Awful Support Staff and faulty product
2804 20 2014-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulsheaves
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi there,

I am pretty upset with DJI as a whole im afraid, I really hope that this post gets to stay on the forum (I promise not to swear!) as it is now the last thing i feel i can do before going to to my lawyer. I am referring to a PV2+.

I love their product (when it works). I loved it so much, when I crashed my first one (complete pilot error which I accept) I bought a second one at full price. I think that says a lot DJI... but you don't seem to treat your customers very well as I will explain below.

Total money spent on DJI products and accessories currently totals approximately £3000.

My second PV2+, however, was faulty and DJI refuses to replace it - shocking thing is, instead of doing the right thing, they offered me 30% off on a new one in an attempt to sell me another PV2+ - I dont think they understand the concept that a faulty product should be replaced. Some would say that's cheeky, I say it's damn right rude and not providing a replacement or a refund for a faulty product is possibly against my customer rights?

My drone broke in the sky, around 3-5m above ground level whilst coming into land, we heard a "pop" almost like a light bulb bursting, and then the controls were no longer working properly and the drone crash landed into the sea. It very narrowly missed myself and friend with propeller blades coming very close to us. I am not an engineer, but to me, it would seem that there was some sort of electrical shortage at the moment of the "pop", which shouldn't have happened as at this point the drone was in the sky on a fine warm day.

I don't doubt it has severe water damage from it's landing, and I can see scorched burn marks from a hole near the camera (were these there before or after wet landing, I am not sure). I am not a professional, but I am 100% sure its a right off, my first one was a right off for far less damage. Irrelevant of whether it is a right off or not, I would like a full refund for what is obviously a faulty (and dangerous) product.

I live in Dubai, and drove 2 hours away to the nearest dealer where I also bought the drone, where I was told there was nothing they could do, without DJI's say so. They told me to contact "support@dji.com".

So I email DJI - there is no DJI United Arab Emirates, so I have to email Hong Kong (Asia).

I get replies in broken English, but the jist of the conversation was that they will not replace the faulty product unless I can send them video proof of the accident. I explained that I did not have this (didn't have camera running at the time as was coming in to land), but that I do have an eye witness to the whole accident who is willing to provide a statement to whoever needs it. I also provided them a picture of the scorch marks. This appears to be not enough.

At first they offered me 25% off a new one. I was insulted by this, it was almost as if they simply dismissed my email completely and simply wanted to make more money out of me. I wrote again, explaining that I did not want a new one, and that I wanted a replacement/refund. Their reply? - Unbelievably they now were offering me 30% off a new one whilst dismissing my claims and refusing to offer a replacement/refund.

Is this how DJI treats their customers?

Many emails back and forth since, with normally around 3-5 days inbetween each one (slooooowwww). It has been almost 3 weeks, and I am no closer to when I started. It is possibly the slowest and most frustrating after sales service I have ever received for any product I have ever bought. Even the UAE is not normally this bad, and the UAE, is generally very bad for after sales service!

Today I put £25 Skype credit on my account to make an international call to the company in Hong Kong, which was greeted with extremely broken English and a faulty line. They noted my phone number, but I have not heard from them since.

So here I am! I have no idea what to do next?

Please could anyone from DJI support/admin/forum help me on this matter?

I am willing to provide my phone number and email to any private message I may receive.

Many thanks to all who read this, and I really hope DJI can see sense on this matter and offer a refund or at worst a replacement.

Paul

2014-9-23
Use props
peter
New

Australia

I am very upset as well. My Phantom2 was faulty, it failed to land when the connection was lost with the controller. Last I saw of it it was flying towards the bay. I got no sympathy and no compensation:@
2014-9-23
Use props
paulsheaves
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Peter, were you contacting Hong Kong as well or a different area of support?

I am really hoping that  DJI official comments on our posts here.

It is completely unacceptable to have such shoddy support staff; clearly this company is selling these drones at a rate of knots, they are becoming more and more popular, and as a result DJI is making a hell of a lot of money.

I wish they would invest some of this money into their customer support as at the moment their support staff clearly cannot cope and do not know the basics of keeping a long term customer happy.
2014-9-23
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

China

Hi, Paul, Sorry for the loss. Did you send back the phantom back for checking? Our technician need to diagnose. If it is the product defect, we will make it right for you.

Our HK office has no service team there, but sending/receiving packages. If you have any issues, you can contact 4007-000-303.
2014-9-23
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

China

peter@kmetrics. Posted at 2014-9-24 12:49
I am very upset as well. My Phantom2 was faulty, it failed to land when the connection was lost with ...

Peter, May I know what's your location and did you contact DJI for support?
2014-9-23
Use props
paulsheaves
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Terry,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I haven't been allowed to send the product back for checking - the dealer said they will do nothing without DJI's say so, and DJI are saying that they will not replace it or refund it, they have never suggested me sending it to them.

Could you please let me know which country that number is based in? - I need to know as I make international calls via Skype.

The issue here is that the drone is 100% a right off, it has sea water damage. BUT, the sea water damage was only caused by something else first that made the drone crash land into sea water.

Many thanks,

Paul

2014-9-24
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

China

No worry, Paul, we will take care of your case.
The number is based on China Mainland, we have a support team here. I will have my colleague email you. Thanks.
2014-9-24
Use props
peter
New

Australia

DJI-Terry Posted at 2014-9-24 15:54
Peter, May I know what's your location and did you contact DJI for support?

yes, Australia is my location. I contacted them and they passed me on to contact the HK support (or lack there of)
2014-9-24
Use props
peter
New

Australia

paulsheaves@hot Posted at 2014-9-24 15:33
Peter, were you contacting Hong Kong as well or a different area of support?

I am really hoping tha ...

Initially I contacted Australia who redirected me to HK. The responses I got from them did not address my issue that it was faulty and they stopped responding. Under Australian consumer law I am entitled to a refund for a faulty product, but how do I prove it was faulty when it flew away, at a constant altitude?
2014-9-24
Use props
paulsheaves
lvl.1
United Kingdom

peter@kmetrics. Posted at 2014-9-25 09:45
Initially I contacted Australia who redirected me to HK. The responses I got from them did not add ...

Similar problem to me,

HK are saying that because I cannot prove that it was a fault BEFORE it wet crash landed they will not refund.

Its like taking an apple back to a supermarket and saying it was rotten, but the supermarket demanding to see the maggot.

I have no maggot, but in a supermarket my apple would be replaced.

Same principal in my book, and I am sure, just like you, that I am entitled to a refund under consumer law.

HK have now given me an address to send the broken drone to. I guess thats more money out of my pocket as will have to FEDEX it... if it comes back with them saying "you have water damage there is nothing we can do" I will be even more fuming than I am now!!
2014-9-24
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

China

peter@kmetrics. Posted at 2014-9-25 08:47
yes, Australia is my location. I contacted them and they passed me on to contact the HK support (o ...

Peter, pls PM your email address. Thanks.
2014-9-24
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

China

paulsheaves@hot Posted at 2014-9-25 14:38
Similar problem to me,

HK are saying that because I cannot prove that it was a fault BEFORE it we ...

Hey, Paul, let's see it in the better and brighter way, I do hope to help you out.

Remember to email the tracking number when it's done. Thanks.
2014-9-24
Use props
paulsheaves
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2014-9-24
Use props
paulsheaves
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Terry Posted at 2014-9-25 15:44
Hey, Paul, let's see it in the better and brighter way, I do hope to help you out.

Remember to  ...

Hi Terry,

I have a problem...

I have been quoted £150 ($230) to ship the drone to Hong Kong...

Do you have any advice? - If I spend this and they refuse to replace then I would have wasted £150!
2014-9-25
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

China

paulsheaves@hot Posted at 2014-9-25 16:00
Hi Terry,

I have a problem...

Paul, how could I let you down?

I will pay you by myself the shipping cost in that case. You have my words.
2014-9-25
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

China

paulsheaves@hot Posted at 2014-9-25 16:00
Hi Terry,

I have a problem...

No worry. Just send it in. Thanks.
2014-9-27
Use props
paulsheaves
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Terry Posted at 2014-9-28 08:46
No worry. Just send it in. Thanks.

Hi Terry,

Will let you know when i've sent it away. I dont seem to be able to private message you, so apologies for having to post here again.

Paul
2014-9-27
Use props
bburu
New

Turkey

I feel how you feel paul look at my post
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... %3D11%26typeid%3D11
2014-9-29
Use props
DanBennett
New

United States

My PV2 with zenmuse crashed landed when the power just quit. It was operating with both red and dark green lights which indicates adequate power. All lights went off and it dropped straight down into a tree and then onto a house roof. Recovered the unit removed and hen reinstalled battery even though the zenmuse was destroyed and it powered up with two bars on the the battery showing green. Recharged the battery and then tested the unit at about three feet hovering altitude and the unit quit without any warning from lights to say the battery is low. Once again removed and reinstalled battery and it lit up with two bars. B&H authorized a return of the quad and zenmuse back some 8 weeks ago and they will not give any indication as to when it will be repaired. Contact info?
2014-9-30
Use props
opendoor499
lvl.1

Australia

your a good man terry....DJI ,should be paying you more.
2016-9-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

opendoor499 Posted at 2016-9-5 17:17
your a good man terry....DJI ,should be paying you more.

Crikey, that thread is nearly two years old, it is a zombie, why are you resurrecting it?

Terry probably left DGI a year ago and is now running his own drone company....
2016-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules