12677 30 2015-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
awpage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello

I'm new, so I hope someone can help...

I have a 4 week old Phantom 3 standard.  No issues to date with several successful flights under my belt - no crashes. Overall I am (well was) very pleased with the product.

Yesterday, I was prompted to update the firmware (v1.3.0050). Having successfully done this when I first unboxed the unit - I assumed the procedure would be simple again - WRONG!

The download to my iPhone 6 worked fine - then when I tried to update the Phantom, it got stuck on 47%

Now, when switching on the Phantom, I get a constant loud 4 beeps and no lights. I have tried leaving the unit on for an hour (in the garage) - with no change.

Currently I obviously cannot use it. How do I reset the firmware on the P3 standard?  As the update on the standard is done via the app, I can't find any help on this.

I'm really annoyed as I wanted to use it over Christmas! Silly mistake for thinking the firmware update would be straightforward!
2015-12-23
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha awpage,

What you are describing sounds like you had an "interference episode" during download.  Human and other animal bodies (read cats and dogs) and metal objects can interfere with downloads and communication between bird and transmitter.   That being said, you need to get past the interference and get your bird in the air again.   You may have to uninstall the DJI Go app and downgrade your bird firmware to do the complete reset but sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

I am not that familiar with the P3 Standard, but I am sure one of the DJI guys will be by soon on how to reset  your bird.  BTW, your use of the garage is a good use when the bird gets into warning mode.  I actually put mine in my car boot til it quieted down.  Meanwhile, if you can read up on the downgrade options for your P3S, it could be a starting point for you.  

What you are going through is part of why we enjoy what we are doing.  If you can get your bird up in the air, keep it performing up to standards and land it without crashing, you have accomplished a lot.  Even if it means learning how to do firmware upgrades and undo firmware upgrades, you are still learning how to make your bird work right.  When she flies, it means you have done a lot and learned a lot.  Quite the accomplishment!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Sorry about that . Please post the upload log here , thank you !
If not successful, I will need the upgrade log in the HIDDEN FOLDER of the SD card. The file name should be: P3_FW_LOG_AB.txt
To find the right file, please try to access the Hidden Folder of the SD card by this way:
For Windows: http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For MAC: http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/

Thank you for you cooperation and support.
2015-12-24
Use props
awpage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-24 10:53
Sorry about that . Please post the upload log here , thank you !
If not successful, I will need the ...

Patrick  - Thank you

One of the suggested fixes was to reformat the SD card. Therefore there is no hidden log file to send you.

2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

awpage Posted at 2015-12-25 00:58
Patrick  - Thank you

One of the suggested fixes was to reformat the SD card. Therefore there is n ...

Good to hear your problem solved . Merry Christmas !
2015-12-24
Use props
zfc101
New

United States

I don't think that that had fixed his problem.  He was just mentioning that it was something he did in hopes of fixing it.  I say this because I have the same issue more or less and formatting the SD card has done nothing for me.  
2015-12-24
Use props
awpage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

zfc101 Posted at 2015-12-25 03:33
I don't think that that had fixed his problem.  He was just mentioning that it was something he did  ...

Sadly not fixed...

Still beeping

... there is as much chance of my Christmas turkey flying away this year as my Phantom!

Merry Christmas
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

awpage Posted at 2015-12-25 15:46
Sadly not fixed...

Still beeping

Sorry about that . Could you please post a video of that ? Are there any warnings in DJI Go App ?
2015-12-25
Use props
awpage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The DJI app suggests that some kind of connection is in please as I can see video output from the Phantom and reformat the SD.

I have some video clips on my iPad - how do I load them to the forum?  The advanced option seems to have the video / attachement buttons greyed out.
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

awpage Posted at 2015-12-25 16:49
The DJI app suggests that some kind of connection is in please as I can see video output from the Ph ...

I mean the video of your aircraft beeping . Could you please provide the information like what was the RC indicator blinking ? What was the rear LED of the aircraft blinking ?
2015-12-25
Use props
awpage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I know... my question is how do I load the video (of the unit beeping) to the forum?

No lights on the phantom arms are blinking, the green light is on the camera and battery lights are also on as normal.
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

awpage Posted at 2015-12-25 17:52
I know... my question is how do I load the video (of the unit beeping) to the forum?

No lights on t ...

You can post the video on youtube and paste the link here .
2015-12-25
Use props
awpage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-25 10:07
You can post the video on youtube and paste the link here .

ok... here are two short videos:

2015-12-25
Use props
jdudzy
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a video how to update the firmware.   
You should also try relinking the Phantom, and resetting the WiFi
2015-12-25
Use props
jdudzy
lvl.1

United States

Where I am so far...I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Reconnecting the rc unit to the p3s. And tried messing with the sd card to see if I could delete the upload from the card. I have got it to say that the drone is connected to the rc unit, but the drone it self keeps making a constant beeping noise like the video. I let it sit for 30 min and nothing changes. Something happened in the middle of the update and I turned the rc unit off. Do you have any other suggestions? I really appreciate all the help!
2015-12-25
Use props
awpage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you for the tutorial.

This is exactly what I originally did. The download worked perfectly, except the firmware install got stuck at 47%!

My Christmas guests were most impressed with my squarking (well beeping) bird yesterday! A shame, as I had planned to give them a demonstration of it flying.

I have already deleted and reinstalled the app, reformatted the SD card, tried a different battery, looked for the hidden files (not there due to SD reformat) and left it beeping (in the garage) for an hour.

Given my Phantom was only bought on 3rd December, my UK supplying dealer is suggesting a return. I'm surprised this is needed for just a firmware install issue. Surely there is a fix to force a reinstall of the firmware somehow? DJI?

Any help welcomed.
2015-12-26
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

It may beep for what feels like hours! It may need several attempts, and listening to the quite intense sound for say 5 minutes may result in a nervous breakdownish feeling leading to you thinking it's not gonna make it.
So have patience with it and put it in another room to avoid some of the gray hairs

2015-12-26
Use props
awpage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2015-12-26 09:16
It may beep for what feels like hours! It may need several attempts, and listening to the quite inte ...

Thanks...

Mine has already done two sessions of solitary confinement.

The first was for 30 minutes. The second was for a full hour.

Is leaving it any longer really going to fix this? It really doesn't sound good and there are lots of little wirring noises comming from the motors. Can we please get some guidance from DJI on this.

I live in hope of a simple fix - otherwise mine will need to be sent back and I suspect I will be without it for weeks.
2015-12-26
Use props
awpage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Latest status is:

Left in garage beeping for 3.5 hours until battery ran out. New battery inserted:

- Phantom beeping - no lights on arms
- green light on camera
- green light on rc link on Phantom
- all green lights on the rc
- video live stream showing in app
- app saying that Phantom is connected ok
- phantom battery lights normal
- no response to power on the Phantom motors

app version is 2.4.3
aircraft version is unknown
rc version is 1.3.50
2015-12-26
Use props
ricardoghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Friend think that the only way to make it work again is to reinstall the previous firmware version , so that dji not available on the site , I think so in technical assistance . well that should be made available on site as the other models .
2015-12-26
Use props
awpage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ricardoghion@ho Posted at 2015-12-26 13:55
Friend think that the only way to make it work again is to reinstall the previous firmware version , ...

Thanks

My understanding is that the only way you can update the firmware on the P3 STANDARD  is via the app.

Can it be done manually?
2015-12-26
Use props
ricardoghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

awpage Posted at 2015-12-26 22:58
Thanks

My understanding is that the only way you can update the firmware on the P3 STANDARD  is v ...

Should give !! I think the DJI should release the firmware for these cases that problem.
2015-12-26
Use props
awpage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

jdudzy Posted at 2015-12-26 01:41
I am having the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

Sorry, no solution and no new ideas from DJI. Still beeping.

I am going to have to return mine back to the UK dealer I bought it from. It's been grounded since 23rd December and has been flown  just 4 times. I'm not very happy as I had planned to use it a lot over the holiday period.
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

awpage Posted at 2015-12-28 18:05
Sorry, no solution and no new ideas from DJI. Still beeping.

I am going to have to return mine b ...

Sorry about that . I'm afraid you'll have to send it back for a repair . Please contact your dealer or support center about that .
North America Support.jpg
2015-12-28
Use props
aw.page
lvl.1

United Kingdom

An update...

I got a full refund on my P3 Standard and have just received my new P3 Advanced in the DJI 10 year sale, so only £160 more - well worth it.

I have now updated to the latest firmware on P3, spare battery and r/c and it took less than  30 minutes. No trouble at all - easy.

Now I just need some good weather - something the forum can't help with!

2016-1-9
Use props
marcos7777
New

United States

Im having the same issues guys!

Here's my video: Warning, very loud beeping:

2016-3-28
Use props
marcos7777
New

United States

And here's what my file says:

P3C_FW_RESULT_AB.txt

Content below:

========== 2016.02.07 13:02:20 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.02.07 13:14:12 =====================
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2016.03.24 22:31:31 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.03.24 22:43:07 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.03.24 22:54:31 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.03.26 11:44:12 =====================
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2016.03.26 11:53:16 =====================
Upgrading ...
2016-3-28
Use props
normankong
New

Hong Kong

Hi Marcos,

I got exactly the same issue . It seems that my root cause is someone called my mobile during upgrade, which interrupt the connection between RC and my mobile.

I follow the below post and it works !  Good luck !

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47187-1-1.html

2016-4-3
Use props
manas_2524
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105768 ft
  • >>>
Mongolia

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-25 17:01
Sorry about that . Could you please post a video of that ? Are there any warnings in DJI Go App ?

My pahtom 3 standard same have problem. How to reset update.
2016-4-18
Use props
tgsat2014
New

Brazil

erro no link do controle

meu fantasma 3standard deu Erro na Atualização. DEPOIS ficou bom, e ágora Toda ves Que Eu liga ELE Tenho ligação Que o Controle, pois nao FICA gravado hum ligação DELE O Que Teve faze?

2016-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules