Don't upgrade to v01.00.1200
487 15 4-14 07:59
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_77UFvM3cAfj8
lvl.1

Romania

I had DJI RC 2 Remote Firmware: v02.00.0500 and Aircraft v01.00.1000 now with Air 3 v01.00.1200 and RC2 v02.02.0000 everything is worse. Wifi range, battery, drone is getting hotter even at idle sitting on the ground looking at settings, my variable ndfilter is detected as wide angle filter and video modes are disabled because of that. And yes, I can't downgrade so basicaly dji fucked my drone and they are saying hmmm it should have not happened. I'm glad usa are banning them, europe should start too.

4-14 07:59
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer, refresh the aircraft and remote controller firmware, and check if the issue persists. Please let us know if the issue persists so we can proceed with the investigation. Rest assured that we will help you to identify the main issue that causes this issue. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
4-14 19:24
Use props
djiuser_77UFvM3cAfj8
lvl.1

Romania

Did that 3 times, same problem. Wide lens detected as soon as rotors are starting. And the drone is getting hotter just by browsing the settings, without engines running. And I did not had that problem before.
4-15 00:22
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

For a greenhorn you have a dirty mouth )))

Ask help, we will try to help you with our knowledge, is a big chance to have a firmware written with issues.
Try to refresh firmware at BOTH Air 3 and RC with Assistant 2.
Remember that signal can vary even if your neighbor changed the 2.4 GHz channel at his router....
Also try a total RESET at the drone after you refresh firmware, you have it in APP. You will need to login again after it.

Keep us posted.
Cheers.
4-15 00:23
Use props
djiuser_77UFvM3cAfj8
lvl.1

Romania

Dirty mouth, not by design. Right now, by feelings. Let's try to be me for just a moment, job, house, kids etc. same as most. Now, let's hope that you won't be me, having an autistic kid wich will change everything you know. And try to relax for a moment, when you can. Buy a drone, have some fun and try to forget for a little time your problems. Now, take that drone that you know how is working and how should behave, make a firmware update, your nd variable filter is detected as wide angles (before was not), drone is getting hotter (before was just warm) and wifi let's say that for now I don't need the moon's range. Would you not be upset because you BOUGHT a product, OWN it and some chinese company is blocking your OWN RIGHT to go back with a firmware that was working? Even apple let's you some time windows to revert back if something is not right. Now explain to me like to an idiot and not to someone who has bachelor's degree in criminal law, diploma in industrial electrician and IT network communications just by hobby that I really don't have any problem and is just in my head. I just told here before and to some live chat dji person that I already did the refresh of the firmware. I just have to loose my time to upload a video doing rocket quickshot with my variable nd and a screen record telling me now that I can't because I have "wide angle lens"?
edit: yes, I really was an idiot for thinking that I should buy the googles and I made the update on that decision. Don't do that.

4-15 02:33
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That's 1 reason I never jump at any update, if there are no improvements, then don't update. Best will be to send your drone back and demand warranty if the issue persists.
4-15 09:55
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

djiuser_77UFvM3cAfj8 Posted at 4-15 02:33
Dirty mouth, not by design. Right now, by feelings. Let's try to be me for just a moment, job, house, kids etc. same as most. Now, let's hope that you won't be me, having an autistic kid wich will change everything you know. And try to relax for a moment, when you can. Buy a drone, have some fun and try to forget for a little time your problems. Now, take that drone that you know how is working and how should behave, make a firmware update, your nd variable filter is detected as wide angles (before was not), drone is getting hotter (before was just warm) and wifi let's say that for now I don't need the moon's range. Would you not be upset because you BOUGHT a product, OWN it and some chinese company is blocking your OWN RIGHT to go back with a firmware that was working? Even apple let's you some time windows to revert back if something is not right. Now explain to me like to an idiot and not to someone who has bachelor's degree in criminal law, diploma in industrial electrician and IT network communications just by hobby that I really don't have any problem and is just in my head. I just told here before and to some live chat dji person that I already did the refresh of the firmware. I just have to loose my time to upload a video doing rocket quickshot with my variable nd and a screen record telling me now that I can't because I have "wide angle lens"?
edit: yes, I really was an idiot for thinking that I should buy the googles and I made the update on that decision. Don't do that.

My friend, I have 3 jobs, 2 businesses, 1 small kid and a lot of pressure from mortgages.
So...let's start again.

1. Try to remove the CARD from drone, use internal memory for recording. Is something changed?
2. What ND filter you have? I use split filter from Freewell, as DJI was not smart enough to make the filters split....and I have no issues...Try to use a little compressed air and clean gimbal sides...maybe have some dust that jam the gimbal and detects as Wide (heavy).
3. Drone is getting hot as outside temp is changing...but I do not know if they made any change in power management, as this is only a FW for supporting new Avata 2...so should not affect the PM...better see also if there is dust inside, use a spray with compressed air used for cleaning keyboards to blow from inside to outside (use the battery entry for this).

Hope this helps.
If not...send back to DJI, I already send my AIR 3 for 2nd time as the main camera is blurred on right part and I use Autel for works, so...I feel you, but it is what it is.
4-16 00:23
Use props
djiuser_77UFvM3cAfj8
lvl.1

Romania

I will try to used compressed air. As the air temp, inside my house I'd like to keep 19-20C always, winter or summer. So the drone inside my house should have same temp. So, after 5 mins looking at settings, the belly is hot and not warm like before.
My hostility was not meant for users like you who are trying to help but was targeted for dji.
4-16 04:19
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-14 19:24
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer, refresh the aircraft and remote controller firmware, and check if the issue persists. Please let us know if the issue persists so we can proceed with the investigation. Rest assured that we will help you to identify the main issue that causes this issue. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

I've refreshed and same thing. It's doing the same thing on my Mini 4
4-17 20:34
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BrianKushner Posted at 4-17 20:34
I've refreshed and same thing. It's doing the same thing on my Mini 4

Hello, Brian. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Does the issue happen after you perform the firmware update? Also, please tell us the full details of the issue that you experienced with your DJI Mini 4 Pro so we can forward it to our relevant team for further investigation. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding.
4-18 23:21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_77UFvM3cAfj8 Posted at 4-15 00:22
Did that 3 times, same problem. Wide lens detected as soon as rotors are starting. And the drone is getting hotter just by browsing the settings, without engines running. And I did not had that problem before.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Please try to land your aircraft, and remove the propellers to check whether the gimbal is scratched and whether the gimbal enters the normal stabilization state. If no error is identified after checking, it is recommended that you place the aircraft on a flat and clean ground and rotate the propellers to check whether the issue occurs again. Please keep us posted.
4-18 23:23
Use props
djiuser_77UFvM3cAfj8
lvl.1

Romania

Nothing is scratched. Error comes also without propellers as soon as I'm starting the engines pushing both sticks down.
4-19 05:06
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

If your referring to Drone battery I too having an issue. As I said I fly the same area since 2015. I know it inside and out. Used to come back with 30% battery now it's 15%. Firmware lessened battery time.
4-20 11:41
Use props
djiuser_77UFvM3cAfj8
lvl.1

Romania

I don't understand, many problems with these firmwares in all dji drones, why they are so ignorants that they won't allow us to downgrade if such problem occurs. If I knew this I would have stayed away from dji. You know, the idiot is who is buying not selling....
edit: tried again today, guess what, now I could not choose channel mode from auto to manual, 5.8 or 2.5 band regardless. Never happened before )
4-21 08:53
Use props
Polar Black
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16434 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to know, hopefully fixed in latest release
4-24 00:31
Use props
djiuser_77UFvM3cAfj8
lvl.1