BEEP BEEP Will Not Fly
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nick.amtower.gm
lvl.1

United States

Hi,
Bought a phantom 3 pro back in July, I've flown it maybe a couple dozen time since then. Back in september/early october I updated to the new firmware, and two things happened. I was flying it one evening, and then I got this alert on the app. "Danger, Low voltage" or something along those lines and it immediately started coming back to home. I thought maybe it was a problem with the battery so I switched out to the secondary fresh battery. I turned it on and it just started beeping continuously. The app seems to indicate that there might be some issue with the compass. I read in some other threads to open it up and take a look to make sure that all connections are good. Went ahead and did that, and saw nothing loose/broken. I tried putting the firmware on a fesh card, but still no dice. At this point I'm lost and not really sure why my $1300 toy that I've hardly used isn't working.

If yall have any advice, I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers!
2015-11-22
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What exactly does the app status say ?
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,nick
Please check your battery level and do the Compass Calibration before your flight .
2015-11-22
Use props
leon.hughes
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The beeping happens if you have firmware on the SD card and you turn off the battery during boot.  The other thing that can cause it is if you have firmware on the card and insert it when the power is on.  

This can usually be fixed if you leave the SD card in with the firmware still on it, power on and leave for 20 mins.  It will beep like crazy, but will rectify itself.
2015-11-24
Use props
Nick.amtower
lvl.1

United States

leon.hughes Posted at 2015-11-24 02:25
The beeping happens if you have firmware on the SD card and you turn off the battery during boot.  T ...

Thank you for the advice. I took those steps and it stopped the beeping problem. I have two battery packs, and now the aircraft indicator is telling me that the batteries are damaged and to send back to the factory for repair. This leads me to believe that there is a connection issue with the battery and the aircraft. Even though I can get feed from the camera to the controller, the aircraft will not take off or let me calibrate the compass.

At his point, do should I be sending the aircraft unit in for repair to fix the electrical connection? Or should  I buy a third battery pack and try to give it another go?
2015-12-20
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

If you got the batteries along with the P3P, I'd return the whole thing and ask for a new one. That's just me.

Barney
2015-12-20
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Nick.amtower Posted at 2015-12-21 06:52
Thank you for the advice. I took those steps and it stopped the beeping problem. I have two batter ...

Hi , Nick
Please confirm all the firmware versions are up to date . If the problem still appear , please contact your dealer or repair center .
2015-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules