"Weak RC Signal" when only a few feet from my P3P
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDLVphantom
lvl.1

United States

I have received a "Weak RC Signal" serval times when I am only a few feet away (less than 10') - both with the previous version and the latest version of firmware (v 1.4).

Anyone know how this can be?  Having same issue?  Have a solution to this?

Thanks!

2015-10-3
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha JDLVphantom,

That happens to me to occasionally, but I just restart everything (including the iOS or Android device) - reboot so-to-speak - and it starts working.  Do your tablet (or phone) first and wait until it is completely operational.  Then start the remote controller so DJI Go will load.  If DJI Go does not load automatically - solve that problem.  Once you are stabilized on the white screen asking you to connect to the P3, then turn on the quad.  The flight screen should display.  Look or scroll to the bottom for the SD card and see if it gives the Format option.  If you can format the card do so - it can only help because the P3 consults the card regularly and formatting is very fast.  If you cannot format the SD card because it is not displayed, you need to reboot again all the way back to the iOS or Android device like before.  Keep doing this four or five times or until it works.  

These are all micro computers (device, RC and P3) and they all have to get linked.  The only way they can re-link is by rebooting and you have no idea where the problem is so you always have to start at the beginning and observe anything out of the ordinary.

This is the worst case scenario.  You may also just be too close to a metal object or operating electrical equipment.  I kept forgetting and would start my P3 for testing next to my operating desk fan.  I always got the Weak RC Signal.  Once when flying near a piece of heavy equipment, the metal messed with my compass and RC signal.  I almost crashed.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-3
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

being to close can overload the receiver front end and give poor signal, this is normal behaviour for any radio, you need 10ft minimum
2015-10-3
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mad_Angler1,

Good advice.  I will remember that.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-3
Use props
JDLVphantom
lvl.1

United States

Cetaman Posted at 2015-10-3 15:19
Aloha JDLVphantom,

That happens to me to occasionally, but I just restart everything (includin ...

Thanks!!  Will start doing that.

2015-10-4
Use props
JDLVphantom
lvl.1

United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2015-10-3 15:38
being to close can overload the receiver front end and give poor signal, this is normal behaviour fo ...

Thanks!  Will keep that in mind
2015-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules