DJI VISION upgrade
2615 19 2014-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ifixit.gary
lvl.1

United States

I am having difficulty upgrading the DJI VISION program on my iPad. I keep getting a message that says "Safari will not allow this" ??!! I tried installing Google Chrome and accessing the DJI site to download the latest software using Chrome but I got the same/similar response from Chrome.  How can I upgrade the software?
2014-12-26
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are talking about the app, try app store.
2014-12-26
Use props
ifixit.gary
lvl.1

United States

APP Store does not have the DJI VISION programThe APPLE APP STORE had only three (3) apps for DVI Phantom: 1)FPV Booster for vision +  (costing $8.99)2)Multicopter & Drohnene. Verfleidh/Kaufveratund: DJI Phantom (obviously a German language program) 3)Phantom Helper CincyPlanet (costing $2.99)
2014-12-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

There is no iPad Vision App, you have to use the iPhone version.
2014-12-26
Use props
ifixit.gary
lvl.1

United States

So explain how there is a Vision app on my iPad?
I would ask my dear friend, who gave me his Phantom, but he is dead.
2014-12-26
Use props
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

You have to use the iPhone version of the app "DJI Vision" on your iPad.  I just installed it on my iPad 2 today.

Jamie
2014-12-26
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Gary,
To download DJI vision onto ipad, you need to go iphone version of the app store on your ipad. Then you will see the app. The app was designed for iphone, so it will not show up in the app store for ipad, you need to select app store for iphone.
2014-12-26
Use props
ifixit.gary
lvl.1

United States

ljhellmich@yaho Posted at 2014-12-27 08:33
You have to use the iPhone version of the app "DJI Vision" on your iPad.  I just installed it on m ...

As I mentioned there are only three apps when searching for DJI PHANTOM apps on the apple site.  How  did you find the iPhone version on the apple site?
2014-12-26
Use props
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

ifixit.gary@gma Posted at 2014-12-27 08:36
As I mentioned there are only three apps when searching for DJI PHANTOM apps on the apple site.  H ...

I had previously installed it on an iPhone, so when I connected the iPad to iTunes today, I clicked on "install" on the phone version, and it installed on the iPad.  Works fine.

I was not having luck locating it myself before trying the above.  I did not know it would work on the iPad 2 until I read a post by Gerry1124.   Maybe he can help with how to find it from the iPad.
Gerry?

Jamie
2014-12-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

ljhellmich@yaho Posted at 2014-12-27 08:43
I had previously installed it on an iPhone, so when I connected the iPad to iTunes today, I clicked ...

Hi
My app automatically installed directly to the main display.  If your display is full, slide your finger on the screen to move everything to the left.  It might be located on page 2 of your main menu.
2014-12-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the App Store search for DJI Vision.  In the upper left corner it will say for iPad only.  Change that to iPhone only and you will see it for download.
2014-12-26
Use props
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-27 08:52
In the App Store search for DJI Vision.  In the upper left corner it will say for iPad only.  Change ...

Thanks, I'll remember that one.

Jamie
2014-12-26
Use props
ifixit.gary
lvl.1

United States

This is an inherited Phantom of which I have been trying to decrypt the configuration set up by my dead friend. I have over time been able to download manuals, QR codes, etc., etc as well as glean info from emails/phone calls with DJI techs and videos.  And today somehow I had all the i's dotted and t's crossed properly (don't ask me to repeat it as it took about 6 hours of experimentation).  I had the Phantom sitting on my desk fully operational. Video camera synchronized with the iPad mini, range extender synchronized, control synchronized, everything was working and the propellers are rotating.

I'm sitting there VERY surprised yet pleased it all works but how do I turn this off?  I understood powering it off was the same as powering it up with the controller, so I tried what turned it on, that only accelerated the idling propellers so I start flipping toggles - Opps. it's now airborne (should have just turned off power at the battery, my first idea) I reach out to grab the landing gear. It was less than six inches from the wall and before I can grab it, it touched the wall.  Broke bits off two props before I  had control (right) and I simply turned it off at the battery. That worked. I turned everything off put it back in the case, tossed the pieces of the props and wall (terracotta) and put it all away.

So apparently I have a working version of Vision on my iPad Mini.  At least it did for a few seconds until I pulled the battery. Now I have to see if I can duplicate the process (leaving the propellers off) and get more information about flying before I  go out to a vast snowy flat spot and attempt,  The Flight Of The Phoenix.

I would like to download professional flight capability to my brain as in Matrix
2015-1-2
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Always remove the props indoors! Also when your updating the firm ware

To power the unit push the battery button twice, holding the second time. Repeat this step to power down
2015-1-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

ifixit.gary@gma Posted at 2015-1-3 08:28
This is an inherited Phantom of which I have been trying to decrypt the configuration set up by my d ...

To power it up, move both sticks to the bottom and center.  You can stop it the same way, but that is the emergency way to stop it, don't do that in flight.  The normal way to stop the props after it has landed is the left stick all the way down and hold until the props stop, then power off the battery on the Phantom first, before you power off the TX.
2015-1-2
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

ifixit.gary@gma Posted at 2015-1-3 08:28
This is an inherited Phantom of which I have been trying to decrypt the configuration set up by my d ...

When you started flipping toggles you likely activated the failsafe mode which immediately triggers it attempting to fly up to 66 feet!

Uhhh, gary... you said you downloaded manuals but ahem... did you read them before you fired up the Phantom?  At the risk of insulting your intelligence I would like to HIGHLY recommend these five short videos by B&H photo that will demonstrate some of the essential steps to safely get your bird in the air. tutorials

They cover the following:
  1) Unboxing And Assembly 6:42
  2) Assistant Software 5:31
  3) Flight Modes 7:49
  4) DJI Vision App 6:07
  5) First Flight 9:15
(I'm going to throw in a handy little checklist too)

Phantom2 Vision  checklist_600x900.jpg
2015-1-2
Use props
ifixit.gary
lvl.1

United States

Thank you all for your insight and tips and . . .  Ahem . . . I will read them all as well as the manual after digging out a glossary so I can understand the abbreviations.  Update:  I have had two successful flights since my last post though now I'm trying to figure out what happened to "corrupt"  a video. If it's not one thing its another . . . work in progress.
Thank you all again Oh and here is the glossary FYI (For Your Information):

AGL = Above Ground Level
ARTF = Almost ready to fly
ASL = Above Sea Level. Also called called MSL for Mean Sea Level
ATTI = Attitude
AUW = All Up Weight
BLOS = Beyond line of sight
BNF = Bind n Fly (transmitter)
BTU= Blue Tooth Unit
CAA = Civil Aviation Authority (UK Regulator)
CL = Course Lock
CSC combination stick command
DJI = Da-Jiang Innovation
ESC= electronic speed controller
FAA = Federal Aviation Administration (US Regulator)
FPV = first person view.
FS = Failsafe
GPS = Global Positioning System
HL = Home Lock
IMU - Inertial Measurement Unit
IOC = Intelligent Orrientation Control
LHCP= Left Hand Circular Polorized
Lipo = Lithium-Polymer (battery)
LOS = Line of sight
MC = Main controller.
MOD = Moduus
NOTAM = Notice to Airmen
POI = Point of Interest
RHCP= Right Hand Circular Polorized
RTF = Ready to fly
RTH = Return To Home
Rx = Receiver
SUA = Small Unmanned Aircraft (What the CAA call what we fly)
sUAS = Small unmanned aircraft system (what the FAA calls what we fly)
SUSA = Small Unmanned Surveillance Aircaft (What the CAA call what we fly)
Troll = someone who has nothing better to do than make nuisance posts while waiting for their mums to return with more pimple cream.
Tx = Transmitter
UAV = Unmanned aerial vehicle
VLOS = Visual line of sight
VRS = Vortex Ring State
VRx - Video Receiver
VTx - Video Transmitter
2015-2-23
Use props
ifixit.gary
lvl.1

United States

gil@wk.net Posted at 2015-1-3 13:00
When you started flipping toggles you likely activated the failsafe mode which immediately triggers ...

Gil - I was able to download the checklist, printed it up, and laminate it so it goes with me when I go flying

Thank You!
2015-2-23
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-2-24
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

the video will be fine once you start and stop the next video.
2015-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules