is never to help or based on customer's suggestion...

Buyer Beware!

3-30 15:29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Burt37 Posted at 3-30 15:29
You have no idea of how sorry we are to read these reply in the forum over and over again...

The first time we had this conversation, 18 months ago I got this one:

We understand your concerns and needs very well, and we also hope that your requirements can be realized. But currently, we can only continue to forward your opinions and requirements to the corresponding team. Thank you for your understanding.
3-31 02:01
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-31 02:01
We understand your concerns and needs very well, and we also hope that your requirements can be realized. But currently, we can only continue to forward your opinions and requirements to the corresponding team. Thank you for your understanding.

Why?

They are not opinions, but facts.

Wake up Mindy...

You are wasting your time. There is no team. There is no understanding.

Just a very greedy company...
4-1 13:11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-3 07:40
A serious question:  You post here almost daily.  Connecting to the forum requires a network connection.  Why can you connect to a network to post, but complain your drone can't connect?  Please explain?

Does that bother you?

Read the thread and when you will ask me a serious, intelligent, logical question, I will answer it...
4-3 13:08
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-3 15:57
Bothered?  No.  I find your "major issue" rather humorous.

I have read the thread, Toot.  I read tearful, long-winded, diatribes about being unable to fly your drone because you have no network access to log in.  Yet inexplicably, somehow you manage to connect to a network every day to bless us with your blatherings.  

You find it humorous because you are stupid!

You have read the entire thread and yet you asked a very stupid question...

Try to read it again, especially this one, you dimwit!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 838&pid=3278866

It had nothing to do with me, you drongo!

You know about Australia as much as you know about women...

Then again, I'm not really surprised, considering your voting preferences...

4-3 18:05
Use props
GrantleyB
lvl.2

Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-3 17:05

Hi Dirty Bird
Just for your information I have nothing whatsoever to do with Burt or his ongoing complaint.  To be clear I am a member of several forums here in Oz & am sick and tired of pathetic members with alter egos and self centred gits who must abuse others and create scenes if they don't like what they read. Normally I no longer join forums as this petty behaviour just gives me the sh--s. I had seen no evidence of this behaviour on this forum - until now. Yes, Burt does seem over the top - but he may be justified (or not).
Just to set the record straight.
You are correct in that the majority of us live on the coastal strip. In fact, our telcos say they cover about 97% of the population and that seems correct. However, they actually only cover about 60% of the land mass. You can head to Telstra.com.au/coverage for an idea if you are sufficiently interested to have a look to see what I mean.
Although we nearly all live in urban areas it is very common for us to hit the track and head into our beautiful outback. Going by what the local RV industry is claiming we have one of the highest ownership rates of Rv's in the world - so it must be a big thing if their claims are correct.

The aussie terms "nomad", "grey nomad", "walkabout" and "the block" are all well used terms by most of us. Just local slang. Don't understand why they would be legendary. If you wish to look at our life style and understand it you may wish to look in on "caravaners forum" (yes spelling sucks) and Exploreoz. These are just a couple.

For my part-
I was the owner of a Hubsan 501S and decided I wanted better videos , which translated to a better drone. Before deciding what to purchase I searched the net for anything and all things dji mini 3 / pro and found nothing adverse. I also asked my drone owning friends, most of who own DJI's. All of them owned older units with the rcn1 controllers so this issue did not come up.  I even watched the many very useful you tube videos by Jeven Dovey and others. As a result I shelled out $1300 and bought the kit with the RC to use on my travels.
Once I purchased the drone I joined this forum to learn about my new toy and to be able to ask questions of other users.  Only then did I find out about this restriction which Burt has a major issue with. In light of his claims (verified by Mindi) I believe I also will have issues with this restriction. Time will tell. As I said I am heading off in a week or two. If you are sufficiently interested in my input (please let me know) I will post back on my experiences on my return. If not I will just keep to myself.
Finally, your petty comment about ministering to the natives is insulting to them, to me and yourself. No matter how much Burt annoys you that is not justified!
Cheers

4-3 18:08
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-3 18:30
Oh my what a clever comeback.  I asked you a simple question that you were unable to answer.  You post every damned day but you can't get your drone logged onto the internet.  Your brother & your alter-ego appear to be two of the handful effected by this "major issue"..  No one cares, Toot.   You are an obnoxious drama queen.  I have lots of popcorn.  Entertain me...

simpleton.jpg

https://www.gotoquiz.com/are_you_a_simpleton

4-3 20:17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Burt37 Posted at 4-1 13:11
Why?

They are not opinions, but facts.

We are sorry for any inconvenience. As we explained before, in DJI Fly 1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires.
Note: Within 7 days of expiration, the APP will remind once a day if the conditions are met; Condition: During the 90-day period, the APP is not connected to the Internet. If you have any inquiries about this, you can tell us the issue you encountered. And we will help troubleshooting. As for your suggestions above, we've forwarded to the corresponding team. Thanks for your understanding.
4-3 22:38
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-3 22:38
We are sorry for any inconvenience. As we explained before, in DJI Fly 1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires.
Note: Within 7 days of expiration, the APP will remind once a day if the conditions are met; Condition: During the 90-day period, the APP is not connected to the Internet. If you have any inquiries about this, you can tell us the issue you encountered. And we will help troubleshooting. As for your suggestions above, we've forwarded to the corresponding team. Thanks for your understanding.

Mindy, I'm well aware of how the radio works...

But in the last 18 months your team was unable to advertise this "requirement" either on the box or on the Website...

And that's a fact.

It is not an inconvenience. It is just wrong!

Are you also sure, that it has moved back to 90 days? Last time we check and according to DJI Tony (or maybe it was DJI Thor), it was set to 30 days...
4-3 23:46
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Burt37 Posted at 4-3 23:46
Mindy, I'm well aware of how the radio works...

But in the last 18 months your team was unable to advertise this "requirement" either on the box or on the Website...

Yes, we've confirmed with our engineer that in DJI Fly 1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires. As for the previous communication you mentioned, could you please provide us with the link to that post? We will correct it.
4-4 23:52
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-4 23:52
Yes, we've confirmed with our engineer that in DJI Fly 1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires. As for the previous communication you mentioned, could you please provide us with the link to that post? We will correct it.

Hi Mindy...

It was not mentioned in just one post... It was around 18 months ago... I'll check my log and see what I can find...

I just don't understand why DJI never mention this in the firmware changelog... It was my suggestion to at least returned the forced logout to three months...
4-5 02:59
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-4 23:52

Ok I found this one in this thread By Paladin

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=293626

this post:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =293626&pid=3096641

My suggestion to put it back to three months

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =293626&pid=3102662

Another post here by Paladin:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =293626&pid=3099312

and another one

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =292133&pid=3062194

another one

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =292133&pid=3064200

This thread has quite a few by Tony

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281431

Those are just on the first page

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =281431&pid=3024498

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =281431&pid=3025023

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =281431&pid=3026645

There are more if you keep searching... I believe it was changed sometime in September 2022 and has been discussed since then...

I still don't understand why DJI did not mention this change in the DJI Fly changelog for both occasions...
4-5 03:24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Burt37 Posted at 4-5 03:24
Ok I found this one in this thread By Paladin

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=293626

Thanks for the links, it seems that they are old posts. As we explained above, this change is in DJI Fly 1.12.4(which was launched on Sept., 21st, 2023) and later versions. As for the DJI Fly changelog, we will forward your suggestion to the corresponding team.
4-5 04:46
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-5 04:46
Thanks for the links, it seems that they are old posts. As we explained above, this change is in DJI Fly 1.12.4(which was launched on Sept., 21st, 2023) and later versions. As for the DJI Fly changelog, we will forward your suggestion to the corresponding team.

That's correct Mindy

As mentioned before, people started to complain when the forced logout went from three months down to one back in 2022

DJI didn't tell anyone that they changed it again back to 90 days in the changelog of 1.12.4

How do you expect customers to know your firmware changes if you don't say anything???

That's why people have also stop trusting your firmware updates... You add, remove and change things on our product, like it was still yours... Once you sold it to me (the customer) I'm in charge of its fate and if I don't like a change in the firmware, I should have the choice.... A choice that you have removed from us, because of your lack of transparency

Still, if it is true, and even if the forced logout has been moved back again from 30 days to 90 days, DJI shall have it mentioned on the retail box and on the website for fairness and awareness of your potential new customers!
4-5 14:19
Use props
GrantleyB
lvl.2

Australia

Burt37 Posted at 4-5 14:19
That's correct Mindy

As mentioned before, people started to complain when the forced logout went from three months down to one back in 2022

Wished I'd seen these posts before I bought the damn thing.
Burt37 -tried to PM you but couldn't get it working. In any event may I suggest following my path to the ACCC (option 3). That may have an impact (or nor). Gave them the link to this topic so they may see for themselves.
Cheers
4-5 16:34
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

GrantleyB Posted at 4-5 16:34
Wished I'd seen these posts before I bought the damn thing.
Burt37 -tried to PM you but couldn't get it working. In any event may I suggest following my path to the ACCC (option 3). That may have an impact (or nor). Gave them the link to this topic so they may see for themselves.
Cheers

Hi Grantley

It was my brother that had this issue. He ended up giving the Mavic 3 and the RC Pro to me and bought himself a new Autel EVO II Pro 6k and never looked back...

If I didn't buy the kit from him, and give him the chance to get the new Autel, he would have probably got a refund as in Australia we have the consumer law "not fit for the intended purpose" that does protect us.

If DJI had this "little requirement" written on the box or advertised anywhere on their website, it would have never going to be an issue...

I don't live in the bush, so it is not an issue for me. I don't even use the Mavic 3 as I since bought a Mini 3 Pro that does cover my needs just fine...

If it is true, I'm glad that DJI took my advice and put the forced logout back to 90 days as it used to be...

Now, they just need to tell their customers about it and if possible, it would be nice, before they make a purchase in countries like ours and all other places/areas on the planet where Network coverage is still non existent...
4-5 17:35
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Burt37 Posted at 4-5 14:19
That's correct Mindy

As mentioned before, people started to complain when the forced logout went from three months down to one back in 2022

We are sorry for any confusion or inconvenience caused. We will forward your feedback and suggestions to the corresponding team for evaluation.
4-6 02:26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules