Follow me practicality
1209 4 2015-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fatbikedave
New

South Africa

I have a phantom 3 (still boxed) and trying to justify keeping it. I do Fatbike tours on Sand Dunes and beach and need a drone to follow me to film. I know the Phantom 3 has follow me mode but dont know whether I can store the remote and phone in my backpack whilst I am riding or need to hold it or keep it outside the bag? If I can store both in my bag or have remote in bag and phone on handlebar then it may work. Also if I put the remote in my bag will every knock push the joystick and throw the drone around including gimble position?  There are new drones coming out such as Hexo+ Airdog and the Gopro Karma which may be more what and many people need. ALso are you developing a small portable drone for action filming? if not you need to as this is a huge market
2015-12-27
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Hi Dave!

You are right in saying that the whole remote+cell phone and so on is a bit of a burden in the backpack (especially because I wouldn't be comfortable with something bumping the remote, and the P3 flying who knows where). There is an alternative app for android, though, called Litchi, which gives you a feature they call "magic leash". Basically, you pair two internet connected devices, one of which you is in your pocket, the other connected to the phantom remote. Then, the phantom will start following the one in your pocket, instead of the one on the remote, as DJI Go does.
I've tested it following some cars/cyclists etc. and it worked very nicely.
Now, as for leaving the remote somewhere, while you go do your stunts... I'd say that's a big no-no. I'd always have someone in control of the P3, even if it's only to press the RTH button.
Hope this helps!
2015-12-27
Use props
Deano
New

United Kingdom

Take a look at the below link, should cover everything you need know.

http://youtu.be/oP-OjN3T5Gk

Good luck.
2015-12-27
Use props
Deano
New

United Kingdom

Take a look at the below, which covers everything you need to know.

http://youtu.be/oP-OjN3T5Gk

Good luck.
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi .  Therotically , the aircraft can follow your device when it moves . But it's not recommended to put the RC and device into your backpack . That's may weaken the RC signal and the GPS signal of the device which will stop the follow me . Your small portable drone is a nice suggestion . Copy that !
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules