Gimble clamps
910 8 2015-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

So I'm not sure how I did it, must had been tired or not paying attention, but I somehow installed the plastic clamps on all 4 sides of the gimble. How do I remove 2 of them?
2015-9-26
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

you need to snip the end and it then will come off
2015-9-26
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Jay,

I've been able to re-use them. Had to take my camera apart at one point. I took a small screwdriver about the size of an eyeglass driver. There are 4 small tabs on the lower plastic washer. Take the driver and lightly pry the tabs away from the plastic pin. Once you get them far enough away from the pin you can pull the lower washer off. As soon as you pull the washer off, push those tabs down towards the center, the way they were before you pried them outward. If you don't want them as spares, do as ray suggested and just snip them off!

Jerry
2015-9-26
Use props
EL SID
lvl.2

United States

Is there any issue keeping them on?
I put the other two on as well thinking they should be on.
2015-9-26
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

EL SID Posted at 2015-9-26 21:16
Is there any issue keeping them on?
I put the other two on as well thinking they should be on.

EL,

Probably not. I'd probably take them off. They're just on there to keep the camera from separating. The little white buffers are intended to allow the camera to "float", keeping down vibration and allowing for free movement. In this case, I think less is better. That's my two cents.

Jerry
2015-9-26
Use props
noticon75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14698 ft

United States

I don't know if I would reuse them as cheap as they are I'd just keep several as spare instead of chancing on a couple hundred dollar camera.
2015-9-26
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-26 21:25
EL,

Probably not. I'd probably take them off. They're just on there to keep the camera from separ ...

The reason why I was asking was because one of my video's last week at a "shaking" in it that I've never noticed before.  I'm "assuming" it was caused by this as I thought I read somewhere it could cause shaking if we had all 4 of the "clamps" on it.  Thanks all for the replies.  I'll just snip them and order some more.
2015-9-26
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Just push the washer further down the main pin so it pushes the tabs out then push the washer off of the pin,,the tabs on the washer will reset themselves after a minute or so.
2015-9-27
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-27 14:04
The reason why I was asking was because one of my video's last week at a "shaking" in it that I've ...

You can pull them off using your fingernails they can be reused.
2015-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules