242 11 4-25 14:40
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DFWdude4DJI
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1974501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm still blown away at how this little drone works. Years ago, I purchased the original DJI FPV and flew it once. I was too intimidated by it. The headgear was heavy, and the drone was loud. So I returned it to DJI and decided to wait. Then the Avata 1 came out, and although it looked good on paper and in reviews, I still wasn't sold. Something was missing- more refinements and features. So I waited. Then, the Avata 2 came out, and I did my research. I was sold! I received my Avata 2 two days ago, and today, I flew it for the first time. I've been flying drones for many years but have never flown an FPV I felt comfortable with. This one is great for those who want to get into FPV. I used the intuitive motion controller and had a blast. Within minutes, I was trying things I had never thought I would dare to try.

I highly recommend this drone to anyone who wants to get into FPV.

Music: Artlist - The Last Hero by Veaceslav Draganov

4-25 14:40
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939446 ft
Canada

Congrats on your newest addition to the fleet. Yes FPV is addictive.
4-25 14:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on getting the Avata 2.  Impressive first flight.  
4-26 06:42
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-26 06:42
Congrats on getting the Avata 2.  Impressive first flight.

Thanks. Do you have an Avata 2?
4-26 11:40
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DFWdude4DJI Posted at 4-26 11:40
Thanks. Do you have an Avata 2?

Unfortunately, I can't fly FPV drones as I get an extreme case of vertigo or dizziness.  I even tried flying while sitting down and that didn't help.  I've had eye exams and referrals and they all say nothing wrong with my eyes.  So I had to sell my cinewhoop.  It's a bit weird as I can watch FPV footage and it doesn't bother me but as soon as I put on the goggles I'm done.  I got the same feelings when I tried using night vision goggles so maybe my brain is scrambled.  
4-26 13:34
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats and welcome to the club!  Im have FPV1 and Avata1 and I'm passing on the Avata2 and waiting for FPV2.  All DJI FPV drones are fun to fly so enjoy!  Nice wide open location in video with pretty good obstacles....
4-26 14:00
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-26 13:34
Unfortunately, I can't fly FPV drones as I get an extreme case of vertigo or dizziness.  I even tried flying while sitting down and that didn't help.  I've had eye exams and referrals and they all say nothing wrong with my eyes.  So I had to sell my cinewhoop.  It's a bit weird as I can watch FPV footage and it doesn't bother me but as soon as I put on the goggles I'm done.  I got the same feelings when I tried using night vision goggles so maybe my brain is scrambled.

Oh man. I'm sorry to hear that. I had some vertigo with the first DJI FPV and it gave me bad motion sickness. I only flew that thing for less than 10 minutes and I was done. I knew it wasn't for me. But I gave it another try when the Avata 2 came out and its really not that bad. I just take my time flying mine and try not to do too much crazy stunts like diving or weaving between obstacles.
4-27 07:49
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DFWdude4DJI Posted at 4-27 07:49
Oh man. I'm sorry to hear that. I had some vertigo with the first DJI FPV and it gave me bad motion sickness. I only flew that thing for less than 10 minutes and I was done. I knew it wasn't for me. But I gave it another try when the Avata 2 came out and its really not that bad. I just take my time flying mine and try not to do too much crazy stunts like diving or weaving between obstacles.

I'm glad you were able to overcome the motion sickness the second time around.  I'm okay with just being able to watch the FPV videos but would much rather be flying them for sure.  Hope your weekend is off to a great start.  
4-27 08:30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on the Avata 2 - it's a great little drone
4-27 09:18
Use props
HmBuilder2
New
Flight distance : 230 ft
United States

I just received my Avata 2 combo kit.
I have been trying to use it, However for some reason I end up in the settings menu and then in the controller settings menu and can’t get back out of it unless I turn everything off. When I put the pointer in a black area it still won’t exit back out . What am I doing wrong?
I haven’t even been able fly it once yet .
5-3 05:46
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Persevere. Try using the 5d control only until you get used to changing  menus.
5-3 06:42
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, nice flight
Any chance you could post or pm the flight log. I've developed a flight display tool for Excel and will be gratful if you could.

Thanks
5-3 07:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules