Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sippycreations
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3381388 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi everyone,

I recently received my Avata 2 and took it out for a test flight. I recorded the flight with "NO EIS" as I usually stabilize the footage post-flight using Gyroflow. However, I encountered an issue where Gyroflow reported "no gyro data" for the footage.

---

DJI claims that the Avata 2 is compatible with Gyroflow.

Am I missing a step here?
Or is it possible that we need to wait for the upcoming Gyroflow 1.5.5 update to support the new camera files?

---

I would appreciate any insights or workarounds you might have for this issue. Thanks in advance for your help!
4-18 14:56
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2007070 ft
Canada

You might be right about needing to wait for the newer version of Gyroflow. Did you have the camera set to wide?
4-18 15:03
Use props
sippycreations
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It was set to ULTRA WIDE.
4-18 15:04
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2007070 ft
Canada

sippycreations Posted at 4-18 15:04
It was set to ULTRA WIDE.

Gyroflow only works with the wide setting.
4-18 15:09
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please have a test flight and set the Camera FOV to Wide instead of Ultra Wide and check whether the issue persists? If yes, please upload the footage via Google Drive and send the link so we can check it further. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your cooperation.
4-18 20:40
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Source: https://www.dji.com/hr/avata-2/faq (under "Camera" section)

So yeah, just set your FOV to wide (in addition to disabling EIS) and it does work.
4-18 21:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah Gyroflow works fine,    You need to be in Wide

4-18 22:19
Use props
sippycreations
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I can confirm that in order to use Gyroflow you need the camera to be set to WIDE and NO EIS.
4-19 09:34
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

sippycreations Posted at 4-19 09:34
I can confirm that in order to use Gyroflow you need the camera to be set to WIDE and NO EIS.

Thank you for keeping us posted, sippycreations. We're glad that you have managed to isolate this concern of yours. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your valued support.
4-19 19:33
Use props
Arri_fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88248 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 22:19
Yeah Gyroflow works fine,    You need to be in Wide

[view_image]

Pixel format 8 bit?
4-26 17:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Arri_fpv Posted at 4-26 17:00
Pixel format 8 bit?

That was a standard colour profile recording,  it only goes to 10 bit in DlogM.
4-26 20:44
Use props
Arri_fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88248 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 4-26 20:44
That was a standard colour profile recording,  it only goes to 10 bit in DlogM.

Ohh gotcha
4-26 23:58
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I avoid DlogM with a passion as any laptop cant handle it.
4-27 00:11
Use props
AlSo-Fotografie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 423907 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I got interessting experience. On my first flight, the drone saved a separat file for the gyro data.
Named excatly like the .mp4 file (D_lrd-something..).
Now the gyro data is in the mp4 included. I think it has to do with the newest firmware i quess.
4-27 00:59
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 4-27 00:11
I avoid DlogM with a passion as any laptop cant handle it.

Cheapest M-series MacBook Air does just fine
4-27 01:07
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 4-27 01:07
Cheapest M-series MacBook Air does just fine

Sadly my MacBook Pro is still intel and doesnt like it,  although I can run it through handbrake and convert it back to  8bit just fine.   
4-27 01:11
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 4-27 01:11
Sadly my MacBook Pro is still intel and doesnt like it,  although I can run it through handbrake and convert it back to  8bit just fine.

Ouch, that's rough. Well, if you're looking to upgrade, the M3 Air is a really good machine that I can whole-heartedly recommend - there's hardly any need for Pro these days if you can live with 2 TB/USB4 ports. I only had a Mac Studio for a while but needed something for a trip so picked this Air up just to have something, but I find myself using it more often than the Studio now. I had an M1 Air previously when I needed a portable machine and that couldn't really compete with Studio for most stuff, but I remember it did respectably well with Gyroflow, so even that is probably a better option than any Intel MBP (especially if you have a smaller one without dedicated graphics).
4-27 01:42
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 4-27 01:42
Ouch, that's rough. Well, if you're looking to upgrade, the M3 Air is a really good machine that I can whole-heartedly recommend - there's hardly any need for Pro these days if you can live with 2 TB/USB4 ports. I only had a Mac Studio for a while but needed something for a trip so picked this Air up just to have something, but I find myself using it more often than the Studio now. I had an M1 Air previously when I needed a portable machine and that couldn't really compete with Studio for most stuff, but I remember it did respectably well with Gyroflow, so even that is probably a better option than any Intel MBP (especially if you have a smaller one without dedicated graphics).

Gyroflow on my machine is fine,  it wizzes along nicely.  At least in 8bit mode.
4-27 01:50
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 4-27 01:50
Gyroflow on my machine is fine,  it wizzes along nicely.  At least in 8bit mode.

Yeah, Avata 2 records 8bit in h.264 which can definitely be hardware-decoded by your machine so that makes it a lot faster. 10bit is recorded in h.265 which your old Intel might not have hardware decode support for. And it wouldn't help if it was 10bit h.264 either since Gyroflow doesn't allow that to be hw-decoded according to their faq https://docs.gyroflow.xyz/app/getting-started/faq#gpu-encoding-is-not-available-or-not-working

So yeah, keep it in normal colour profile

4-27 02:34
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 4-27 02:34
Yeah, Avata 2 records 8bit in h.264 which can definitely be hardware-decoded by your machine so that makes it a lot faster. 10bit is recorded in h.265 which your old Intel might not have hardware decode support for. And it wouldn't help if it was 10bit h.264 either since Gyroflow doesn't allow that to be hw-decoded according to their faq https://docs.gyroflow.xyz/app/getting-started/faq#gpu-encoding-is-not-available-or-not-working

So yeah, keep it in normal colour profile

You wouldn't believe how many people on this forum have managed to record 10bit h.264  and then find their software doesnt support it,  it's almost a weekly occurrence.
4-27 22:13
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066709 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gyroflow works great. I use 10bit DLogM, wide and record in 3:4 instead of 16:9. Just gives more data to work with.
4-28 02:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules