202 4 4-11 08:08
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Pocket 3 - Capturing time-lapse

I've noticed on time-lapse vids of clouds and sunsets, it appears that there is an annoying "flicker" present that looks like subtle changes to Exposure and/or White Balance from frame to frame, suggesting that the Pocket 3 adjusts exposure and white balance for each individual frame. If I recall, I used all Automatic settings.
My question is this: when capturing time-lapse, does the Pocket 3  make constant adjustments during the capture for each frame, or does it set a static/fixed exposure and WB when the capture begins and sticks with that one setting for the duration of the time-lapse?

Do either Auto or Manual settings cause the Pocket 3 to make constant adjustments to Exposure/WB? How can I ensure that the settings are fixed for the duration of the time-lapse?

4-11 08:08
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

I make a lot of timelapse and motionlapse videos.  I always use manual exposure, ISO, and set the white balance manually.  During a timelapse you can use the Mimo app to lock focus, but not with a motionlapse.  These settings work well for me.  I also export the DNG photos to process the video.
4-12 05:50
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

smbishop Posted at 4-12 05:50
I make a lot of timelapse and motionlapse videos.  I always use manual exposure, ISO, and set the white balance manually.  During a timelapse you can use the Mimo app to lock focus, but not with a motionlapse.  These settings work well for me.  I also export the DNG photos to process the video.

Thanks for your reply. I'm hoping you could clarify the comment about exporting DNG photos to process the video. Are you referring to normal timelapse capture? After I complete a time-lapse capture, I only see an MP4 file. What am I missing? Thanks...
4-12 05:58
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, OldScout. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this concern to the relevant team to check. Will it be fine if you share a video showing the issue? Thank you so much.
4-13 01:21
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

OldScout Posted at 4-12 05:58
Thanks for your reply. I'm hoping you could clarify the comment about exporting DNG photos to process the video. Are you referring to normal timelapse capture? After I complete a time-lapse capture, I only see an MP4 file. What am I missing? Thanks...

There is an option to save both a video and RAW when you swipe left in PRO mode...
4-13 03:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules