Always take pictures of the same location
12815 27 2015-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbtbrasil
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi, Im brasilian! My names Marcelo!I'm using google translator to help me.

I have read a lot about the drone, but have not found a precise information.

The company has purchased the drone, but I am getting ahead of myself and studying. We intend to follow the works of the company, taking pictures to record. But one thing would be very interesting too, and here's my question:

There is a feature in Phantom 3 Professional, which enables taking pictures always the same location? And even more. With the drone positioned and pointing at the same angle?

I know that the GPS will not give me an absolute precision, though, if the position for almost the same, it would be excellent.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance!

2015-11-18
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

I *think* what you are looking for is 'waypoints'.  This is part of the latest firmware.
2015-11-18
Use props
bill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13946959 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Marcelo,
I do the same type of work for my company. One thing I have done to have consistent photographs is use the Point of Interest feature. I center it on a building under construction, set the POI at the same altitude every time, and then fly out to a set distance to set the radius. Then I start the feature, and record a 360 degree video. Using Adobe Lightroom, I am able to then capture individual frames from the video to get the exact same shots over time. I can also use the video for construction updates and presentations. Here is an example:
Good luck!
Bill
2015-11-18
Use props
mbtbrasil
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello Spider, hello Bill!

I've read about the "Waypoints" and POI but my impression is that they are features specific to video.

Bill,
The POI feature will be very useful for us and I already have big plans for him. However, if there is a feature such as:

---
Go with the drone up to a point, point the camera at the subject and made the shot. At this point, I would press certain function and save that point. On another day, I just would click on this item and then the drone would go there and I would only work shooting.
---

But anyway, so I start using drone, I try to use the resources that you have indicated. They will be very useful!

Thank you!
2015-11-18
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

^^^^ That actually would sound like a cool feature
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,Marcelo
Your idea is brilliant . We've already been able to shoot  at same action by the "Waypoint" ,but you'll have to  adjust the angle by yourself .
2015-11-18
Use props
mbtbrasil
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello Mickey and Patrick!
My idea, should be the need of many.

The company where I work, has works throughout Brazil and Brazil is a very big country. I have to organize myself to make all these photos and, from time to time back to local and redo the photos.

I'm a professional photographer. Next week I will seek the drone and start testing. I promise to be frequent here.

Hugs!
(thanks to GoogleTranslator)
2015-11-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

mbtbrasil Posted at 2015-11-18 14:10
Hello Spider, hello Bill!

I've read about the "Waypoints" and POI but my impression is that they ar ...

If you do a waypoint mission and save it, then you can fly that mission over and over again.  You do not have to shoot video on a waypoint flight.  You can take still shots.  So program a flight to the altitude and location you want, take your picture and fly that mission over and over.  Set a home point near the location, set one point at the altitude you want to shoot from, take your still shot, land.  Repeat flight when necessary.
2015-11-20
Use props
mbtbrasil
lvl.1

Brazil

nrgwise Posted at 2015-11-21 03:03
If you do a waypoint mission and save it, then you can fly that mission over and over again.  You d ...

Yes, very interesting.

I was thinking about something. Set for example only one point on the waypoint and reuse as necessary.
2015-11-20
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Marcello - if you use the IOS App called "AutoPilot" from Autoflight Logic you can accomplish this for Still Photography easily using the "Zip Line" feature.  Zip Line will let you define two coordinates (xyz) and the Phantom will fly a path between them while keeping the camera (yaw and tilt) pointed at a third point.  So you would set a point above you and the end point at the location of where you want the photograph taken.  Set the location of the focus object (the object to photograph), then let the Phantom fly the path to the end point.  At that time it will hover at a location with the camera pointed at your subject.  You could record these points and then fly the same path each day and then take photographs from the same vantage point every day.
2015-11-20
Use props
mbtbrasil
lvl.1

Brazil

boxerman Posted at 2015-11-21 05:02
Marcello - if you use the IOS App called "AutoPilot" from Autoflight Logic you can accomplish this f ...

HI Boxerman!!!!!!!

Your tip seems to be the solution! It allows me to set the XYZ location and also allows to record the points.

I will use the iphone 5c to operate. Unfortunately, here in Brazil an iPad is too expensive, but would be ideal.

So I make the first tests, post here. I promise!

Thanks a lot for the help!

Tchau!!!

2015-11-21
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

mbtbrasil Posted at 2015-11-20 09:21
Yes, very interesting.

I was thinking about something. Set for example only one point on the wayp ...

Aloha Marcelo,

The other people did not say the Phantom 3 Professional can record 4K video.  

You can use the "Waypoints" feature the other people wrote about.  You can make a simple square (or other shape) with GPS in the air (around your location).  You can make the Waypoint have a special altitude - every time.  The camera can always point where you want it aimed, automatically.  The Phantom 3 can do this, the same, many times.

The 4K video (in the air) will produce thousands of "extremely" high quality photos.  You can zoom in to a photo for a closer look (if you want it).  The video editing software will need a photo export feature.  Some video players (like PowerDVD) have a zoom that can work when you play the video.

We can help (with Google translator).  Write a "copy" of your post in Portuguese so we can compare.  We Google translate Portuguese.  You Google translate English.  Compare and question.  Maybe that can help (if difficult).

Aloha and Drone On!
Aloha Marcelo,

As outras pessoas não disse o fantasma 3 Professional pode gravar vídeo de 4K.

Você pode usar o recurso de "Waypoints" as outras pessoas escreveram sobre.  Você pode fazer um quadrado simples (ou outra forma) com GPS no ar (em torno de sua localização).  Você pode fazer o Waypoint têm uma altitude especial - todas as vezes.  A câmera sempre pode apontar onde deseja que pretendia-se, automaticamente.  3 o fantasma pode fazer isso, o mesmo, muitas vezes.

O K-4 vídeo (no ar) irá produzir milhares de fotos de alta qualidade "extremamente".  Você pode ampliar para uma foto de perto (se quiser).  O software de edição de vídeo vai precisar de um recurso de exportação de foto.  Alguns players de vídeo (como o PowerDVD) tem um zoom que pode funcionar quando você reproduzir o vídeo.

Nós podemos ajudar (com Google Tradutor).  Escreva uma "cópia" do seu post em Português, então podemos comparar.  Google traduzir Português.  Google traduzir Inglês.  Comparar e pergunta.  Talvez isso possa ajudar (se for difícil).  

Aloha e Drone On!
2015-11-21
Use props
mbtbrasil
lvl.1

Brazil

2015-11-21
Use props
mbtbrasil
lvl.1

Brazil

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-21 19:59
Aloha Marcelo,

The other people did not say the Phantom 3 Professional can record 4K video.  ...

Olá, Cetaman!

Vamos fazer assim então.

Eu sou fotógrafo profissional e editor de vídeo. Utilizo Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom e muitos outros programas tais como Corel Draw, 3dsmax para fazer minhas coisas, isso desde 1993, quando o CorelDraw por exemplo estava em sua versão embrionária (3.0 com 2 disquetes 3 1/2 polegadas para instalar).

Bem, como as imagens 4k são progressivas, realmente é possível pinçar frames 4k e assim obter fotos muito boas, porém, tal como já pude ler, o Phantom 3 Professional, faz imagens RAW. Atualmente, tiro fotos com a Canon t3i usando avião monomotor, helicópteros, ultraleves e, como as Canon fazem fotos RAW (arquivo CR2), obtenho fotos excelentes com qualidade máxima e ampla gama de brancos e pretos, me possibilitando tratar as imagens sem perda de qualidade.

Apenas para informar, caso vocês não saibam:
Uma imagem JPG é o que é, não possibilita tratamento de imagem. Qualquer que seja a alteração que você fizer, SEMPRE haverá perdas.

Uma imagem RAW, tal como diz o termo em inglês (RAW = CRU em português), não passou por processos de compactação e por isso, possibilita amplo tratamento antes de ser salva em JPG/JPEG.

Um abraço!

-------

Hello, Cetaman!

We do so then.

I'm a professional photographer and video editor. I use Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom and many other programs such as Corel Draw, 3dsmax to do my thing, that since 1993, when CorelDraw for example was in its embryonic version (3.0 to 2 disks 3 1/2 inches to install).

As well as 4K images are progressive, it really is possible to pinch 4k frames and thus obtain very good pictures, however, as I have already read, the Phantom 3 Professional, makes RAW images. Currently, take pictures with the Canon t3i using engine airplane, helicopters, microlights and as the Canon do RAW images (CR2 file), I get great shots with maximum quality and wide range of white and black, allowing me to treat the images without loss quality.

Only to inform if you do not know:
A JPG image is what it is, does not allow for image processing. Whatever changes you make, there will ALWAYS losses.

A RAW image as says the English term (RAW = CRU in Portuguese), has not undergone compression process and therefore enables extensive treatment before being saved in JPG / JPEG.

A hug!
2015-11-21
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Fala Xara,

Take a look at the lichi app.

I think it does that you want. It is called waypoints.

If you need to speak in Portuguese, add me as friend and PM.

Cheers.
2015-11-21
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mbtbrasil Posted at 2015-11-21 02:25
Olá, Cetaman!

Vamos fazer assim então.

Aloha Marcelo,

Wow, you are among friends here!  What you wrote has been discussed in many threads in this forum.   Have you started reading the manual?  It is available on the downloads page of the P3 P & A product page here at the DJI web site.  Unfortunately, it is only in English.  

You seem to have a very specific need for your flight patterns.  There are many here who can help you.  As for translation, your Google translator is doing very well.  No need to do cross translations unless you are having a problem understanding something.  I doubt that will happen.

BTW, I also use 3ds Max and have since it came on 3.5 inch floppies!  But, I am new to RAW and video editing.  All my video editing skill comes from 3ds Max.  I am thinking of moving up to Maya.  I will check to see if any of the video editing software I have pinches RAW images.  Somehow, I think GoPro might.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-21
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

i was just in Sao Paulo.  I would have loved taking a day to work out how to do this precisely for your needs.
2015-11-21
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mbtbrasil Posted at 2015-11-21 02:25
Olá, Cetaman!

Vamos fazer assim então.

Aloha Marcelo,

Your zip line idea is what used to be done with CourseLock from back in the Phantom 2 days.  The new DJI Waypoints now can do it even better.  The DJI Waypoints can set different altitudes for waypoints and if you place a waypoint at the middle of the zip line, line abreast of the "tree" and aimed  the camera at the tree, the autonomous camera operation in the mission will do a better and smoother job aiming at the tree than in the demonstration videos.  

The original DJI Waypoints did not change the pitch of the camera and left that to the operator.  I have not been able to test the new DJI Waypoints (with the wind and rain like this here in the jungle on Windward Oahu in Hawai'i) to see if that has been changed.  The only limitation is that the waypoints have to be 5 meters away from the previous and next waypoints both vertically and horizontally.  So if you go vertically, the waypoint has to be above or below the last waypoint by 5 meters.  This also applies in the diagonal dimension.

But if you need small increments, you can go back and forth and pile waypoints on top of each other as long as the previous and next waypoint is 5 meters away.  You can also go on all sides of the tree using this process up to 99 waypoints and 120 meters altitude (above the RC).  

When the rain and wind gets better, I will make a video for you to show how DJI Waypoints can be easier, more accurate and more stable than your demonstration videos.  It can also be used every day or so, or week or so to show work progress on a job.  

Using burst shooting (3/5/7 frames per sec.) for RAW, high resolution images at the photopoints will allow you to choose the images that best match the chronology of the project.  One benefit is; if you think there has been a problem or error, you can simply run the same mission again.  Just put in a new battery.  This can all be done with the "stock" P3 Professional you will be using.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-21
Use props
mbtbrasil
lvl.1

Brazil

Paniza Posted at 2015-11-21 23:21
Fala Xara,

Take a look at the lichi  app.

hahaha, you call Marcelo too ?? Nice !
I'll wait to get their hands on drone to see the DJI application waypoint, but apparently this application is very good!
I would rather write in Portuguese, but go with the majority. No problem!
A hug!!!
2015-11-21
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

mbtbrasil Posted at 2015-11-21 18:51
hahaha, you call Marcelo too ?? Nice !
I'll wait to get their hands on drone to see the DJI applic ...

Yes, I'm Marcelo as well.

I'm was born and raised in SP but live in Toronto for almost two decades.

PM is ok for Portuguese but as respect for everybody else, only English in the forum.

Cheers!
2015-11-21
Use props
mbtbrasil
lvl.1

Brazil

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-22 03:13
Aloha Marcelo,

Wow, you are among friends here!  What you wrote has been discussed in many t ...

Aloha Cetaman!!!!!!!!

Thank you! I will certainly read and re-read the entire manual. I hope the store where you will get the drone in a few days give me in Portuguese, but it will be a little more difficult.

I think 3dsmax and Maya are very similar, a friend of mine used Maya, Blender other and we all had good results. I think the interface of each program is the determining factor for choice. For example, I do not like Sony Vegas, but I know it's an excellent program, perhaps because the Premiere interface is so ingrained in my brain.

Get a job I did in 2009 in 3dsmax. I modeled the entire project and only in rendering, got that aspect of cartoon. Very difficult and pleasurable at the same time. Very hard hit light ... I remember it well!

A hug!!!
2015-11-21
Use props
mbtbrasil
lvl.1

Brazil

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-11-22 05:02
i was just in Sao Paulo.  I would have loved taking a day to work out how to do this precisely for y ...

Hello!
Next Thursday I will go to São Paulo just get the drone. I live in the state of Paraná, 480km away from São Paulo.
2015-11-21
Use props
mbtbrasil
lvl.1

Brazil

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-22 06:37
Aloha Marcelo,

Your zip line idea is what used to be done with CourseLock from back in the P ...

Hi Cetaman!

Great! Thank you for the thoughtful and detailed responses.

The works of the company where I work are enormous, construct warehouses 100m, 150m, etc ... then, as I intend to record several points, waypoints will be very far apart.

Flying taking pictures of 3 in 3 seconds can be very advantageous. That's because the works take two years to be ready, so long after the work becomes monotonous, so it requires easy to accomplish.

When you can, see this experience I have done with the GoPro Hero 3 silver. GoPro install a crane 66 meters high (so blurred images). I made a hole in the waterproof case and the hole passed cable, USB to power the camera. Downstairs, we installed a nobreak to prevent falls. Programmed the camera to take one photo every 60 seconds and so continued shooting for 12 uninterrupted days. In all, three warehouse, making up about 36 days shooting. I climbed this crane dozens of times, step by step, with much rain in one day. Horrible!!!

2015-11-21
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mbtbrasil Posted at 2015-11-21 14:54
Hi Cetaman!

Great! Thank you for the thoughtful and detailed responses.

Aloha Marcelo,

Muito impressionante.  A empresa trabalha 24 / 7?  Todo o trabalho o tempo todo?  Concordo, naquele dia de chuva realmente deve ter sido horrível!  No entanto, o resultado é impressionante!  Muito bom trabalho!  Ah, e o 3dsMAX vídeo é muito bom desenho animado.  Você tem boa capacidade de fazer música coincide com ação.  E a música para o silo ou tanque vídeo (armazém) realmente combinou a ação.  Você deve ser saudável de subir o guindaste tanto.

O próximo trabalho, com o P3, vai documentar o mesmo tipo de construção?  E quanto à chuva - se o trabalho é feito na estação chuvosa, você tem que planejar uma maneira de tirar fotos em dias secos.

Quando você vê o vídeo simples vou fazer, você vai descobrir como usar o DJI Waypoints para a construção do documento.  Os limites são; 500 metros de diâmetro para toda a área para os 99 waypoints (máximos), não menos de 5 metros, conforme observado, entre waypoints, e o mais alto o P3 é permitido ir é 120 metros (acima do controlador remoto).  A menos que você está colocando em uma barragem muito grande, os 500 metros deve ser suficiente espaço para trabalhar.  O grande problema com grandes trabalhos é a carga da bateria.  A bateria do P3 dura 20 a 23 minutos por voo (sem propguards).  Então o P3 tem que cobrir a missão em que a quantidade de tempo e, ainda, a terra em segurança.  Vento também pode ser um grande problema se o trabalho é muito grande.

Grandes projetos podem ser divididos em pequenos trabalhos, então você vai fazer muito bem.  Em breve, você terá um monte de tempo no ar com seu P3 e um monte de tempo de computador trabalhando as fotos.  Você vai fazer um bom sistema como seu trabalho de guindaste.  

Aloha e Drone On!
Aloha Marcelo,

Very impressive.  The company works 24 / 7?  All work all the time?  I agree, that rain day really must have been horrible!  The result is very impressive though!  Good Job!  Oh, and the 3dsMAX video is very good cartoon.  You have good ability to make music match action.  And the music for the silo or tank video (warehouse) really matched the action.  You must be healthy from climbing the crane so much.

Is the next job, with the P3, going to document the same type of construction?  And as for rain - if work is done in the rainy season, you have to plan a way to take photos on dry days.  

When you see the  simple video I will make, you will figure out how to use the DJI Waypoints to document the construction.  The limits are; 500 meters diameter for the whole area for the 99 (maximum) waypoints, no less than 5 meters, as noted, between waypoints, and the highest the P3 is allowed go is 120 meters.  Unless you are putting in a very large dam, the 500 meters should be enough space to work in.  The big problem with large jobs is the battery charge.  The battery of the P3 lasts 20 to 23 minutes per flight (without propguards).  So the P3 has to cover the mission within that amount of time and still land safely.  Wind can also be a big problem if the job is very big.

Big projects can be broken down into smaller jobs, so you will do very well.  Soon, you will have a lot of air-time with your P3 and a lot of computer time working the photos.  You will make a good system like your crane work.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-22
Use props
gunitt
lvl.1

India

Following are some possible reasons given in Canon T3i Manual for causes of JPEG image file corruption
Generation of bad sectors in the hard disk sometimes corrupts the stored JPEG files, and you encounter the above-mentioned error message when you try to open a JPEG image file
Virus infected storage media also corrupts JPEG image files, and you become unable to access them
Corrupt or broken header of JPEG image file
Due to incomplete JPEG scan, we also end up corrupting our valuable pictures
Using the digital camera even after it indicates low battery also corrupts the clicked JPEG images and thus, you encounter the above error message when you try to view these images
2017-4-28
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

Did not read the whole thread, but have you looked at the Litchi App? You can pre program it to fly to your target, stop and take pictures or video or circle around a central POI. Save the flight and duplicate it as much as you want. The best part is preparing the flight/mission on your computer beforehand.
See this link:  https://flylitchi.com/
2017-4-28
Use props
melns
New
Flight distance : 141535 ft
Latvia

Hey, mbtbrasil - did you found solution for recording one, same position? I was thinking the same thing and googling - thats how I landed here.
2017-5-23
Use props
RM820119
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1554961 ft
United States

I know the Litchi app is very popular, latest versions of the DJI Go aren't bad either. But here's an app I found pretty fascinating and extremely flexible.  Drone Blocks
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules