Motors won't start - Beeping sound
3404 16 2015-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deep matrix
lvl.1

United States

Hi I have a problem with phantom 3 professional. I just flew it yesterday no problems at all. Today i tried flying it and put in a new SD card. When i booted up it said there was an IMU error and to calibrate IMU. Everything looked normal except for the error and it would not let me start motors.  So i turned it off and put in the original SD card that was purchased with it. The IMU error went away but it was just beeping - not a continuous long beep, but a beep with a little pause in between. Still won't let me start motors and i tried calibrating IMU but the buttons are grayed out and won't let me push them. Have gone back and forth between cards and formatted both cards and still won't stop beeping and/or let me start motors. No lights are flashing at all on the aircraft as well. It seemingly has been caused by this other micro SD card, but not sure.
Please help as i need to fly this week!

Firmware is all up to date:

app 2.3.0
RC 1.4.30
Aircraft 1.4.10

2015-10-22
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14451480 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Is there a firmware update file on the memory card? Then format the card and reboot.
2015-10-22
Use props
Deep matrix
lvl.1

United States

both cards are fully formatted and it still beeps and motors won't start.  But i think part of the issue is that the SD card that i swapped into it originally did have a firmware update file on the card. Problem is it won't stop beeping now and motors won't start? any ideas....should i try re-updating with firmware?
2015-10-23
Use props
Deep matrix
lvl.1

United States

so for some reason the IMU is completely greyed out....i can't calibrate or access IMU ...everything is completely normal and accessible
2015-10-23
Use props
tmygun1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Deep matrix Posted at 2015-10-23 14:34
so for some reason the IMU is completely greyed out....i can't calibrate or access IMU ...everything ...

What happens when you star mobile device and RC and then start the P3 without an SD card?  The SD card is not necessary to start and fly the P3..

Sounds like some sort of Firmware corruption.
2015-10-23
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

re update and wait 10 or 15 minutes even if its beeping.
You will hear the gimbal noise of upgrading.
if everything goes ok, the beeps will stop during the update.
2015-10-23
Use props
Deep matrix
lvl.1

United States

firm ware is up to date....i am not trying to update at all. even without card it beeps.....i have a feeling the IMU went out somehow....totally sucks...if you have any other ideas let me know. thanks!
2015-10-23
Use props
Deep matrix
lvl.1

United States

Swedrone Posted at 2015-10-23 00:05
Is there a firmware update file on the memory card? Then format the card and reboot.

both cards are fully formatted and it still beeps and motors won't start.  But i think part of the issue is that the SD card that i swapped into it originally did have a firmware update file on the card. Problem is it won't stop beeping now and motors won't start? any ideas....should i try re-updating with firmware?
2015-10-23
Use props
Deep matrix
lvl.1

United States

tmygun1 Posted at 2015-10-23 12:44
What happens when you star mobile device and RC and then start the P3 without an SD card?  The SD  ...

firm ware is up to date....i am not trying to update at all. even without card it beeps.....i have a feeling the IMU went out somehow....totally sucks...if you have any other ideas let me know. thanks!
2015-10-23
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Deep matrix Posted at 2015-10-24 05:38
firm ware is up to date....i am not trying to update at all. even without card it beeps.....i hav ...

Try to reset then recalibrate everything. Removing and reinstalling the app. And so on.
2015-10-23
Use props
Deep matrix
lvl.1

United States

Swedrone Posted at 2015-10-24 00:46
Try to reset then recalibrate everything. Removing and reinstalling the app. And so on.

still beeping. All the IMU options are grayed out...like it's not responding. Even under sensors the recalibration of the IMU is grayed out...won't let me do it. Is my IMU fried..

I was going to try and reinstall firmware again, but have a feeling something is going on with IMU. Thoughts?
2015-10-24
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Deep matrix Posted at 2015-10-24 20:06
still beeping. All the IMU options are grayed out...like it's not responding. Even under sensors t ...

What device are you using and what OS level?A boring theory would be a hardware failure under the warranty

2015-10-24
Use props
Deep matrix
lvl.1

United States

Swedrone Posted at 2015-10-24 11:44
What device are you using and what OS level?A boring theory would be a hardware failure under the w ...

using the latest iOS for my iPhone 6s....the crappy thing is i actually had to send it in prior for some work...so this would be the second time....i'm kinda feeling it's just a botched IMU...not responding to anything
2015-10-25
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Deep matrix Posted at 2015-10-25 02:06
still beeping. All the IMU options are grayed out...like it's not responding. Even under sensors t ...

matrix,
  What are the actual sensor values shown?
2015-10-25
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

Just a thought , has a no fly zone been added that could prevent motor start?
2015-10-25
Use props
Deep matrix
lvl.1

United States

jack1144 Posted at 2015-10-25 21:41
Just a thought , has a no fly zone been added that could prevent motor start?

wow that would be a game changer....hope that never happens....no i actually figured it out...i just had to reload firmware and did update again and it worked....still feels kind of finicky...always concerned something might go wrong before a shoot.
2015-10-28
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

Great. Glad you got it.
2015-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules