Is the original DJI Phantom still supported?
358 13 3-23 09:48
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I would like to know if the original DJI Phantom (2013) is still being supported by DJI. Here is the full story: I suddenly remembered about my old DJI Phantom, and I wanted to fly it and see if it is still working, and it was perfect, until I decided to test the top speed, and before I even finished accelerating, I have no clue what happened. The drone fell to the ground, and one of the non-folding legs snapped and a propeller fell off. The most likely explanation is that I flew over some piece of long grass, and it went into the propellers causing the drone to get off balance. This is very possible, because I was flying in a grassy field close to the ground. Anyway, I now need to repair the Phantom, and since it is from 2013, I'm not sure if DJI still supports the Phantom, and if they will agree to repair it for me.
3-23 09:48
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 1 and its accessories starting on 2019/02/01. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided.
3-23 17:22
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 3-23 17:22
Hi there, thank you for reahcing out. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 1 and its accessories starting on 2019/02/01. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided.

Do you mean I cannot get my Phantom repaired? If not, are there any places where I can buy a 2013 DJI Phantom?
3-24 06:38
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There are drone repair shops that will try to repair them.
3-26 00:13
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-26 00:13
There are drone repair shops that will try to repair them.

Alright, I'll look out for one of those.
3-26 08:43
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

USER001 Posted at 3-26 08:43
Alright, I'll look out for one of those.

Yeah, these big boys were relatively easy to repair from what I understand.
3-26 08:44
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-26 08:44
Yeah, these big boys were relatively easy to repair from what I understand.

That's good. Maybe it has something to do with the non-folding legs as opposed to folding legs which can bend in and snap
3-26 09:04
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

USER001 Posted at 3-26 09:04
That's good. Maybe it has something to do with the non-folding legs as opposed to folding legs which can bend in and snap

Bigger is usually easier to repair. More material to work with.
3-26 10:08
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-26 10:08
Bigger is usually easier to repair. More material to work with.

Oh, that makes sense.
3-26 10:09
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

USER001 Posted at 3-26 10:09
Oh, that makes sense.

These newer drones are very hard to repair unfortunately.
3-26 10:28
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-26 10:28
These newer drones are very hard to repair unfortunately.

Oh. Do you know why?
3-26 10:29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

USER001 Posted at 3-26 10:29
Oh. Do you know why?

They want to save weight
3-26 22:58
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Could be your battery was/is bad.  
3-27 02:06
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

USER001 Posted at 3-24 06:38
Do you mean I cannot get my Phantom repaired? If not, are there any places where I can buy a 2013 DJI Phantom?

Thank you for your response. Starting from the date of the service suspension, we will no longer provide support services for the Phantom 1. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We recommend that you upgrade to an alternative product of a new model so that you can enjoy our more recent, improved technologies, and then we can continue to provide you with efficient customer service. We appreciate your understanding.
3-28 01:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules