Video with Flight Data
1950 9 2015-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crowesnest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119741 ft
Canada

My first attempt of adding flight data to a video.
2015-12-30
Use props
Pertook
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46886 ft
United States

Nice video. I like the idea of adding that data to the video. What program did u use to do that ?
2015-12-30
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

same question. I would love to do this.

if it ever stops raining here in VA.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

looks pretty cool! what software did you use?
2015-12-31
Use props
Crowesnest
lvl.3
Canada

Pertook Posted at 2015-12-30 23:16
Nice video. I like the idea of adding that data to the video. What program did u use to do that ?

There was a bit of work to accomplish this. First you need to convert the flight data to a csv file ( I used flylitchi.com to do that). I then used Dashware to create the overlays. For the data screen I created a green screen video using Sony Vegas Pro. I then modified an existing "gauge" to include only the data that I wanted. I then combined the 2 into an overlay video using Dashware. For the flight path, I created a video of the map I wanted to use and added it Dashware along with the appropriate "gauge" to create the a 2nd overlay video. Finally, in Sony Vegas Pro I used chroma keyer on the data video (green screen) and picture in picture for the flight path video and added them to the original video. The hard part is getting everything in sync.
2015-12-31
Use props
Pertook
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46886 ft
United States

A lot of work but it looks like it paid off. Awesome video !!! Thanks for sharing.
2015-12-31
Use props
tbachli
New

United States

Nicely done, I especially like the musical accompaniment.  Do you know if there is a way to determine altitude of video previously recorded?  My first week with the P3 Advanced, and I'm curious about the height of the stored videos.  Thanks!
2015-12-31
Use props
twlangan
lvl.1

United States

I would like to see DJI add the overlay as an option right in the Go app. Better yet, give us the option to choose what info gets shown in the video or pics as well.
2015-12-31
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Crowe,

Great job! Here's one for you (yours is definitely prettier!):

http://youtu.be/ixUscIx65dQ
2015-12-31
Use props
Crowesnest
lvl.3
Canada

tbachli Posted at 2015-12-31 18:30
Nicely done, I especially like the musical accompaniment.  Do you know if there is a way to determin ...

The music is from a program called SmartSound. I use it a lot for adding music to videos.
If you click on the icon in the upper left corner of the DJI Go app (before you connect to anything) you should see all of the flight records for previous flights. That gives you your altitude information.
2016-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules