P3A Out of Box Setup
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaredsanders88
New

United States

Purchased and recieved my Phantom 3 Advance 3 days ago. I have spent the past 72 hours reading forums all over the web. It has made my head nearly explode. After reading all the different opinions and views I now feel even more lost than when I started. I figured I would just start my own thread with my own questions and see if that gets me anywhere. This community seems very helpful and experienced so hopefully you guys can help me out! I am sure some of these questions will be dumb ones so please, be gentle lol. Just some general info on what I am using here. I have a Phantom 3 Advanced, iPhone 6 Pllus (9.0.1 Version) and a Dell Laptop. Thanks in advance for any and all help you guys can give me. I am very eager to get in the sky but must wait for better weather and figure out what I am doing.
Does the SD card come already inserted into the SD slot ont he camera? I cannot find it anywhere else in the box and could not figure out how to eject it if it is in the SD slot already.
Should I update my iPhone to 9.0.2 or just leave it where it is? I've read a lot of content over the current apple update messing with the DJI app.
Firmware--Should I download the latest firmware update? Seems like 75% of people have problems with it and the remaining people have no glitches at all.
This is the link I planned on using when updating my firmware http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... .45178/#post-416452
In your opinion would this be an acceptable link to follow or are there better ones out there?

2015-10-3
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on your new Phantom

To answer your questions above:

- Some people are having trouble with running the DJI GO app on iOS 9. Since you already have 9 installed, it would be fine to upgrade to 9.0.2.

- The memory card should be installed in your camera. Push it in a bit and it'll eject.

- The current firmware is working just fine for most people. You'll want to use these instructions instead though:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -using-dji-go.50065
2015-10-3
Use props
batmanreturn
lvl.1

Singapore

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-10-4 00:11
Congrats on your new Phantom

To answer your questions above:

To be precise, the SD card is a 16GB card and its already inserted into the mainboard above the camera.
2015-10-4
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Whew!  Take a deep breath fella and don't panic! You don't have to absorb EVERYTHING before you take your first flight!

DJI has some instructional videos that you can look at that will answer a lot of your questions http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/video  (kind of a smarmy presenter but don't let that throw you off)  Get familiar with the manual and each firmware update includes a pdf file curiously entitled "How_to_Update_Firmware_en.pdf"  If you've still got questions after that the forum is open 24/7.  (you can breath normally now)
2015-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules