Air 3 a bright spot on video footage, when sun behind drone
172 14 5-10 22:52
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61211 ft
Slovakia

I have an Air3 drone. When I circle around the object, in the part of the circle when the sun is behind my back, a bright spot appears in one corner of the video, which moves to the other side while the drone is circling until it disappears. It appears approximately when the sun is behind the drone. Using an ND filter suppresses the visibility of the spot, but it is still visible. I don't understand how this can happen when the sun is behind the drone and there is no direct light on the lens.
Is it normal and can it be solved with a filter or a sun hood, or is it some kind of optical fault?
I have warranty and care refresh.

5-10 22:52
Use props
djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac
lvl.2
Slovakia

I added some frames from video
Screenshot_20240511_082607.jpg
Screenshot_20240511_082621.jpg
Screenshot_20240511_082649.jpg
Screenshot_20240511_082805.jpg
5-10 22:54
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello.You can try shooting a few more scenes to see if the issue still exists.In addition,could you please provide the original footage of the issue? You may save it through a shareable link like Google Drive and DropBox, then send the link here. We will check this further for you.
5-10 23:47
Use props
djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac
lvl.2
Slovakia

Hello, it is the same on many footages with the same setup - sun is low and behind the drone. I will upload something.
5-11 00:00
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac Posted at 5-11 00:00
Hello, it is the same on many footages with the same setup - sun is low and behind the drone. I will upload something.

Hello. We look forward to your uploading the video and we will troubleshoot the problem for you based on the video content. thank you for your support.
5-11 00:06
Use props
djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac
lvl.2
Slovakia

Here I made some compilation of problematic footages https://youtu.be/Fg_j0jZTqwg?si=AVZy9Wie3mmC4hMb
5-11 05:06
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

This is normal, all drones have this. Already discussed, there was an assumption that in this way DJI is trying to remove the shadow from the drone in the video)
5-11 07:39
Use props
djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac
lvl.2
Slovakia

Yesterday I seen video from Avata2 with same footage. You are probably true, I was still wondering if the fact that I have the drone taped with reflective red and orange tape on my drone arms is also to blame, if it throws light reflections in front of the camera.
5-11 22:10
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac Posted at 5-11 22:10
Yesterday I seen video from Avata2 with same footage. You are probably true, I was still wondering if the fact that I have the drone taped with reflective red and orange tape on my drone arms is also to blame, if it throws light reflections in front of the camera.

No, it doesn't affect it. This is observed on all DJI drones
5-11 23:44
Use props
djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac
lvl.2
Slovakia

but it pretty much spoils the shots early in the morning and before dark
5-11 23:54
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac Posted at 5-11 05:06
Here I made some compilation of problematic footages https://youtu.be/Fg_j0jZTqwg?si=AVZy9Wie3mmC4hMb

Hi there, thank you for your video. This is an optical phenomenon called “heiligenschein”, also referred to as “Cellini’s halo”. At a certain angle, dew-covered vegetation will reflect more light towards the drone (on the lens), so a bright spot forms on the live view. As the drone or the lens continues to move, dew-covered vegetation continues to reflect light towards the drone, so it seems as though the bright spot is moving as the drone or camera moves. Therefore, this is a natural phenomenon, and it is not a lens defect.
5-12 01:28
Use props
djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac
lvl.2
Slovakia

Thank you, is there any possibility to eliminate this unwanted effect using a polarizing filter?
5-13 09:28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac Posted at 5-13 09:28
Thank you, is there any possibility to eliminate this unwanted effect using a polarizing filter?

You can use an ND filter to try to improve it, but we hope you understand that this phenomenon is unavoidable. Thank you for understanding.
5-14 04:27
Use props
djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac
lvl.2
Slovakia

ND filters didn't help, I tried. Yes, I understand that it is a phenomenon of reflected light from the sun which is directly behind the back, or it would be reflection from the place where shadow of the drone is. I ordered polarizing filters, I think it might help, I'll try it.
5-14 04:51
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac Posted at 5-14 04:51
ND filters didn't help, I tried. Yes, I understand that it is a phenomenon of reflected light from the sun which is directly behind the back, or it would be reflection from the place where shadow of the drone is. I ordered polarizing filters, I think it might help, I'll try it.

Thanks for your understanding. Hope the issue can be optimized by the filter you purchased. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
5-16 03:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules