Weak controllor signal
12Next >
2431 68 2015-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rnclancaster
lvl.1

United States

After I get about 70ft, I get a weak controller signal. this just started yesterday. what needs to be done?
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try to rebind the tx, what type of smart device are you running ?  Please list os version of said device.
2015-9-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

what P3 r u using? S, A or P
2015-9-22
Use props
rnclancaster
lvl.1

United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-22 18:15
Try to rebind the tx, what type of smart device are you running ?  Please list os version of said de ...

I only had this for about a month now. I'm new at this. I have no clue what you mean, but it would be nice if you can tell me.
2015-9-22
Use props
rnclancaster
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-22 18:21
what P3 r u using? S, A or P

P3 Standard.
2015-9-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

is that in any location u fly or in one particular location?
2015-9-22
Use props
rnclancaster
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-22 18:27
is that in any location u fly or in one particular location?

Just at my house. Haven't tried another location yet.
2015-9-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

rnclancaster@at Posted at 2015-9-23 07:32
Just at my house. Haven't tried another location yet.

i would suggest going to an open field to try and test the range so we can see if it is the location or the hardware
2015-9-22
Use props
rnclancaster
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-22 18:35
i would suggest going to an open field to try and test the range so we can see if it is the locati ...

Ok. I will do that now and get back you with the results.
2015-9-22
Use props
espr3z
lvl.1

United States

Also have this same issue with a phantom 3 standard after the latest firmware.
2015-9-22
Use props
rnclancaster
lvl.1

United States

Same results!! This just started when I had to update the firmware and the DJI app.
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

How is your antenna oriented?  You want it something like this /. If you are directly above you, you want it more like this __. You never want the point of the antenna pointing directly at the craft.

If you are trying to fly in a congested area this will kill your range.. But 70' something isn't right.

I was able to almost get 2km in a clean environment..

image.jpg
2015-9-22
Use props
rnclancaster
lvl.1

United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-22 19:01
How is your antenna oriented?  You want it something like this /. If you are directly above you, you ...

I have my antenna pointed straight out. I gave me the best results when I got it but now, I'm trying every position and still no better.
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pointed straight out is not right.. You want it almost pointing straight up. What smart device are you running? Are you in a clean wifi environment?
2015-9-22
Use props
juanpaulofloren
lvl.2

Philippines

Does the device used affect the range?
2015-9-22
Use props
rnclancaster
lvl.1

United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-22 19:09
Pointed straight out is not right.. You want it almost pointing straight up. What smart device are y ...

Samsung Note4.
2015-9-22
Use props
rnclancaster
lvl.1

United States

I took this picture the day before this started. It was 635ft up.
2015-9-22
Use props
rnclancaster
lvl.1

United States

Guess I don't know how to post a picture here yet.
2015-9-22
Use props
rusty
lvl.1

United States

Read on another post where several owners were finding internal transmitter issues with the wires for the antennas. In one post the op opened the transmitter, found the broken wire and DJI wasn't going to warranty the fault because the op had opened the case. I would contact DJI and seek further guidance. Good luck.
2015-9-22
Use props
espr3z
lvl.1

United States

I was getting 800 to 900 meters in open areas till after the latest firmware.
2015-9-22
Use props
juanpaulofloren
lvl.2

Philippines

Had the same issue. I updated it though right after I purchased it (like 5days ago) so u have no history for comparison..
2015-9-22
Use props
rnclancaster
lvl.1

United States

So the firmware must be the problem.
2015-9-22
Use props
espr3z
lvl.1

United States

Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware on standard?
2015-9-22
Use props
dmsteen
lvl.1

Canada

espr3z Posted at 2015-9-23 09:17
Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware on standard?

I'm having the exact same issue on my P3P. Ive tried everything mentioned. Convinced it is the firmware. Ive got hours of video and numerous photos to indicate i was flying in the exact areas prior to the latest firmware. I can barely get 100 ft without getting signal issues now.
2015-9-22
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

The antenna should be PARALLEL to the P3.  Radiation is out the flat side of the blade.
2015-9-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Join the club fella's! Lot's of us dealing with this issue since the upgrade. DJI isn't responding to it. There are many other threads regarding this issue already.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,

Jerry
2015-9-22
Use props
Buckmaster
lvl.1

United States

I emailed DJI 2 days ago about this issue but hadn't heard back from them.
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

espr3z Posted at 2015-9-22 17:46
I was getting 800 to 900 meters in open areas till after the latest firmware.

Uninstall the app and reinstall.
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-22 21:11
Join the club fella's! Lot's of us dealing with this issue since the upgrade. DJI isn't responding t ...

Jerry -

Do you understand that these are two separate controls links, standard versus adv/pro?

Anytime a fw gets released people want to automatically blame the fw when they have issue. We had hundreds of beta tester test this last release. No one reported this. I'm running the current fw without issue across 3 different craft.

I would suggest to ask for help instead of thinking you know the answer, otherwise you're not helping yourself or anyone else.
2015-9-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-23 09:24
Jerry -

Do you understand that these are two separate controls links, standard versus adv/pro?

Blade,

Of course I do. Read my posts. You guys should get your communications in order. I don't typically blame the FW right away. If you read my posts, you'd see that I attempted many upgrades and downgrades before making the assumption that it had something to do with my equipment and the newer firmware. I spent days working on this issue and pouring through these threads before I came to that conclusion. All you need to do is look at the many threads that I provided and it's easy to conclude some sort of correlation. It obviously is occurring to a minority of users at this point but it is occurring to many. DJI Dave has acknowledged that there is a known issue and that it's being worked on. So now I'm confused, DJI Dave says there is a known issue and you say there isn't. So what is it? You don't need to answer, I know there is an issue based on my experience and the experiences of many others. IMHO, you should attempt to help your valuable customers, not try to chase them away.

Jerry
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jerry -

I'm sorry that you feel that we need to hunt down each post. We do are best to read each issue but if you truly want help you have to help us. You cant expect us to get read post without posting links:
This is what Dave said:
Currently HQ China is working on a new update. Therefore I would like to kindly ask you to have a little patience until it is released.

In the mentime you could try some of these trouble shooting tips.
Have you checked the ribbon connector from your gimble to your bird it could be loose.
Power cycle everything, controller, Phantom, phone/tablet
Try leaving the P3 and RC turned on unplug the usb shut down the app replug Usb and restart app.
Try uninstalling the App and reinstalling it.
Try downgrading the firmware.
Try to rebind the p3 to the controller. You push a button on the gimbal with a paper clip and then in the pilot app settings select "linking rc" after pushing the button on the P3. That should re sync them.

He didn't acknowledged any issue but that they are working on a new firmware. Did you do the above, all steps? What smart device are you running?

I'm sorry if you are feeling I'm trying to chase you away but you have replied in many different threads that had nothing to do with loss of signal. That right there is not good forum behavior.

You might think that many users have this issue but from what I can tell very few.. Most if not all are do to running iOS9, which is yet to be supported.

2015-9-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-23 09:41
Jerry -

I'm sorry that you feel that we need to hunt down each post. We do are best to read each is ...

Blade,

Really? Jeez, read the threads man!

Yes, I have tried all of those things and many more. As I stated, I've been working on this for 4-5 days now. I am fairly familiar with both the P2 and the P3 and have been able to resolve most of my issues with the help of other "customers" on this forum, not by help from DJI. Here's the post from DJI-Dave that acknowledges the issue:

34#

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-22 21:21
Flight,

"I've been trying to rouse them for the last 48 hours. They just aren't interested. Too bu ..."

Ok Jerry I just found your thread and looked through a bunch of your links. Right now all I have for you is
some general trouble shooting and that DJI is working on a fix.
You can read it in the other thread.
Really sorry you and others are having this trouble.

2015-9-23 02:55

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid225851

Sorry I bothered you Blade, no need to respond. You're of no help to me at all. Go "help" someone else.

Jerry
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jerry

Sorry that you feel that way, I will no longer reply to your post. Please do not try to derail other topics. Have a wonderful day!
2015-9-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-23 10:10
Jerry

Sorry that you feel that way, I will no longer reply to your post. Please do not try to dera ...

Never attempted to derail any other post. Just attempted to get some attention to a serious matter. You have a wonderful day, Blade!

Jerry
2015-9-23
Use props
espr3z
lvl.1

United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-23 09:21
Uninstall the app and reinstall.

Have tried with both a iphone 5s and galaxy s6 and have uninstalled and reinstalled app.
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What type of wifi environment are you in? Have you tried different locations?
2015-9-23
Use props
espr3z
lvl.1

United States

I have tried in an open bean field and outside my house  with open fields It gets weak signal even when it is on the fail safe return home when its just straight up from the control at 30m. I can try it in airplane mode tonight.
2015-9-23
Use props
espr3z
lvl.1

United States

I never lose video just controls
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Please post a picture on how you have your antenna oriented...

Thank you!
2015-9-23
Use props
espr3z
lvl.1

United States

It is normally at a 45 degree  I have tried it at 90 also  or straight out from the controller. I went back to the manual and used what it recommended.
2015-9-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules