Is there such a Quad?
1334 7 2014-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
silver182
lvl.1

United States

Liketo know if there is a Quad / five / six  that comes RTF..out of box, GPSguided, GPS controlled w/memory recording of last/ several flight(s) point topoint,  5.4gig / best range, 20-25min fight time, multi axis flightstabilization for easy fight / crash proof?, HD camera / wide angle, vib-dampened,transmitter mode  II,  "Won't break the bank"  ??
Myexperience: Long time fixed wing / turbine rated AMA member.  Replyhere & or Silver182@aol.com direct.

Thanks

2014-12-21
Use props
humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

I'm gonna say no that there isn't any quad that fits the bill, some of it, but not all.

My Hanger
Phantom 2 w/H3-3D gimbal & GoPro Hero3+, 600mw 5.8vtx w/VAS BB Ultra, Large Skids
Phantom 2 w/600tvl, 400mw 1.3 vtx w/VAS BB Ultra, 2.4 Notch Filter, V2 ESC's, MultiStar 2212 Motors, FrSky X6R, Custom Skids
Lumenier QAV250 Carbon on 4S, Cobra 2204/1960 Motors, KISS 18a ESC's, Angled/Extended Mounts, CC3D, FrSky D4R-II, Mobius (almost done!)
Hubsan X4 Stock mini racer, Hubsan X4107D Non FPV(now) racer project, Taranis X9D w/external Antenna & 2200mah lipo, Dominator V2 goggles
2014-12-21
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Most of the current crop of upper level ($1000 +) multi-copters are likely to be more "crash-proof" than the other R/C models you have experience with....as long as the GPS and stabilization electronics are functioning correctly and receiving the appropriate signals. Since that only happens most of the time, I don't think you're going to find any truly "crash-proof" R/C aircraft - multicopter or otherwise.

Otherwise, what you're describing is not too far off from at least a few different models, but likely the Phantom 2 Vision Plus is pretty close to the top of that list.
2014-12-21
Use props
silver182
lvl.1

United States

Thanks 710 & cool...I will first start out with a fly-by-seat of pants cheaper / smaller version, to get the feel of the technology. Then jump to the high end platform.  Looked over the Inspire1 healthy pricing, good tec. info. Does any Phantom version include with software the capability of flying a previously flown stored flight..correcting for wind variables during the stored re-run flight?

Example: From say my backyard do a flight..between the trees form takeoff point, following a course necessary to clear any obstacles. Then fly to point A, B, C...and return clearing the obstacles on the return to takeoff point. Store that flight for reflight any other time, day / night wind or not? Is this possible with the state of technology available?

Thanks for your previous replies my statement of crash proof was I understand totally dependent upon all systems working properly. Hey, remember our shuttle problems with the best of our best working with the latest best technology possible at that time.
2014-12-28
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

silver182 Posted at 2014-12-28 22:57
Thanks 710 & cool...I will first start out with a fly-by-seat of pants cheaper / smaller version, to ...

With the Phantom, you can set multiple waypoints, altitude at each waypoint. You can then push one button and it will take off and fly the mission while you have a seat and smoke a cigar. When it returns home, you just push "Land", and it will come down at your feet.
2014-12-28
Use props
kev.caine
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MacCool Posted at 2014-12-29 00:19
With the Phantom, you can set multiple waypoints, altitude at each waypoint. You can then push one ...

In theory, or maybe some of the time - yes..... but I wouldn't take my eye off the ball (ever), or trust the inbuilt hi-tech to not "temp or perm fail / drop out / screw up", I have experienced it myself, as have many many others who post here and on other boards.

IMHO!
2014-12-28
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

No such thing as a crash proof quad. Not even close.

Mil-spec quads which are a little bigger than a Phantom cost 15-20K and I suppose even those are not crash proof. Maybe they have a higher degree of reliability when properly maintained and flown.
2014-12-28
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2014-12-29 02:19
No such thing as a crash proof quad. Not even close.

Mil-spec quads which are a little bigger than ...

You bet they do. At a HUGE cost in R&D, maintenance, and system redundancy.

Our consumer-grade hobby quads with their non-redundant consumer-grade electronics..."crash-proof" just ain't gonna happen.

2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules