Newbie needs help with course lock mode
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FredCody
lvl.1

United States

I'm new at this.  I just flew my PH3 standard the first time this morning.  My problem is I cannot figure out how to set the course lock mode.  I watched the video on dji web site.
This is what I did.  I turned on the drone and the RC.  I connected wifi from my iphone to the RC.  I started the dji Go App and did the automatic take off in P-GPS mode.  Once the drone was hovering, I moved the S1 switch down to 'F' mode.  According to the video, I should receive message on the Go App to tap to enable multiple flight mode and then select course lock.   When I move the S1 switch to 'F' mode, I get a message on the Go App that I cannot change flight modes.  I'm sure there is a simple process to get into course lock but I don't know how.
2015-12-6
Use props
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

Might need a minimum altitude (40 feet or so, I think).
2015-12-6
Use props
FredCody
lvl.1

United States

Bartone Posted at 2015-12-7 02:42
Might need a minimum altitude (40 feet or so, I think).

I'll give it a try
2015-12-6
Use props
stanleytan200
lvl.1

Indonesia

You should enable the multiple flight in setting
2015-12-6
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , Fred
Please enable  the "Multiple Flight Mode" in the Advanced Settings .
2015-12-7
Use props
FredCody
lvl.1

United States

stanleytan200 Posted at 2015-12-7 02:53
You should enable the multiple flight in setting

I tried that.  Before I took off the drone, I went into the advanced setting on the Go App and turned on multiple flight setting, then I did a take off and hovered the drone.  When I moved the S1 switch to F mode I did not get any message on the Go App.  However, the Go App did tell me in a voice message that I was flying in Atti mode.  I'm am not experienced and Atti mode scared me, so I immediately landed the drone.  Do you think maybe my problem is I need to upgrade the software in the drone and the Go App?
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

FredCody Posted at 2015-12-7 20:13
I tried that.  Before I took off the drone, I went into the advanced setting on the Go App and tur ...

Please upgrade your aircraft  firmware and DJI Go App to the latest  version . And take care of the GPS signal .
2015-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules