P3P and interference
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Sweden

Hi.
How is the p3p with interference? say that you fly and get a building or trees between you and you p3p? how long can you fly before you get interference in open area or "hilly" area?
Interference overall with the p3p? you rexperiences with it so to say. I just sold my p2 becuse a got tired of the interference I got with it, changed alot on it and still got bad interference, Im just want to get a idea how the p3p is before I maybe buy one.
2015-11-24
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You say interference but what you describe is blocking of signal.
You have to have an unobstructed line of sight between the controller and the bird but you'll find the Lightbridge and 4 antennas on the Phantom is 10x better than the P2 series for control.
It's like chalk and cheese.
2015-11-24
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Sweden

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2015-11-24 13:00
You say interference but what you describe is blocking of signal.
You have to have an unobstructed l ...

Yes its blocking of the signal, but is it total darkness or how bad/good is the signal if you fly behind a building? I have heard so much good things about the p3p but I'm nervous to buy one, I was so disappointed on my p2 with the interference I got. I just want to make sure before I maybe buy one, its not cheap..
2015-11-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DanielJacobsson Posted at 2015-11-25 07:03
Yes its blocking of the signal, but is it total darkness or how bad/good is the signal if you fly  ...

To be honest, I would never fly behind a building, far too risky. If you loose the control signal at that point, the aircraft have been known to initiate Return To Home and try to fly back to you through the building.
2015-11-24
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DanielJacobsson Posted at 2015-11-25 07:03
Yes its blocking of the signal, but is it total darkness or how bad/good is the signal if you fly  ...

Fly behind a building or a mountain etc and you will lose signal.
2015-11-24
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Sweden

Ok then i knew. But overall the p3p is signal strong with good picture quality? I have tried to search on youtube to find some videos
2015-11-25
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DanielJacobsson Posted at 2015-11-24 23:38
Ok then i knew. But overall the p3p is signal strong with good picture quality? I have tried to sear ...

Aloha Daniel,

The P3P is a quantum leap beyond the P2.  I have both and have flown the P2 Vision+.  If you fly behind something solid, you cannot let the signal be blocked more than 3 seconds.  Flying at 10 meters per second you might cover 30 meters before you loose signal.  Buildings and mountains are larger than that, so it is futile to try.  

The big problem you will have with actual interference is flying over a suburb wealthy enough for every house to have 2.4 GHz cordless phones - the same frequency as the P3.  Even though the P3P has a new range of 3.1 miles (5 kilometers), at 120 meters altitude (max) you will not get farther than a half mile or a kilometer before you loose signal and RTH (Return To Home).  Happened to me today.

As for image quality on your device?  It can be as good as 720p but a device (phone or tablet) that has a lot of apps running and is not dedicated to the P3P could give you lousy reception and lots of lag.  If you want real good quality and maybe use FPV goggles, you could get an HDMI module to replace the USB module that comes with the P3P Remote Controller ($100).  This will allow you to use an HDMI cable to feed either the FPV goggles or an HDMI auxiliary display.

And we have not even gotten to the reflective parabolic range extenders.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-25
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Sweden

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-25 11:36
Aloha Daniel,

The P3P is a quantum leap beyond the P2.  I have both and have flown the P2 Vi ...

Great answer! Thanks, I will buy one after the winter.. I need to learn more first and buy stuff for my others hobbies too.
2015-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules