pan and tilt timelapse option
1075 4 2015-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
willmcgregor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80712 ft
United Kingdom

With the motor's and the camera combo, the Osmo is pretty much built for pan/pan & tilt timelapses.

Adding that option into the DJI Go app would be amazing, people would buy the osmo just for that.

Using a waypoint/path system similar to the phantom, draw a path in app for the camera to follow, set the time period and the camera will go to the start point and run that path.

Would it be possible to add this into the next firmware update?
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your valuable suggestion, we will consider it seriously.
2015-12-22
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
Germany

Hi WillMcGregor,

"people would buy the osmo just for that. "
Forget about the conjunctive, I DID BUY the Osmo only for that exact reason ;-)
4k timelapsing with pre-programmable 2 axis camera rotation out of one hand. Awesome.
Unfortunately DJI has to fix a whole bunch of bugs first, so the basic timelapsing can finally be made usefull.

Amy, on another post you already promised that the rotating feature for timelapse will be implemented in the future.
Did this now change to another vague "perhaps maybe maybe not" kind of thing? I hope not! That post was the reason I got the Osmo. No kidding!

There are already a couple of threads available regarding this topic - maybe it would make sense to somehow bundle them in a dedicated chapter or something to concentrate information?

Regards,
Martin
2015-12-23
Use props
willmcgregor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80712 ft
United Kingdom

martin94b Posted at 2015-12-23 08:16
Hi WillMcGregor,

"people would buy the osmo just for that. "

I was the same man, I just assumed it would be included and was gutted when it wasn't.

Another option I would like is to crop (with a loss of resolution) in camera, like my gopro.

You can have a narrower FOV but it would be 2.7k or tighter at 1080p, just so its like having software lens choices.

2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

willmcgregor@me Posted at 2015-12-25 06:31
I was the same man, I just assumed it would be included and was gutted when it wasn't.

Another o ...

Thanks for your suggestions. I will report to the corresponding engineers.
2015-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules