605 51 4-16 12:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I have seen many videos about the newest firmware, but this is something I haven't seen before so this should maybe be fixed?

4-16 12:03
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

Its official.   I'm keeping my FPS set at 30fps just the same.
4-19 13:52
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI are the professionals.   right????

hope they listen they take things seriously,  
4-19 14:39
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I tried this with mine and it is odd. Sometimes when I video in 60fps, I drop to 30 for lower light shots but as you showed, the 30fps footage does look very different.
4-19 22:47
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anonymous1 Posted at 4-19 13:52
Its official.   I'm keeping my FPS set at 30fps just the same.

I change frame rates very often, depending on what I’m videoing. I don’t stick with one.
4-19 22:49
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

once I find the sweet spot I stick to it
4-20 02:39
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

But did you guys see that it changed suddenly when I tilted camera down? So there is something going on.
4-20 05:21
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Czechia

Fishycomics Posted at 4-20 02:39
once I find the sweet spot I stick to it

FYI in Europe we have 50hz of electricity so we should use either 25 or 50 or 100 or … (you got the point) in this case it’s easier to avoid flickering and easier to cut the video. Easier for PC to handle with. Generally it’s recommended to not mixed frame rates.
4-20 05:22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

LeMagnifique Posted at 4-20 05:22
FYI in Europe we have 50hz of electricity so we should use either 25 or 50 or 100 or … (you got the point) in this case it’s easier to avoid flickering and easier to cut the video. Easier for PC to handle with. Generally it’s recommended to not mixed frame rates.

why I am happy with 30fps NTSC here no flickering at all enjoy
4-20 07:00
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LeMagnifique Posted at 4-20 05:22

I often use 60fps here in UK for  smoothness of motion. Indoors or in poor light  I use 30fps. Just to gain a stop or on the Ace Pro, pure Video Mode which is 30. Indoors, I just change the shutter to 1/50th for lights. 60fps looks great on TV's.

If I’m videoing indoors a lot, I use 50fps outside if I want smoothness (especially for vlogging and throwing the camera around) and 25fps indoors for lights.

That way, they can easily be combined.

For serious stuff where I want a more cine look, I use 24fps. Even done this on the Action 4 and it looks terrific.

So I use all of the frame rates really right up to 240 for slow motion.

If you’re producing video for just YouTube, I guess sticking with 30 makes sense, although in many instances where someone is running and gunning, I’ve thought that 60 would have been better. Especially when there is terrible judder going on.

So I don’t use just one frame rate. It depends on what the video is for or what it’s showing. The Frame rate also changes the ‘look’ of the video to some extent.

I guess there is more data for each frame at lower frame rates, but movement has to be considered as well and the lower ones can show judder, which is why I often go up if I'm running around.

I'll be over in USA soon and will be using 60fps, other than indoors when I'll use 30 with 1/60th shutter for lights indoors.

UK lights can be videod at 30fps as long as the shutter is at 1/50th or 1/100th.

At home on my TV, for low frame rates, I have black frame insertion which inserts a black frame between each picture so that what's called, 'persistence of vision' is tricked into seeing smoother motion; especially on pans. One thing that many forget is that in cinema, there is a blank screen between each frame to change the picture. Our brains are then tricked into seeing smoother motion. This doesn't happen on TV's or computers so slow frame rates can look juddery due to the pixels staying on until the next frame. It causes a problem for motion, so we either smooth it out with interpolation on TV which is in effect, making up more frames or a black frame can be inserted if the tv has it.

So I tend to avoid low frame rates if there is going to be a lot of camera movement....

4-20 07:08
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

30fps no shutter works quite well if asked.
4-20 07:40
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 4-20 07:40
30fps no shutter works quite well if asked.

30fps at 1/30th Fish? I’ve used that in low light but not normally. 360 degree shutter kind of makes sense on a system where pixels stay on until the next picture. I use a 360 degree shutter at 60fps. Gives close to cinematic motion blur.

Mind you here we are banging on about motion blur and frame rates, where there's a clear difference between 30 and 60fps on the Action 4 as shown by Johansenfoto. It would be better for me if they could get the two frame rates closer in look .......

BTW .... I need some kinda cowboy hat for the Keys to keep the sun off. Anyone know of a good make/type that's light on your head?

4-20 08:19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

called a Red head one off the best hats around, since pro is on then you do the shutter rule, pro is off you gots no choice, the computer does the rest, correct.

4-20 10:05
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers. You look like an ex cowboy to me! ;)
It has to hold off those tropical downpours..... that looks like it'll do the job. Cheers.
4-20 11:09
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

That's not a cowboy hat, that's an outback hat. It's like Foster's... Australian for beer... I mean cowboy hat :-)

If you want an authentic hat, you get something like Stetson - if it fits your budget.
https://stetson.com/collections/hats-western-classics

They also have straw hats, if you want something lighter (and cheaper)
https://stetson.com/collections/hats-collections-straw
4-20 12:51
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was joking!

Just want something to keep baking sun off and torrential tropical rain, which happens every day there for 30 minutes or so during the Summer. That’s probably why Fish put that one up I think. A straw hat will go to mush if I'm caught in the heavy downpours that they get in Florida’s storm season.

There's also a high chance of a hurricane. I'll be there for three weeks. Then the Action 4 will get some reall action..... whether 60 or 30fps!!

We've gone from firmware to headware ...... ;)
4-20 13:17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-20 13:17
I was joking!

Just want something to keep baking sun off and torrential tropical rain, which happens every day there for 30 minutes or so during the Summer. That’s probably why Fish put that one up I think. A straw hat will go to mush if I'm caught in the heavy downpours that they get in Florida’s storm season.

I mentioned the actual company , and where I got mine, its crushable, waterproof and is about 8 plus years old, also    for all seasons with  pull-down.   down south, off of 595 is one of the biggest bass pro shops to check out.  so when you get off the Ft lauderdale airport and before your cruise Lol   I been there and done that

this is me hat in the vids    also purchased at a bass pro shop off ofRt 66.  

yep  time I bought it

4-20 14:48
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-20 13:17
I was joking!

"We've gone from firmware to headware ...... ;)"
Well, you need some firm ware to wear if you are gonna be in a hurry-cane ...so I think it's still within topic :-)
4-20 15:35
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I only use 60fps (so i can slow it down some in post when needed) but then i haven't updated to the latest fw anyway and  have no intention of doing so just yet, i don't think the latest fw is to benefit me anyway.
4-20 18:11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just watched the whole video, where you say ''they look the same'' at about 1:25, there is a difference, you see more in the shadows and extra detail (see cloud) at 30fps, i do prefer that as long as theres no extra noise with it. But, as i said, I only shoot in 60fps when kayaking (only time i use the camera at present) so it doesnt benefit me.
4-20 18:19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 4-20 14:48
I mentioned the actual company , and where I got mine, its crushable, waterproof and is about 8 plus years old, also    for all seasons with  pull-down.   down south, off of 595 is one of the biggest bass pro shops to check out.  so when you get off the Ft lauderdale airport and before your cruise Lol   I been there and done that

this is me hat in the vids    also purchased at a bass pro shop off ofRt 66.  

Yes, I’ve seen your hat before and thought it was a bit special but we only got your shadow in this vid!

I’m at Key Largo for 3 weeks, landing at Miami, and having experienced a hurricane in Miami, and the heat of Key West, I want something substantial to keep rain and sun off. Most non USA think tropical …. Straw hat. Not Heavy rain and hurricane …….

Since I’m there for three weeks, it’s likely that a bit of wind might turn up!
4-21 00:00
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-20 18:11
I only use 60fps (so i can slow it down some in post when needed) but then i haven't updated to the latest fw anyway and  have no intention of doing so just yet, i don't think the latest fw is to benefit me anyway.

A lot of people do that Bashy. Even rendering at 24fps as well which always surprises me when it’s at life speed!

I often use 60fps at 1/60th second shutter. A 360 degree shutter angle. It gives similar(ish) motion blur to the lower frame rates. Exactly the same motion blur as 30fps but is smoother to look at on TV. Then any 30fps (indoor footage) is just put in with it and everything rendered at 60. The 30Fps just shows each frame twice so it looks the same as normal 30fps.

The only thing with the Action 4 though is that the difference between 30 and 60 looks quite large so I’m going to play around with mixing them I think. I’ve been using the Ace Pro more recently, but I still like the ease of use/set up of the Action tbh. Previously, mixing 30 and 60 wasn't a problem but the look of 60fps is quite different now.
4-21 00:29
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Bashy Posted at 4-20 18:19
Just watched the whole video, where you say ''they look the same'' at about 1:25, there is a difference, you see more in the shadows and extra detail (see cloud) at 30fps, i do prefer that as long as theres no extra noise with it. But, as i said, I only shoot in 60fps when kayaking (only time i use the camera at present) so it doesnt benefit me.

Yes I saw that now, I was most focused on the snow while making this video and didn't pay attention to the background at all. So good catching that.

For me the change for 30 and below have too much clarity, but the 60 fps looks a bit too washed out again.
4-21 01:24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-21 00:00
Yes, I’ve seen your hat before and thought it was a bit special but we only got your shadow in this vid!

I’m at Key Largo for 3 weeks, landing at Miami, and having experienced a hurricane in Miami, and the heat of Key West, I want something substantial to keep rain and sun off. Most non USA think tropical …. Straw hat. Not Heavy rain and hurricane …….

along the way there is a Bass pro shop  towards key west.  Many toruest shops along the way for any type of  hat, for example SLoppy Joe's.   find hta hat that suits you and have fun.
4-21 03:16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, found a bass pro shop in islamorada, up the road from where I’ll be. I know Sloppy Joe’s very well! I rather like that hat so we’re going to drop in. Last time I was there ….. severe sunburn. Back split if I bent…….

Johansenfoto, I compared 30 and 60fps this morning and the difference that I got was less defined than yours. (I think) I'll keep comparing in different light but it seems to be less difference on my camera by comparison. Is it a contrast thing?

4-21 03:45
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-21 03:45
Yes, found a bass pro shop in islamorada, up the road from where I’ll be. I know Sloppy Joe’s very well! I rather like that hat so we’re going to drop in. Last time I was there ….. severe sunburn. Back split if I bent…….

Awesome..    enjoy the stay.
4-21 03:48
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 4-21 03:48
Awesome..    enjoy the stay.

I love going to USA. So different to UK. Everything is bigger and more space!
4-21 03:51
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

ha ha ha not  here my Friend. I know what you mean in many way .  
4-21 05:25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-21 03:45

Johansenfoto, I compared 30 and 60fps this morning and the difference that I got was less defined than yours. (I think) I'll keep comparing in different light but it seems to be less difference on my camera by comparison. Is it a contrast thing?

I could only see a clear difference in the snow, and that makes me think that DJI have NOT considered that some of us also have snow where we live and will notice this difference that clearly. For branches, trees, buildings etc. there is not that easy to spot.
You could probably recreate against some white curled paper or something.
4-22 02:43
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

https://imgur.com/a/mFWBH7I

Did a new test today and here are screenshots

4-22 04:32
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quite a big difference between them. Never seen that before in a camera.i wonder what the update has done?
4-22 06:24
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Fishycomics Posted at 4-21 05:25
ha ha ha not  here my Friend. I know what you mean in many way .

Just curious. How your every post has 1 Downvote?
4-22 08:06
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-22 06:24
Quite a big difference between them. Never seen that before in a camera.i wonder what the update has done?

They have put up a bit of clarity if you saw my video in first post
4-22 11:21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Aavis Posted at 4-22 08:06
Just curious. How your every post has 1 Downvote?

More or less there one person who is in here not hard to figure him out, ,
4-22 12:15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 4-22 12:15
More or less there one person who is in here not hard to figure him out, ,

And I often gives you a upvote since I like hearing from you here
4-22 13:34
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 4-22 13:34
And I often gives you a upvote since I like hearing from you here

thank you.   not worth a breath for hte downer
4-22 14:23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 4-22 04:32
https://imgur.com/a/mFWBH7I

Did a new test today and here are screenshots

Have you tried lowering the shadows in post?
4-22 16:23
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-21 03:51
I love going to USA. So different to UK. Everything is bigger and more space!

Except the airline seats...
4-22 16:56
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 4-22 14:23
thank you.   not worth a

I think that the downvote option should be removed because really it serves no purpose and does nothing. The upvote is different because it acknowledges that something has been read, but doesn't need a reply.

@bashy, it's not hard to match them up, but it's a bit odd why there's a difference. It doesn't look as obvious on my camera, or it might just be highlights. (As in snow) For general running around, I normally stick with 60fps for smoothness and the TV.

4-22 23:22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Bashy Posted at 4-22 16:23
Have you tried lowering the shadows in post?

No I haven't I don't think that will fix the difference
4-23 01:36
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules