Carbon Fiber
1294 6 2015-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

Can these props be used http://www.drone-world.com/inspire-1-carbon-fiber-props for the inspire 1? My props are quick release but these are called
self tightening.

Or this option :
http://store.dji.com/product/1345-carbon-fiber-rotor-black-with-yellow-stripes?from=related_products

2015-9-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

we don't recommend to use 3rd party props, second option is the way to go
2015-9-25
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

The self tightening will NOT fit your QR mounting. There are other ones you can try but you have to find mounting plates also for them. Be aware there are two different motor types used for the inspire which need different mounting plates. You first need to know which motor type you have.

Almost any prop at 13 AND 14 inch can be used basically there are 3 groups.
1. the original DJI plastic props - everyone knows them
2. Low quality Carbon fiber props like Tarot which are not 100% balanced but only USD 25,- (4) if you order directly - double if you order at resellers
3. High quality Carbon Fiber like T-Motor which sell around USD 140,- (4)

Until now I didnt find real comparison tests.
Best thing is to carefully test and findout yourself, I cannot tell you which are better or not. Rumors say Tarot or T-Motor 14 inch lead to longer flight time, smoother flight, less noise BUT also less agility but I didnt test it myself now.

(With the self tightening ones I would be more careful if the locks fit and they cannot spin off.) Anyway if a shop explicitely sells it as for Inspire 1 you are on the safe side if anything happens you can sue them. DJI will gladly confirm you that DJI did not approve them

2015-9-25
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

Gotcha and thank you. I'll stick to whats working.
2015-9-25
Use props
lyriconii.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296690 ft
United States

Are the optio 2 props in the DJI store diffeent than the stock props that come with the inspire?  if so has an \y one used them? experiances?
thanks
2015-9-30
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

I have a few pair and I'm going to wait it out too and see if we get the release on the new locking props that came out with the pro version! Exciting to say the least.
2015-9-30
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

ibdronin Posted at 2015-10-1 00:14
I have a few pair and I'm going to wait it out too and see if we get the release on the new locking  ...

Latest when the QR mounting plates get weak with the time and Inspires start to fall from the sky they will probably send the new locking system to anyone for free. I will sure give it a try then.
2015-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules