219 5 3-23 00:07
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

I emailed support@dji.com regarding the faulty RC Plus antennas antennas how there is a systemic problem with them breaking. Please see their response in the screenshot attached. Apparently I'm the only one so far who has filed an official complaint on this. The message back on this is basically saying "unless we hear more complaints from others, they're not going to do anything to fix it".

If you've experienced issues with your RC Plus antennas breaking, as I'm sure a lot of you have from the reports I've seen, please send an email to support@dji.com. If we can get enough people to report this issue, then maybe they'll do something to fix it and providea more quality antenna. Thank you

. Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 1.59.16 AM.jpg
3-23 00:07
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. We have also received this feedback and replied via Facebook. We will follow with our relevant team. Thanks.
3-23 03:16
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Yes I concur, the RC Plus antenna setup is another example of failed enginnering especially considering how well put together the RC pro is for the mavic 3.  For example, the right side antennae is nice and sturdy while the left side flops over to the side when I point it upward even after attempts to tighten it.  My second RC Plus controller is better off but the manufacturing of these are inconsistent from one controller to the next.  They need to make the touch screen more responsive for autofocus and include a firmware that allows the pilot to begin in slow cinema mode first, normal mode second, sports mode third on the RC Plus as well
3-28 10:53
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Josephsmith Posted at 3-28 10:53
Yes I concur, the RC Plus antenna setup is another example of failed enginnering especially considering how well put together the RC pro is for the mavic 3.  For example, the right side antennae is nice and sturdy while the left side flops over to the side when I point it upward even after attempts to tighten it.  My second RC Plus controller is better off but the manufacturing of these are inconsistent from one controller to the next.  They need to make the touch screen more responsive for autofocus and include a firmware that allows the pilot to begin in slow cinema mode first, normal mode second, sports mode third on the RC Plus as well

As far as the responsiveness of the touch screen goes, remove the clear screen protector that DJI included on the screen out of the box. I didn't realize this was on there for the longest time. The touch screen response works so much better without it. That screen isn't going to scratch very easily. It's probably more resilient than the iPad and I never scratched it.
3-28 11:13
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I think I figured out what's causing a lot of the antenna failures. See video
3-30 14:56
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ScooterC5 Posted at 3-30 14:56
I think I figured out what's causing a lot of the antenna failures. See video

Which video? DJI forum doesn't allow video links unfortunately.  Please tell us where to search and what to search
4-2 10:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules