Quick Release Prop Guards
893 4 2015-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jasalvo
New

United States

I have OEM prop guards. Purchased a new case. Phamtom 3 won't fit with the gurads on. Can someone suggest a quick release system for my DJI quards?
Thanks
2015-10-29
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Do a google search for Summitlink Snap On/off Prop Guards and you'll find a bunch of different places to buy.

2015-10-30
Use props
rmeyers
lvl.2

United States

Be careful of the cheap snap on prop guards, I put a set on my p3 and on the third flight one of the middle struts broke at the root and came into the prop causing a crash. Luckily for me there was a very small amount of damage.  
2015-10-30
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

AerialFreaks ....... I like the fact they do not require removing motor screws, they are molded not 3d printed and fit very snug. I bought a set but have used only once and removed as I do not fly in doors or over people.

I had first bought a set of the Summitlink but they were a pain to quick release because the tabs were so small it was difficult to squeeze them together.

I would suspect they all come with pros and cons

Firebolt has serious spec, fit and finish issues. (3d printed)

afterdarkled.com are OK, (also 3d printed) but not as snug as the molded AerialFreaks.

Do your homework and get as much feedback as you can.
2015-10-31
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

No problem with Summitlink for me.  I wish I had had them on for my one and only accident.  It may not have happened.
2015-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules