Home Point
177 8 4-26 05:34
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ground_Pilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 530659 ft
United States

My question is about the home point...........my M3T definitely returns home to the home point location, where ever it is.  However, I'm noticing that the home point location wanders off from where it was when I'm told "home point updated, check map to confirm."  Upon take off and climbing to about 10 or 15 feet to hover and rotating the gimbal to -90, I can literally watch the home point start to wander off, always wandering off to the north and will settle 15 to 20 feet from where it was originally updated.  Sometimes it will not do this, but I think it does it more often than not.  Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?
4-26 05:34
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Can you share a flightlog for this issue?

use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
post the uploaded link on here

cheers
JJB
4-26 11:22
Use props
Ground_Pilot
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 4-26 11:22
Hi,

Can you share a flightlog for this issue?

I'll have to figure out how to do that, this drone is new to me and I'm going through my paces learning about it, so bare with me.  thanks
4-26 12:41
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ground_Pilot Posted at 4-26 12:41
I'll have to figure out how to do that, this drone is new to me and I'm going through my paces learning about it, so bare with me.  thanks

Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
Follow those and you will get a summary report.
You can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.

If your controller has a built-in screen, you'll find the file at:
Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord
4-26 12:49
Use props
Ground_Pilot
lvl.1
United States

I can't seem to copy the .txt file from the folder to this reply, but I opened it in the free flight log viewer and copied the url.  You can see that the home point seems to have ultimately wandered off to the north, but it was recorded at the take off point...........and you can see that I paused the auto landing to adjust the descent away from the wrong homepoint to land where the home point was originally supposed to be.  I don't know if the wandering homepoint is a bonefide issue or not, but I do find it a bit annoying.  Thanks for taking a look.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/GKLS6W90BWEI01KKWT2W9FEFIQPBIU89
4-27 04:43
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ground_Pilot Posted at 4-27 04:43
I can't seem to copy the .txt file from the folder to this reply, but I opened it in the free flight log viewer and copied the url.  You can see that the home point seems to have ultimately wandered off to the north, but it was recorded at the take off point...........and you can see that I paused the auto landing to adjust the descent away from the wrong homepoint to land where the home point was originally supposed to be.  I don't know if the wandering homepoint is a bonefide issue or not, but I do find it a bit annoying.  Thanks for taking a look.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/GKLS6W90BWEI01KKWT2W9FEFIQPBIU89

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your log.

HomePoint was recorded at 3.8s, just after takeoff, drone in the air. This is normal.
At 55.4 sec in flight HP was reset to the drone position, approx 3.1 meter away from the first HomePoint.

First HP was set with 15 satellites and a '5' for signal quality, second HP set with 19 sats and again a '5'.
HP is set if the number and signal quality is oke for an accurate HP position, seen in the app by a white GPS icon (white >= 4)
So in your log with a '5' HP should be accurate enough for the whole flight.

I had once a similar HP reset in flight, this after 8 minutes in flight....
Curious what DJI will say about your 'HP reset in flight' .

cheers
JJB   [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for data and visual flightlog analysis (www.jjbfrap.eu) ]
HPreset.png
Analysis1.png
4-27 06:44
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

This may or may not be related to what you're seeing but with my M3E it will sometimes set 2 home points. Once when it receives enough satellites like normal. Then it'll say the "Home point updated, check map to confirm" a second time once it receives an RTK fix. I've never paid attention to the map to see if the home point dot moves or not.
4-27 07:34
Use props
Ground_Pilot
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 4-27 06:44
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your log.

Accurate enough so that it can return to the take off area but not enough at times for a precision landing I guess...........even though I feel I'm meeting the precision landing requirements.  

4-28 06:36
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ground_Pilot Posted at 4-28 06:36
Accurate enough so that it can return to the take off area but not enough at times for a precision landing I guess...........even though I feel I'm meeting the precision landing requirements.  

[view_image]

Hi,

I think the question is why the HP is reset in flight, now only 3 meters away from the start HP
But what if it will be 10 meters and your take off is in a confined area?

With a RTH to an unsafe postion (with no connection...), can be a disaster landing.

cheers
JJB
4-28 09:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules