My first video: how to eliminate lagging when panning?
2005 3 2015-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dorius_23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118766 ft
Switzerland

Hey guys, I made my first video with the P3. I encountered a problem when panning the drone: the images appear to lag. How can I fix this? Record at a higher frame rate? Thanks for advice ;) Any other critic is well accepted, too! Here's the link: , see the lagging at 0:25 for example.

Thanks a lot =)

P.s. I know the color grading is not optimal. I'll try to read/watch some tutorials about that
2015-12-23
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

Some nice shots - very pretty scenery. I think I have seen that dam in a few movies (can't think of which ones).

Still new to this so my answer is a guess. I think the "lag" you are referring to on the pans and trucks is called "jello." Are you shooting with an ND (Neutral Density) filter? If not, your problem might me that the shutter speed is too high. Ideally, you want the shutter speed to be twice the frame rate. (1/60 for 30fps, 1/120 for 60fps, etc.).There are some good videos links in this forum to explain. Here is one:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AvBqeoonU88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
2015-12-23
Use props
fans967b85df
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22339 ft
United States

The shutter closes from top to bottom. When you pan there is a image shift. That is the lag you are referring to. The only way to fix it is to play with shutter speed, iso, and practice panning.
2018-1-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans967b85df Posted at 2018-1-29 15:30
The shutter closes from top to bottom. When you pan there is a image shift. That is the lag you are referring to. The only way to fix it is to play with shutter speed, iso, and practice panning.

And it is also worth pointing out that professionals avoid using pans as much as possible because of the artifacts it produces. If you want to minimise the artifact, then adjust your yaw rate down to a low value. The effecxt can be minimised by amploying a higher bitrate of the rendered output as well.
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules