1035 18 4-12 14:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I'm seeing many hype around this new Avata 2. Ok, it's a new product and yes, it's fine with that. I understand.
The Avata 1 was so buggy and I hope this new Avata will not, but the Avata 1 has a big advantages over the new ones.
You could repleace the prop guards and that sort of canopy by yourself. Like any FPV drones out there.
The Avata 2 is a monoblock. If you break it... you have to send it to DJI $$$
I figure it's robust like the old one. But you don't have this important opportunity in a FPV drone where collisions aren't so rare (if you fly like a real FPV drone)
4-12 14:33
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

sorry but this is irrelevant.  dji care refresh is cheap.
4-12 18:31
Use props
Mr. Mucus
lvl.2

United States

DJI Care is $99 for two years & the deductible for a crash is $29.
4-12 18:38
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello, Luca. We appreciate you looking at our newly released product, DJI Avata 2. Yes, the DJI Avata series features built-in propeller guards and faster flight speeds, making it safer and more thrilling to navigate through indoor spaces and forests, allowing you to focus on enjoying the visual impact of stunt moves and racing. In addition, if you experience an incident with this unit and you are located in the EU region, rest assured that the aircraft is equipped with an original warranty which covers product malfunction issues. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
4-12 20:37
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

The Saint Posted at 4-12 18:31

Irrelevant?
If you crash during a job session you have to stop everything? And this is irrelevant? You have to pay 99+29 dollar? For a prop guard? 5 dollar the Cinelog35V2 prop guard! With every other cinewhoop/toothpick/racing/freestale/longrange, in 5/10 minutes you change everything you broke and you are reay to start again.
Are you serious?
4-13 08:50
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Mr. Mucus Posted at 4-12 18:38
DJI Care is $99 for two years & the deductible for a crash is $29.

GEPRC Cinelog35V2 cost 5$ the prop guard. well. 128 dollars > 5 dollars.
And if you are in the middle of a job, you have to abort.
4-13 08:51
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

If for you 128 euros for a props-guard are cheap (drone costs 489), and quit a job session or wait 2/3 weeks is irrelevant, hands up. you won.
I cannot argue with it.With 130 euros I could buy 2 or 3 units of the ENTIRE carbon frame + props guard of any 3" or 3.5" cinewhoop out there, and it's cheaper for you?
Any props guard cost from 5 to 10 euros... but pay 128 euro is cheap for you. Ok.
Maybe you are not into the FPV world.

4-13 08:59
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50387 ft
Germany

Luca Rubino Posted at 4-13 08:59
If for you 128 euros for a props-guard are cheap (drone costs 489), and quit a job session or wait 2/3 weeks is irrelevant, hands up. you won.
I cannot argue with it.With 130 euros I could buy 2 or 3 units of the ENTIRE carbon frame + props guard of any 3" or 3.5" cinewhoop out there, and it's cheaper for you?
Any props guard cost from 5 to 10 euros... but pay 128 euro is cheap for you. Ok.

If it's so important for your "Job" then better buy a spare drone in advance.
4-13 09:16
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

=DUH= Posted at 4-13 09:16
If it's so important for your "Job" then better buy a spare drone in advance.

And thers is NO spare part for the Avata 2 unlike the Avata 1.
That was my criticized point of view.
4-13 09:18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

sorry i thought you were comparing avata 1 to avata 2

4-13 09:46
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

The Saint Posted at 4-13 09:46
sorry i thought you were comparing avata 1 to avata 2

Props guard of the Avata 1 costs 19 euro. Not 128 euro. Which is cheaper?
4-13 09:52
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

You could consider everything you want. But how could you say it's cheap?
4-13 09:53
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Sorry, wrong image
4-13 10:02
Use props
Mr. Mucus
lvl.2

United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 4-13 09:18
And thers is NO spare part for the Avata 2 unlike the Avata 1.
That was my criticized point of view.

I watched Mad Tech's complete teardown of an Avata 2 last night.  One thing for certain is, if you purchase an Avata 2, you definitely want to purchase Care Refresh.  Disassembly is NOT a simple task.

That said, at $489 for the bird-only, you are not going to build or find a comparable FPV drone with anywhere near the feature set or flight time of an Avata 2.  If using an Avata 2 professionally, the cost of a spare drone is quite reasonable.  The cost of Care Refresh & the $29 deductible is modest, & with the Express option you will have a replacement drone in only a few days.
4-13 10:09
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Mr. Mucus Posted at 4-13 10:09
I watched Mad Tech's complete teardown of an Avata 2 last night.  One thing for certain is, if you purchase an Avata 2, you definitely want to purchase Care Refresh.  Disassembly is NOT a simple task.

That said, at $489 for the bird-only, you are not going to build or find a comparable FPV drone with anywhere near the feature set or flight time of an Avata 2.  If using an Avata 2 professionally, the cost of a spare drone is quite reasonable.  The cost of Care Refresh & the $29 deductible is quite modest, & with the Express option you will have a replacement drone in only a few days.

And you confirm what I said. This is a step down from the Avatar 1. And this was the most criticized part of the DJI FPV.
The ONLY reason to use the Avata 2 professionally, here in EU, is the C1 class mark.
So.. 2 Avatas are 978 euros + 198 euro for DJI care for every two drones. I repeat. There are a lot of better options out there, more cheaper, and fly better.
I don't care what people would use to work or have fun. But the point is, how you could say 128 euro for a props guard is cheap. I mean the others two users.
If you are a company, you would spent less as possible to be more competitive. Not more as possible.
4-13 10:27
Use props
Mr. Mucus
lvl.2

United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 4-13 10:27
And you confirm what I said. This is a step down from the Avatar 1. And this was the most criticized part of the DJI FPV.
The ONLY reason to use the Avata 2 professionally, here in EU, is the C1 class mark.
So.. 2 Avatas are 978 euros + 198 euro for DJI care for every two drones. I repeat. There are a lot of better options out there, more cheaper, and fly better.

It is not "$128 for prop guards".  It is $128 for ANYTHING.  If it gets run over by a semi, you can gather up the pieces & get a replacement.  If it crashes in the ocean, as long as you can retrieve it, you get a replacement.  And you can do that up to FOUR times over 2 years for $29 per incident.  Even if you lose it completely, you can get a replacement, though the deductible is higher.

For your level of experience & choice of equipment, perhaps the Avata/Avata 2 is not optimal, but keep in mind the Avata & Avata 2 are what I will call easy FPV.  No need to build a quad, spend hours learning & tweaking in BetaFlight, or to assemble an FPV kit.  The Avata kits allow people to easily enter the hobby, which is good for all of us who enjoy RC.  Newbies can immediately enjoy flying in Normal or Sport modes, then move up to Manual mode if they so desire.  Care Refresh makes perfect sense for these users.
4-13 10:41
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Mr. Mucus Posted at 4-13 10:41
It is not "$128 for prop guards".  It is $128 for ANYTHING.  If it gets run over by a semi, you can gather up the pieces & get a replacement.  If it crashes in the ocean, as long as you can retrieve it, you get a replacement.  And you can do that up to FOUR times over 2 years for $29 per incident.  Even if you lose it completely, you can get a replacement, though the deductible is higher.

For your level of experience & choice of equipment, perhaps the Avata/Avata 2 is not optimal, but keep in mind the Avata & Avata 2 are what I will call easy FPV.  No need to build a quad, spend hours learning & tweaking in BetaFlight, or to assemble an FPV kit.  The Avata kits allow people to easily enter the hobby, which is good for all of us who enjoy RC.  Newbies can immediately enjoy flying in Normal or Sport modes, then move up to Manual mode if they so desire.  Care Refresh makes perfect sense for these users.

Yes but if a just brake the props guard, I pay still 128 euro!
Other than the VTX (and not all vix in the market), which part in a FPV drone cost more than 128 euro nowadays?
Also the O3 camera cost 99 dollars if you accidentally brake it (never happened to me). Less than 128 dollars.
It is not 29$ for one incident. Did you forget about the 99 dollars? It's at least 78 dollars.
I won't buy the Avata 2. It doesn't suite my needs. But it's not the point of the thread. Because the Avata 1, as you said, could be great for newbie, but it's reparable. Easily.
And another thing people don't consider, sometimes you need to disassembly your drone to clean it. If accidentally you land it on the sand. If you crash over some mud. There are a lot of cases. And one of them happened to my (ex) Avata 1. I removed the props guard, the cage and cleaned everything and it was again like a new ones. Impossible to do without remove at least the props guard.
Now you have to spend 29 (78) dollars for that?
Avata is a FPV drone. Not a Mavic. Crash, incident and pilot errors are not rare. Even to super Pros pilots. Thinks about a newbie

4-13 11:28
Use props
Mr. Mucus
lvl.2

United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 4-13 11:28
Yes but if a just brake the props guard, I pay still 128 euro!
Other than the VTX (and not all vix in the market), which part in a FPV drone cost more than 128 euro nowadays?
Also the O3 camera cost 99 dollars if you accidentally brake it (never happened to me). Less than 128 dollars.

I did not forget about anything.  $99 + ($29 x 4) means for $215 total you can get a replacement Avata 2 FOUR TIMES over 2 years.  This compared to $1956 for purchasing 4 x Avata 2 drone-only.  I am sorry if you cannot appreciate the convenience of this but, as you admit, you aren't buying an Avata 2.  For many if not most users, DJI Care is a welcome & affordable option.  
4-13 12:06
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

The Saint Posted at 4-12 18:31

My thoughts exactly!
4-13 14:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules