DJI Go 4 for Android not able to install
238 6 4-11 01:05
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4676457 ft
Australia

Due to Crystal Sky monitor was lost recently due to theft, I have to go back to my Android phone and use Go 4.

Upon starting GO 4 on my Samsung A23 running Android 14, the system says that is a bug, and won't start Go 4, which was install in Nov 22, being version 4.3.54.

So I uninstaledl it and cleaned up all the DJI folders/cache, restarted the phone.

When installing the new version 4.3.60, it says "DJI Go 4, Do You Want to Install this app?" with the lower right corner the prompt " Cancel Install".  The low part of the screen says "Installing the app" with a button at the right corner says "X Cancel".

There is no "YES" or "Confirm" button to allow me to say go ahead and install.  So I waited and waited, but nothing happens, it just hang there, even after 5 minutes or more.

Try installing the old version, after waiting for while, there would be a dialog that pops up to say the APP is unsafe and can track your movement etc, then I would click "Install Anyway" and it would be installed, thought of course, the app does not work like I said before.

So, please help with the installation of the latest version of Go 4, I presume 4.3.60 is the latest.

Please help.

cheers

4-11 01:05
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello. We need you to provide the following information to check further:
1) Mobile device model;
2) A screenshot of the mobile device system version;
*Take the Samsung S23 ultra, for example, we need to provide these screenshots:

3) A video showing the issue;
4) App logs;
5) The times when the most recent faults were detected.
4-11 01:46
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 4-11 01:46
Hello. We need you to provide the following information to check further:
1) Mobile device model;
2) A screenshot of the mobile device system version;
Note:  the poor editing features of this app juxtaposed all the pictures in the wrong places.  But I think you can figure out what they are.
cheers

Thank you.

Here are information required.

1) Model device model

2)Software Information

3) Video showing the issue:  upon starting the installation process, it just stay like this forever. no video necessary

4) App Logs:  none available, unless there is some I am not aware of.

5 )The times when the most recent faults were detected:  since last night when I downloaded the latest version 4.3.60.  The phone was able to work 18 months with 4.3.54, but later I changed to Crytal Sky.  Now 4.3.54 does not work at all on starting up.  System message "Software Bug".  So I went and download 4.3.60, but can't even install.

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-12 at 12.46.16.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-12 at 12.46.16.jpeg
4-11 18:57
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fred F Posted at 4-11 18:57
Note:  the poor editing features of this app juxtaposed all the pictures in the wrong places.  But I think you can figure out what they are.
cheers

Hello.Thanks for providing the information. We will verify further with our engineers and update you as soon as possible. Again, we thank you for your patience.
4-12 01:14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fred F Posted at 4-11 18:57
cheers

Hello. You can follow these suggestions
1. Go to the mobile phone’s “System Settings” and find “Installing an Unknown Application”. Enable the “Allow application installation from this source” switch.
2. Check the mobile phone’s internal storage, and clear its cache. The remaining memory must be greater than 2GB.
3. If the “Installing an Unknown Application” setting has been enabled, please back up the photos and videos. Uninstall the earlier version of the app and then restart the mobile phone. Download and install the app from the DJI official website. For example, when a Google Pixel 3 (Android 12) is being used, the mobile phone needs to allow the built-in browser (such as Chrome or other browser apps) to install an unknown app.
4. If the DJI Fly app cannot be installed from the browser, try to find the APK file of the DJI Fly in the File Manager for installation. (Alternatively, re-download the installation package, and move it to the device’s internal storage root directly for installation.)
5. Check whether the network/device has the permissions for the DJI app.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
4-14 18:15
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 4-14 18:15
Hello. You can follow these suggestions
1. Go to the mobile phone’s “System Settings” and find “Installing an Unknown Application”. Enable the “Allow application installation from this source” switch.
2. Check the mobile phone’s internal storage, and clear its cache. The remaining memory must be greater than 2GB.

Here are my responses after following your instructions:

1. I checked the switches for "Installing an Unknown Applications", there are may switches from different sources were already turned on, including "Chrome".  Your instructions do not specify which particular switch is needed, but I presume Chrome is the important one.

In anycase, only a couple of weeks ago, I was able to install MIMO for the Action Camera 4 I just bought, and it is working fine

2.  The mobile phone has much more than 2 GB internal storage left, about 15 GB.

3. I have done that a few times, same result. As indicated, alllow installing app from Chrome source is enabled, just like when I installed MIMO successfully a few weeks ago.

4. Please note, I am trying to install DJI GO4 for flying my Mavic Pro.  DJI FLY does not work with Mavic Pro.  However, I also download DJI Fly, which has the same issue, ie. hanging on installing.

5.  Don't understand what permssion is needed for DJI APP for what newtork device?

Cheers
4-14 21:50
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fred F Posted at 4-14 21:50
Here are my responses after following your instructions:

1. I checked the switches for "Installing an Unknown Applications", there are may switches from different sources were already turned on, including "Chrome".  Your instructions do not specify which particular switch is needed, but I presume Chrome is the important one.

Hello. We are sorry didn't explain it clearly.
Don't understand what permission is needed for the DJI APP for what network device?----Because some networks or systems have no permissions for the DJI app, and the DJI app may not be installed, and some customized devices have not obtained the permissions for the DJI app
If installation remains unsuccessful, please provide the following information to further check:
1)A screen recording of the installation process;(You can upload it to the shared drive and send us a link)
2)A description of the issue with the previous version 4.3.54 not launching (specifically whether it was a crash or a freeze).
4-14 22:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules