P3P - Pixel dots appearing on DNG images
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elvolo
lvl.1
United States

Hello Fellow DJI Members!

I have owned my P3P for about five months now, no problems. Just within the last couple days, I have noticed red and/or blue dots appearing on my photos. They seem to appear in the darker areas of my photos.  I shoot in raw DNG file format and open up the files with Photomatix Pro 5.1.  Images have been taken in different locations, ruling out some kind of electrical interference.

Not sure why these dots have been appearing all of a sudden.  A search on the Internet has not revealed anybody else having the same issue.  Oh and by the way, when I shoot in JPG file format, the dots are not there.

Hopefully someone who reads this knows what could be causing this problem and might know the solution!

Thanks so much!

(An example image is attached, showing the dots mostly on the front door of this house, as well as on the black car parked in the garage, but if you look closely, you can see them in other areas too).

flight.jpg
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
Please download the DNG Cleaner at "Software & Drivers" . http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

elvolo! could you please provide us an original DNG file as well
2015-12-7
Use props
elvolo
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-7 18:55
Hi ,
Please download the DNG Cleaner at "Software & Drivers" . http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3- ...

Thanks Patrick for the reply.  I actually did download the DNG cleaner when I first started noticing the problem.  I used the program, but the problem was still there and no difference was made.
2015-12-8
Use props
elvolo
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-7 23:28
elvolo! could you please provide us an original DNG file as well

Thank you for the reply, Tim, I appreciate that!  Yes, I can definitely provide the original DNG file.  Could you tell me how to submit it to you?  E-mail, perhaps?
2015-12-8
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Did you ever receive a resolution to this problem?  I am having the same issue, I also ran through the DNG cleaner and some photos improved, some still had tons of red blue and green dots, then i noticed some after the dng cleaner had yellow dots :/
2016-2-4
Use props
keongwee85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331391 ft
Malaysia

whats the outcome ??? is it DJI error or ?
2016-5-10
Use props
NoPanic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7149 ft
France

Same issue with my P3P.

Has anyone ever fixed this ?
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now