4139 6 2015-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lyriconii.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296690 ft
United States

Hey,
On the Inspire 1 aircraft settings page in the Go app is the settings for expo and braking etc. above the braking setting is an attitude setting. Can anyone explain that one?

Thanks.
2015-9-21
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Its explained here

2015-9-21
Use props
DNR 3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

I understand from watching this video and Simon Newton's video that "attitude" adjusts the overall responsiveness or what Skywolf007 calls "aggressiveness." And I can see from watching Simon Newton's video that it clearly controls the responsiveness with regard to pitch and roll or the right stick. My question is does it also control throttle and yaw too? I guess I can try to test it myself, but I was just curious. It seems confusing to me because "attitude" in general aviation means the orientation of the aircraft with regard to the horizon. And here it seems to be the responsiveness of the aircraft in general. My question is: Does the attitude adjustment affect only pitch and roll or does it control pitch, roll, throttle, and yaw?

Any info appreciated.
2016-4-29
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

DNR 3 Posted at 2016-4-30 00:32
I understand from watching this video and Simon Newton's video that "attitude" adjusts the overall r ...

When you test it, please let us know as I'm sure many of us would like to know.
2016-4-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skywolf007 Posted at 2015-9-21 04:23
Its explained here  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13bSzwwaf98

skywolf
Thank you for taking the time to explain these basics for noobs.

Your basic information is correct except the expo.  The expo adjusts the movement amount around the center. If you had no value put into the box (.0) this would be totally linear movement. Meaning you move the stick and the controls move 1 to 1.

The higher the positive number you put into the expo rate the softer the center feel and less movement around the center. (just like the graph shows you). once you leave the center then the control will exponentially move faster (more movement or control).

So Expo is to make the center control softer responding when you move the stick low number is faster movement and higher number is slower movement (only around the center of the stick travel).
exponentially definition
1.(with reference to an increase) more and more rapidly..

These controls help the pilot gain better control of the aircraft and softer movements will give you smoother video results.

Rich
2016-4-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-30 11:55
skywolf
Thank you for taking the time to explain these basics for noobs.

Rich, when you have a high number for ( above 50 ) Expo the Sticks Become MORE responsive   Near Neutral of the Sticks.  When you have a low Number the Sticks become LESS responsive .

Also at 50 is when you have linear Movement , If you were at 0 or let say 1 (you cant go that low on expo )  you would have no movement of the control surface  until the stick was almost touching the the side of the Gimbal Circle .  

Is that what you meant or am I Missing something.  

Above 50 More responsive to input.
Below 50 Less responsive to input .

Just trying to make sure I understand this as well, and I did test this on my aircraft servos.

donnie
2016-5-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

There are two types of Gain :
{1}"Basic Gains"  Is how much power the aircraft will utilize to get back to level  horizontal flight  and maintain altitude and position.  The purpose is when you are in winds and being pushed around, you want your aircraft to be steady, if it starts oscillating or Hunting you want to turn the gains down if it drifts you want to turn the gains up

***{2} The Attitude Gain  is how aggresively the aircraft  will react when there is stick movement involved to correct for these external forces, once again you want it to be smooth and not overpowered.  There is a sweet spot and it is unique for each pilots flying style.  

Basically lower setting numbers will have the aircraft be a bit mushy BUT it saves power  Higher settings make the Aircraft more aggressive and touchy and uses more power.

The 1st gain could be called " Auto gain ' , the aircraft responds to the  external forces with no input from pilot.
The 2nd gain could be called  'Pilot Gain  , the aircraft responds to the external  forces from the pilots commands .

EXPO

When you have a high number for ( above 50 ) Expo the Sticks Become MORE responsive   Near Neutral of the Sticks.  When you have a low Number the Sticks become LESS responsive .

Also at 50 is when you have linear Movement , If you were at 0 or let say 1 (you cant go that low on expo )  you would have no movement of the control surface  until the stick was almost touching the the side of the Gimbal Circle .  

Above 50 More responsive to input.
Below 50 Less responsive to input .

This is my understanding of Gains, Attitude,  Expo.

I hope this helps

***In red is the answer to your question , the rest is support material so you understand the overall concept involved .  

donnie

2016-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules