6564 28 2015-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Since not everyone has this feature ( IOS users... Booooooo DJI get it sorted please ) or some might not even have seen the option. I made a short video demonstrating it.

In a nutshell, it gradually slows the tilting of the P3 camera instead of it coming to a sudden stop when yuo release the gimbal coltrol dial. Its a feature many have asked for and it was introduced in the most recent version of the Android App ( 2.1.0 ). As a practical use it can give you very fine control of the gimbal's tilting..

On, and this video features my little boy's yellow Minecraft Cat

2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

hey sploodge, can i include your threads with advice on my thread help for noobs?
thanks
2015-9-14
Use props
Viper989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891194 ft
Canada

Nice find Sploodge , thanks
To bad i just went from Android to IOS
2015-9-14
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Hooray.  Thanks for that nugget!
2015-9-14
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 22:13
hey sploodge, can i include your threads with advice on my thread help for noobs?
thanks

Yeah, go for it ray
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

thanks, much appreciated.
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

done, it should help alot of people
2015-9-14
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

I have noticed that the gimbal wheel has a lot smoother motion since the new firmware.  At least mine seems a lot less sensitive and I am able to control the tilt lately without it looking like a robot controlling it.  But I am using iOS mini 2 and am talking about the full range of motion so a different thing.
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-9-15 06:13
I have noticed that the gimbal wheel has a lot smoother motion since the new firmware.  At least min ...

no, its that you are getting better!!!
2015-9-14
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 17:18
no, its that you are getting better!!!

Ha! I don't think it is me.  I really do like the really smooth motion in Splooge's video.  I remember a thread a few weeks ago when someone was asking for something like this.   I actually remember another one where somebody modified their RC by adding a resister into to the circuit to smooth it out.  But this did it with (firmware and software).  Cool.
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-9-15 06:32
Ha! I don't think it is me.  I really do like the really smooth motion in Splooge's video.  I reme ...

yea i saw that too. i will try and see!!
2015-9-14
Use props
axidify
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2867146 ft
Malaysia

will this also stick if i switch back to ios?

2015-9-15
Use props
bill
lvl.3

United States

Thank you - I will be tweaking the settings for both this and the Yaw today!
2015-9-15
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a great post and great find...THANK YOU.   Also, on a similar note, anyone have any recommendations on how to improve YAW motion?  It is much too 'rigid' when it stops and looks unnatural.
2015-9-15
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

Hi sploodge, are you able to explain the first pitch setting in gimbal advanced setting (that default is 50%) what is for? Thanks
2015-9-20
Use props
ceduch
lvl.1

France

Hi everybody, for ios users, you can borrow an android device to active this functions and then replug your ios device. The settings are save in your phantom 3 and stay active but you can not change settings on apple device. this is a tips to use this function just the time to have an ios update.
2015-9-21
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

I've not been able to quote you before with my question because seems not possible to quote the OP.
2015-9-21
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StevenQX Posted at 2015-9-21 08:33
Hi sploodge, are you able to explain the first pitch setting in gimbal advanced setting (that defau ...

Hi Steven,

The "Gimbal Pitch" setting with 0-100 is the expo at which the gimbal tilts when you move the wheel on the RC. The lower the number the smoother it tilts. Use this as well as the new options ( in Android ONLY at the moment ) to achieve the desired movement for a particular shot.

I love these features and having 3 different configurable configurations is really good ( although I would like a few more savable configurations, atleast 5 )
2015-9-21
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-22 09:54
Hi Steven,

The "Gimbal Pitch" setting with 0-100 is the speed that the gimbal tilts when you move  ...

I thought that but i've already setup this speed in another page of DJI GO application at 70%.

So, if  understand well there is a overall gimbal pitch speed, and a 3 configuration gimbal pitch speed.
I'll put the overall to 100% and then adjust only the setting in the 3 configurations pages
2015-9-22
Use props
KaiserSoze9
First Officer
Flight distance : 35365551 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Thank you, Sploodge. I haven't seen this useful option
2015-9-22
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StevenQX Posted at 2015-9-22 09:09
I thought that but i've already setup this speed in another page of DJI GO application at 70%.

So ...

Sorry, me reply was a little confusing.. The "Gimbal Pitch" is the Expo setting and increases/decreases the sensitivity of the Gimbal wheel. There is also ( under the RC settings ) a Gimbal Speed option as you mention.

The "Gimbal speed" controlls how fast the camera pitches from facing forwards to downwards ( and vice versa ) in responce to moving the wheel as far as it can go in both directions. "Gimbal pitch" is how the curve is - straight (meaning a less smooth acceleration) or curve exponentially, where moving the dial a little will barely register as moving the gimbal.

Hope it makes sense.. Have a play with them when its on a desk to find out what settings you like.
2015-9-22
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-22 10:44
Sorry, me reply was a little confusing.. The "Gimbal Pitch" is the Expo setting and increases/decre ...

Ok! now it is clear thanks
2015-9-22
Use props
shirkit
New

Brazil

Can you please help me out? I have this setting exactly the way you have this setup:

In Gimbal -> Advanced -> Gimbal Tilt: 88 / Gimbal Tilt Limit: Off / Gimbal Pan Synchronous Follow: Off / Gimbal Tilt Smooth Track: 30

I have tried changing a lot of my settings, stills when I release the gimbal wheel the gimbal just STOPs. I have tried changing the wheel speed in RC options, and further tweaking this Gimbal Tilt Smooth Track. After I change this setting the phantom beeps, is it normal?

I want to be able to do some smooth tilting, but it's currently impossible for me without using the phone.

I'm running the latest DJI Go APP in Android 4.4 in Samsung Galaxy S3
2016-3-16
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

thanks for that I was working on how to do that so great now its easy. What does the Gimbal Tilt EXP (0-100) control?
2016-3-16
Use props
Nightingale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44301 ft
Netherlands

I own an IPhone 6 and have the same option in my DJI go app. Have figured this out at day one of owning my P3S. Was the first thing I wanted to fix when I saw the hard stops of the gimbal.
2016-3-16
Use props
shirkit
New

Brazil

I just tried on a Samsung Galaxy S3, on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, on a Motorolla G2 and on an iPhone 6, and on all of them I have the same behaviour, it doesn't produce that smooth motion when I release the gimbal wheel.
2016-3-20
Use props
shirkit
New

Brazil

I still do not know how to get this to work.
2016-3-29
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

shirkit@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-29 15:49
I still do not know how to get this to work.

IMG_8658.jpg
2016-3-29
Use props
DNR 7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

For all practical purposes, I don't really see a difference between gimbal wheel speed and gimbal pitch. If you adjust either one, it seems to slow or speed up the rate at which the gimbal moves. And if you move the wheel just a little, then the gimbal moves just a little. And if you push the wheel all the way, then the wheel goes faster according to the speed at which you have it set. I do see a difference with gimbal pitch smoothing, but gimbal wheel speed and gimbal pitch seem to control essentially the same thing. Maybe gimbal pitch is a finer adjustment but that's the only difference I see.
2016-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules