does adding the hdmi module to controller break dji warranty
632 4 2015-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maybachbugatti1
lvl.1

United States

just wondering but does adding the hdmi module from dji website break the warente for the controller or drone i want to buy it but i dont want to have any problems with support down the line if something goes wrong (not with the module its self but with the drone or controller) i dont want the support to say oh you moddified your controller then make me pay to have them fix it.
thanks
2015-11-25
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Ooooh, darn good question!  DJI doesn't offer a controller with the HDMI module already installed and there is nothing on the HDMI module page that says the controller has to be returned so DJI can put it in.   Hmmm, I'll be curious to see how they answer that question!
2015-11-25
Use props
maybachbugatti1
lvl.1

United States

gil Posted at 2015-11-26 01:46
Ooooh, darn good question!  DJI doesn't offer a controller with the HDMI module already installed an ...

so according to a dji support guy that i talked to and got it in writing it wont break warranty
2015-11-26
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Just switch it back out for sending it in for any repairs...  Your not suppose to include accessories anyway and if they replace a p3 I doubt anyone would think to switch it to the new controller before sending it back to you
2015-11-26
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi,
It doesn't void warranty if you adding the official modual . But please take care , we would be hard to be responsible for it if you damaged the RC or the modual .
2015-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules