Constant Beeping after failed firmware update
1580 9 2015-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulsheaves
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

[size=14.6667px]In a spot of bother folks!

[size=14.6667px]Tried updating my machine to firmware 1.3.2 because the advice is to do this before updating again to the all in one firmware 1.4.0010.

[size=14.6667px]However, the update failed a couple of times, and now all i get it this awful beeping on start up which sounds like the phantom is a ticking time bomb.[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Video is here:

[size=14.6667px]Can anyone help? - I have tried different batteries and SD cards, nothing...

[size=14.6667px]I am not sure what firmware I am currently on, it was a version before 1.3.2, i think possible 1.1 something.

2015-9-24
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just put the firmware on the SD card, power it on ( looks like the battery you have could do with charging ), and wait out the beeping..

Looking at the front of the gimbal..

If the light blinks RED/GREEN then its updating. Wait for it to go SOLID GREEN.
2015-9-24
Use props
boefletcher
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem with my P3 after the 1.4 update, have you had any luck? I let mine go for 40 minutes... nothing changed
2015-9-24
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

Make sure you have a fast enough SD card.
2015-9-24
Use props
ben_drone_P3
lvl.1

Canada

I have the same problem, the led on the board is a solid green but it does not seem to be updating.
2015-12-24
Use props
zfc101
New

United States

I'm having a very similar issue with my standard.  Incessant beeping -- solid green light on gimbal but nothing.  I've waited hours.  
2015-12-24
Use props
JbDrone
lvl.1

United States

I just got one for Christmas followed all directions and have the same problem. Mine did this right out of box. I spent 3 days trouble shooting with no luck. Tried different devices for app hook up, 4 fully charged batteries. Different memory cards and cable to computer several times for update. The light turned red like it was updating, but turned green within a few min. Reading how long it takes to upload says 25-30 min. I even kept the drone on for an entire length of a battery. None of this stopped the beeping. Not sure what to try next.  Is there a fix anyone knows of or should I send it back for a new one? Any help would be nice as this is my first drone.
2016-1-4
Use props
KiwiGuy
New

New Zealand

Did you get a fix for this? I have the same issue.
2016-1-27
Use props
haraldsson34
New

Sweden

JbDrone Posted at 2016-1-5 05:58
I just got one for Christmas followed all directions and have the same problem. Mine did this right  ...

I had the same problem.
Tried 50 times....but then i was lucky.

I took the SD card and formatted it on my PC.....right click then Format.
Be sure to format with FAT32 not FAT(standard)
It seemed to be wrong formatted by the quad.....

Hope this helps!
2016-2-7
Use props
nabzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 353310 ft

I had the same same problem when I just got my P3S I was using an android phone and failed twice . but when I done it from my iphone 6 it work one shot . try using another device
2016-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules