Bricked Inspire 1, Has enybody ever seen this ...
1111 2 2015-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zeffa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 775308 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I was on a job 2 days ago with 2 Inspires. I flew both on Saturday with no problems. Cleaned, checked and charged them Saturday night for shooting on Sunday. Got up Sunday morning and went to start one, it came out of transport mode ok, but wouldent initialize and had no flashing RGB light. It just beeps. See video.

I thought, thats ok, I'll just grab the backup Inspire and use that ... um ... no, the back up is doing exactly the same thing !

The only comon demoninator I can think of that may have effected both Inspires is enviromental. We were filming an offroad race and it was very dusty. Another factor could be viabration. We were traveling between locations in a chase vehicle at high speed on very rough roads, but the Inspires were in their cases and we had 5 other cameras on board that were all ok.

I have run out of ideas and confidence in DJI, I guess they are off to China ... AGAIN !!!
2015-9-28
Use props
lyriconii.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296690 ft
United States

I had that happen. Reformat your memory card on a computer and drop the firmware file on it again. It will beep like that for a while but will be redoing the firmware update. This last one included mother updates and in the release notes they said you could get mother sound. It's the motors you are hearing. It will be beeping during the update. Listen to the camera. You should hear the DDDD update sound follower in several minutes by the D_DD Sound. The motors will stop the beeping during the cycle.
This worked for me.
2015-9-29
Use props
jaharrell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15417 ft
United States

This happened to me because I had inserted an SD card with an older firmware .BIN file into the camera without realizing that the older file was there.
I removed the SD card and replaced it with one that had the latest .BIN file. The I1 continued to sound that alarm for a while but then apparently updated itself.
2015-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules