253 9 4-26 13:24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Lucky escape today.

Had just launched when a few seaguls took an interest in my mini 3. They started coming after me and I increased speed and done a few turns to keep clear but in the end decided to give up and return to land. The last one in the screen recording came just a bit to close for comfort.

4-26 13:24
Use props
Arturo Borquez
lvl.1

Chile

I usually escape in sport mode upwards maybe 30 mts above and return at high altitude, avoid nesting sites
4-26 14:48
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1681798 ft
United States

DO NOT feed the seagulls. Close one!
4-26 14:56
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Looks more like casual curiosity than aggression.
There was no follow through.
4-26 16:46
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Theres 51 species of Gull and Sea is not one of them.
4-27 00:16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems the gulls were just interested in checking out your drone.  I live on a large boat and see gulls almost every flight and they tend to be more inquisitive than aggressive.  My plan of action when they or any bird gets too close is to climb rapidly.  Birds can dive fast but mostly struggle to ascend quickly.  

The birds that have been very aggressive and attacked at my drones are eagles, falcons and hawks.  
4-27 07:08
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-27 07:08
Seems the gulls were just interested in checking out your drone.  I live on a large boat and see gulls almost every flight and they tend to be more inquisitive than aggressive.  My plan of action when they or any bird gets too close is to climb rapidly.  Birds can dive fast but mostly struggle to ascend quickly.  

The birds that have been very aggressive and attacked at my drones are eagles, falcons and hawks.

Seagul (typo, never have been to good at spelling  ) Seagull

Yeah thanks for the tips. In 7+ years never had it happen before so thought I'd share it, not unduly worried at the time, just decided to bale out and for the more pedantic members of the forum here's a link.
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/seagull   
4-27 11:20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pleomax Posted at 4-27 11:20
Seagul (typo, never have been to good at spelling  ) Seagull

Yeah thanks for the tips. In 7+ years never had it happen before so thought I'd share it, not unduly worried at the time, just decided to bale out and for the more pedantic members of the forum here's a link.

It's definitely scary the first time it happens. Not quite as surprising or dangerous as when you have a gator come up out of the water after a drone though.  Just something to be aware of while living and flying in Florida or Louisiana.   
4-28 06:53
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Drone was attacked by bees once! think they did not like the buzzing sound! Took drone high and wide came back landed, was a few dead bits attached but drone was ok?
4-28 09:04
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Never nice when they get close.
5-14 22:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now